It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Accusations Are True ATS - I Do Have An Agenda And I Have Been Manipulating You! My Confession.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
Is it just me that is quite amazed that someone who is 'playing his audience' is not only getting S&F but is also an administrator?

It's just you, and the others who don't get it.

We are all playing our audience. Every post, every word. Get off your high horse. You are a human.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

all that and ur claiming disability because of ptsd and bi polar

yeah try losin a son that will make all ur dang problems seem ridiculous

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Great thread, and while others with surely condemn you for your "manipulation" and less than honest "agenda" I'm merely curious what it is you learned about ATS members (generally) from your manipulation?

Which heart strings are ATS'ers most susceptible to having played like a banjo? My guess would be the "fear" emotion heart strings, ATS generally seems to be an afraid group of people. I know that the other heart strings are more divided amongst members but I am curious if I am wrong and there is a bigger collective heart string that one can play on ATS members and lead them along like sheep they wish they weren't...

Anyway great post, and almost everything is manipulation and were ALL guilty of it whether we know were doing it or not. Some are better at it than others (usually the ones who are consciously doing it) but for the most part were all trying to coerce each-other into a more collective and workable world view...

Also can I ask exactly what your "agenda" was/is? I don't feel like you explained that thoroughly, I'm assuming its to wake people up to being comfortable with questioning everything, even themselves but I could be wrong...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

You assume much. I have lost a child. In fact I lost not only a child to late term miscarriage but also one in a vicious custody battle and did not have contact with him from the age of 3 until he was 21.

Regarding your statements about my disability - when comparing the opinion of a person on the internet vs two board certified psychiatrists, a cardiologist, a GP, and a Social Security Appeals Judge - I'll tend to take their evaluations over yours. I mean, no hard feelings - but their opinions carry more weight with me than yours.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Wow. Long time lurker here. Just had to register for this. I can't believe what is going on here. Reads like a Kafka story.

So OP, there were accusations against you, made in in your previous threads, and looking at them, I can see why.

You basically admit to these accusations, but you assure us the intention was benevolent. You are not an agent or something.

Part of those accusations are very much true. I have been manipulating you, good citizens of ATS. I have been doing so willfully, deliberately, and with an agenda. I have been using decades of very specific training and research to achieve my goals in this endeavor and have been largely successful in my labors. I am guilty as charged. I am a manipulator. Heck, even my confession to manipulating is, quite literally, a manipulation in and of itself. I can, at will, use it to create any number of narratives and to illicit any number of predictable and controllable responses. Any expert will tell you that sympathy is one of the most powerful tools of manipulation that exist. It can be used quite effectively and powerfully to alter perception and opinion almost instantly. For example:

So the biggest question to me is, what parts of your previous threads and this thread are the manipulation you are so good at?

Only a few people have asked this but you refuse to answer them it seems.

So what was the exact manipulation, what were the expected replies, and how does all of this teach people anything and how is this all beneficial?

The people that criticise the OP are told by the people that "get it" that they "they don't get it".

This is hilarious.

What a deluded bunch of followers, my my.

Anyone that says they get the OP is severely deluded. The OP cannot "be gotten" because it makes no sense whatsoever.

Just well picked words that don't really mean a thing, a lot of self promotion, contradictory statements, and stating the obvious.

The followers can't really reason beyond that what OP is telling them.

"It's some sort of social experiment, but you don't get it. See how Heff manipulated you"?

Then tell me, how is it a social experiment?

Basically the OP is discrediting the accusations made earlier by saying it was all a social experiment and that he was playing you all along, and how good he is at it. He then adds some pics that obvioulsy trigger somewhat of an emotional response in people, which is so obvious and redundant, in order to prove a point that doesn't need to be proven.

Then people are impressed and thank him for fooling them and act like he has shown them secret information they should be thankfull for. All the while they are completely tricked into thinking the OP has done them a favor.

The people that criticise simply "don't get it".

Well, I have to give it to you Heff, this was brilliant again. I despise what you are doing but you have succeeded again.

The majority fell for it, again. Even though you basically said you are fooling and manipulating them, they praise and thank you for it and even think they are smarter because of it, when noone actually learned a thing.

This is truly the most pathetic thing I ever witnessed on the internet.

So, please, answer the questions that were asked before.

What was the actual manipulation? What were the responses you made people make. You are very vague.

I don't see how anything you said proved the point you say you are trying to make.

Mike~

edit on 21-9-2012 by MikeDeVries because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Holy crap it looks like you come across with a major bugger beyond my own deviousness ! Good show Heff. I now have to go back and read the whole pie having only skimmed the whipped topping SnF.
edit on 21-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

The use of the word "Agenda" in the title was just a tongue in cheek joke to the fact that I have recently been accused of being a paid poster/agent several times of late. I thought it a clever way to address those claims and table a bit of a conversation.

Sadly, I lacked the foresight to realize that so many people who simply react to the words "agenda" and "manipulation" and miss the threads point entirely.

Live and learn.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Sadly, I lacked the foresight to realize that so many people who simply react to the words "agenda" and "manipulation" and miss the threads point entirely.

So what was the point of the thread. What was the exact manipulation, how did people fall for it, and how does it prove the point you are claiming to make?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I have found this thread to be very informative for several reasons.

Many who seem to be shocked are just in denial that they either have been manipulated in one way shape or form or that they themselves feel self conscious about their own possible agenda and manipulation attempts which aren't anything really new nor impressive not to mention not effective at all.

Wonders off mumbling to himself.

At least the OP has a big enough pair to discuss it out in the open.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I have found this thread to be very informative for several reasons.

Many who seem to be shocked are just in denial that they either have been manipulated in one way shape or form or that they themselves feel self conscious about their own possible agenda and manipulation attempts which aren't anything really new nor impressive not to mention not effective at all.

Wonders off mumbling to himself.

At least the OP has a big enough pair to discuss it out in the open.

really this isnt out in the open

how big a pair does it take to write on an internet forum wow

that means evry1 on here is packin heat

btw slyer i love all ur threads

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

The point is, you among others.. Really do not grasp it. This was a very well thought out and well executed OP. It worked exactly the way it was supposed to.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Can you explain in your own words what the point was and how it worked?

I'll be glad to hear it from you.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeDeVries

The OP was stroking all the egos of the people who accused him of being a dis-information agent or of having an agenda. He was admitting to an inescapable crime...he is guilty of the exact thing that every single one of us is guilty of. We are all just people, with our own agendas.. Whether we intentionally push that agenda or not, our words reflect our feelings. We all manipulate, willingly and unwillingly and we are all manipulated. He is no different than us. His name might have a moderator tag, but he is still a guy sitting behind a computer somewhere. Commenting, arguing, and analyzing just like you and I.

While you may not intend to manipulate.. You are.. Every response or comment influences another comment, or reader. No matter how objective your comment is, it manipulates an action or produces some outcome.. Somewhere. It's a fact of life.. We are all manipulators and we are also the manipulated. You simply cannot escape it, but you can be aware of it.

It worked because you responded to this thread.. Or even if you didn't respond, he has manipulated you into reading it simply from a Title. In essence, he has manipulated a response from you or he has manipulated you into giving your attention. You read this thread, and upon reading it you responded. Therefore, you were manipulated into a response because you FELT something that made you want to respond. It is that easy to manipulate someone.

Maybe I'm not getting it.. Or maybe I'm making Heff out to be a lot more intelligent than he is. From what I am getting.. He made this thread to show how easily we can all be manipulated, and to admit that he has manipulated all of us.. Just like we all manipulate one another whether we do it intentionally or not.
edit on 21-9-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Even the Devils No1 tool is sympathy Heff. And did you know manipulation is a trait of most psychopaths ?

Psychopaths ! You're all psyyyyychopaaaaaths !!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Didn't manipulate me, and shouldn't you have better things to do being a forum moderator 'n all?

Pff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc

Didn't manipulate me, and shouldn't you have better things to do being a forum moderator 'n all?

Pff

He didn't just manipulate you.. He did it without you even knowing it. You responded.

Sorry you didn't win this time.

Please try again.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc

Pff

In my best E.G. Robinson:
How dare you even suggest that a full blown member not have the right to post here ? Oh I get it ! You're trying to manipulate Heff into banning you ? Well it won't work see. That's right it won't work. I ban you from all my threads see. How do ya like that now huh ?

edit on 21-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sorry bo-you havent manupulated me. I find 99.95% of what i see on ATS is complete BS your threads included. Sorry you wasted your time over the years tho!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

edit on 21-9-2012 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join