It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Accusations Are True ATS - I Do Have An Agenda And I Have Been Manipulating You! My Confession.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Nice one. We are all manipulated in some way but we have to figure who, what and how so we can avoid it. You just shot yourself in the foot.Your the boy that cried wolf. What ever thread you post or say now will be considered bulls***. And you are a moderator. Thanks for coming out

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I'm realizing that when Bi-polar people make it past their 20's, they are usually some of the most insightful, objective and self-aware individuals out there. I suppose out of necessity and years of practice managing their emotions and reality/objectivity separately.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog
Nice one. We are all manipulated in some way but we have to figure who, what and how so we can avoid it. You just shot yourself in the foot.Your the boy that cried wolf. What ever thread you post or say now will be considered bulls***. And you are a moderator. Thanks for coming out

Ugh. You aren't doing yourself any favors by disregarding everything else Heff posts. If you understood the OP, you would have to disregard every post by every person on this website by your logic.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsparkles669

Yeah, I have a similar mental issue, and i have to constantly check my own insanity on a daily basis, it is rather exhausting and sometimes I slip and allow my emotions to overwhelm my reality. Here are some pearls of wisdom my dad taught me when I was but a wee babe:

Question everything

Never let them see you cry

And my fave

Emotions make you weak

Now, I could sit here and argue all these points, as I have done my entire life, but for the purpose of heffs thread, I think they all are totally fitting.

It was those phrases that rattled through my head as I was first dissecting the OP. it was those phrases that kept me from having a total emotional knee jerk response. my dad may go down in our family's history as being one of its villains when the story is told, but like I said even honest men lie, and even liars are honest. Thanks dad.....

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Maybe... then again, I dunno if I'm gonna be a parent or not.

I'm just not a fan of people telling me that, no matter what, I CAN'T do, say, or understand something, and I never will. I can see why something so sacred and emotional is so important and deep inside someone, though... like a being a parent. I can see why people don't think someone like me can understand it. Maybe I can't, whateva.

Still, I can imagine. I've played parent for my brother and sister all my life, I'm not clueless.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

I understand that... I understand how everything plays a roll in who you are, what you see, hear, feel, think, and decide... I get it. It's scary.

Still, if you can see things objectively, you can spot manipulation before it happens. It would be impossible to spot every time, but some people can dodge the bullet if they pay attention. Although... thinking around every situation like that would drive you mad... I have a problem with over-thinking in that way.

You can't do anything, no matter who you are, what you're doing, or why you're doing it, without being manipulated into it... but that doesn't mean there's a puppet master. That only means the events of the world and environment around you manipulated you into your current predicament.

Also... I'll always believe that choice plays an important roll in all of this. Moral choice.

If you're making moral choices, the manipulation factor doesn't even matter to you, because you're doing good. I used to feel that way all the time.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

mouse error
edit on 9/21/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I think we are saying the same thing for the most part. I'm not under the impression that there is a puppet master either. I too, used to over analyze and over think a lot of things. As I became more aware of the fundamental truths of our reality I thought less and less about trivial things. The fact of the matter is, we are manipulated and we cannot change it. Every action is product of manipulation by the very definition. You can be a self-proclaimed manipulator or just accept that everyone is a manipulator. What I'm saying is.. The idea of you being or not being a manipulator or being manipulated will cease to exist when you understand it is something that just is. You cannot change it. Our lives are manipulation on all fronts at all times. The dreams you have, the breaths you take, the food you eat, the products you buy, the thoughts you have... These are all influenced and manipulated into what they are by single, or most likely multiple, factors.

A choice is also a manipulation. If you CHOOSE to do something.. You are being manipulated into that choice whether you believe it or not. If it comes down to moral or ethical value, then your belief, or a socially constructed value is manipulating you into making a choice. Choice is the illusion of complete freedom, when really.. That choice is being made by a mind that has carefully weighed all influences (which are manipulators) in order to produce an expected outcome..... Effectively confining you to your influences.

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't resist negative manipulation. By all means, if you think you are being manipulated negatively.. FIGHT IT if you can. Otherwise, it is a waste of your precious energy to try and avoid manipulation.. In a sense you'd have to avoid living. In much the same way that we are distracted by gadgets and technology, our minds are distracted with subjects that will inevitably happen that we think we can avoid. Manipulation happens to be one of those things that we are all burdened AND blessed with. There is no avoiding it, and anyone who thinks they can avoid manipulation or cannot be manipulated are fooling themselves. The effort putting into doing so could arguably be used to exercise your mind in better ways.. Ultimately allowing you more freedom.
edit on 21-9-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Not cool, man.

PTSD is for real. Do you realize how many soldiers come back diagnosed with it and get on disability? Many of them. If you've never experienced it, you have no reason to judge an individual who is going through it.

I lost my little brother 6 years ago, and experienced PTSD along with my immediate family. My father owns a plumbing company, and choose to remain active and basically drove the company into the ground. He was entirely incompetent for the first year afterwards, at minimum. I choose to look after him for the first six months, but it meant I delayed going through the trauma. It seems I got hit with PTSD and it was entirely debilitating. There's no damned way I could have held down a basic job if I tried my best, and I'm usually highly capable.

Have more compassion for humanity. The reason we're in this mess is because of anti-human policies created by psychopaths. There's more than enough to go around if we were living in a sane world run by compassionate people.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This post is so going to get lost in the myriad of answers but hey.
One side of people here think it is brilliant that the OP pointed out the obvious, the other side [quite rightly] are seeing through the OP and find faults with it [it is their right you know].
I personally felt more than a little patronised. As if I am an idiot who doesn't know about manipulation via web posts and who needs it cut into bite size with pictures as otherwise I won't get it.

All I can say is that I am always honest in my posts, the only reason I write them is because they are my opinion. I am so glad that I am a person who doesn't deliberately go out of their way and tries out ways to sway others. I couldn't care less to be honest.

I don't feel the need to trick, manipulate or try some social experiment on forums. I am who I am, take it or leave it. Is it just me that is quite amazed that someone who is 'playing his audience' is not only getting S&F but is also an administrator?

Well to everyone with a brain, I apologise on the behalf of the OP and tell you that I believe that most of us have been fully aware of what the OP is trying to say loooong before his patronising post and will continue to be intelligent beings without the help of the OP. And to Heff: "Get a life".

With that I am outta here.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

i have experianced it hasnt everyone?

and my wife is bi polar but she still works

its just an excuse to be lazy and not work

if you can get on ats and moderate and write threads and respond to other threads

then by god ur capable of working and not taking hand outs from the same government that u hate

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Not only did you miss the entire point of the OP, thread, and my posts within it, but you also demonstrated an extreme lack of basic social skills and a predisposition towards baseless assumption.

And all I did was write a fairly lighthearted thread about media manipulation.

But I am happy that I served to help you get a bit of that misdirected anger out of your soul. Hopefully it will aid you in future social interactions. Consider it my daily good deed.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

i have experianced it hasnt everyone?

No. This response indicates that you're not aware of what the term actually means.

and my wife is bi polar but she still works

Good for her. I hope you understand that "bipolar" has several varieties, each with their own severity depending on the specific case.

its just an excuse to be lazy and not work

I don't deny some exploit the system, but this statement is too much of an absolute, on a complex issue to hold much truth.

if you can get on ats and moderate and write threads and respond to other threads

then by god ur capable of working and not taking hand outs from the same government that u hate

I disagree.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
This post is so going to get lost in the myriad of answers but hey.
One side of people here think it is brilliant that the OP pointed out the obvious, the other side [quite rightly] are seeing through the OP and find faults with it [it is their right you know].
I personally felt more than a little patronised. As if I am an idiot who doesn't know about manipulation via web posts and who needs it cut into bite size with pictures as otherwise I won't get it.

All I can say is that I am always honest in my posts, the only reason I write them is because they are my opinion. I am so glad that I am a person who doesn't deliberately go out of their way and tries out ways to sway others. I couldn't care less to be honest.

I don't feel the need to trick, manipulate or try some social experiment on forums. I am who I am, take it or leave it. Is it just me that is quite amazed that someone who is 'playing his audience' is not only getting S&F but is also an administrator?

Well to everyone with a brain, I apologise on the behalf of the OP and tell you that I believe that most of us have been fully aware of what the OP is trying to say loooong before his patronising post and will continue to be intelligent beings without the help of the OP. And to Heff: "Get a life".

With that I am outta here.

Well I'd say that post is pretty manipulative. You made several remarks meant to induce emotion. The simple act of responding to this thread is an attempt to manipulate, whether it is to express your opinion or change people's minds.. You have successfully manipulated me into responding because I think you have missed the point. If you truly understood what it is about you would know it is not just about web posts. Your simple response reveals that you were also manipulated. So you wrongly feel patronized and you also demonstrated that you do not get it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

you have to disagree lol your mainipulating the system

and fyi i do know a little about ptsd i had a 6 year old son die from a an epidural hematoma

that was 13 years ago and i still cry every day hell im tearing up right now

but you know what ill be at work tonight

and so will my bi polar wife

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Have you had a congenital heart defect, a cardiac arrest, or multiple lesser heart surgeries and still worked from the age of 14 until the age of 42

Just curious. Because I did.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

you have to disagree lol your mainipulating the system

I work. You're confused.

and fyi i do know a little about ptsd i had a 6 year old son die from a an epidural hematoma

that was 13 years ago and i still cry every day hell im tearing up right now

but you know what ill be at work tonight

and so will my bi polar wife

I'm sorry to hear about your son. I'm glad that you were functional enough to work. Some aren't as fortunate.

I still disagree with you that everyone who has been diagnosed with serious mental/emotional disabilities are merely exploiting the social safety net.
edit on 21-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join