It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaign Redesigns American Flag

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by inverslyproportional

He is actually selling "Obama flags" too not just the decal, it's $35 and is a desecration of the flag..there are laws protecting the flag...I don't think anyone else in American politics has actually remade the American flag in his own "image" persay.

But it is ok for the Republican party to do it?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Better in a crate than on a plate!!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

The fact that is a flag for sale on his website for $35.....

All the manipulations of the flag are wrong, I don't defend any of them by the way.

store.barackobama.com...
edit on 21-9-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

The fact that is a flag for sale on his website for $35.....

Ah, just like any other flag I can buy. So it is not an American flag, it is an Obama campaign flag? So the title and the FOX News story and this thread are still a lie.

Good job.

All the manipulations of the flag are wrong, I don't defend any of them by the way.

store.barackobama.com...
edit on 21-9-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

You are mistaking manipulating the flag with using red white and blue to make a picture. It does not even look like an American flag...because it is not an American flag.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Hey however you need to justify to yourself...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

It isn't a flag, it's a map of the united states of America. If you think political art like this is not common in the elections, or just in general, you must not pay attention to your surroundings.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Hey however you need to justify to yourself...

Yeah somehow I knew you would be all out of BS by this point.
The story is a lie.
This thread is a lie.
FOX blatantly lied.
You used up your brain trying to prove their lie somehow worked out to be something similar to true.

Awesome!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
My ten year old granddaughters recent version of the American flag - Having the appearance of a shroud perhaps its an innocent sign of things to come from the hand of a child. "Out of the mouths of babes"

This flag is also portentous but in a far more deliberate and sinister way - also from the hand of a "child," albeit not so innocent.

edit on 21-9-2012 by de_Genova because: edit

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I, for one, am glad to see that they left my home state off of this atrocious thing!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
On one hand its nothing but a marketing tool.
but
On the other hand, he is in the seat of the Commander in Chief of the Entire United States.

Our Flag is Ole Glory, that is the Flags Name. It began as 13 stars in a revolution, and has had many more stars added as new territories have become American States.

It is Offensive that being in the position he attains at this moment that he would choose any flag but the True Flag of the Country. The Stars represent the states, and the Red Stripes represent all those who have fought and died for it and with it in battle.

These little cartoonish things coming out of the Obama Campaign are Not Cute. To me they eerily seem very much like other cute things that began in the old Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, and many Dictatorships. The Symbols, Flags and ultimately the Currency all change to represent the Person in Charge instead of the Pride and History of the Country.

And I would rather watch Fox News than any of the other so called National News Channels that do more to protect this president than to report true news events and truly show who he is and his what he is really currently doing.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Fox News is trying to explain a Rorschach inkblot?

Are you serious? Why do people outsource their brain to this network, or any other network for that matter is my question.

I just don't get it. This campaign decal or whatever you wish to call it isn't what bothers me. What people see in it does.

I definitely weep for a great section of America...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Maybe my granddaughter was anticipating this great shot of a beautiful flag be-draped American partiot

On second thought perhaps she's a better choice than Rush Limbaugh as a replacement for the illustrious Glen Beck.

edit on 21-9-2012 by de_Genova because: ERROR

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by de_Genova
Maybe my granddaughter was anticipating this great shot of a beautiful flag be-draped American partiot

On second thought perhaps she's a better choice than Rush Limbaugh as a replacement for the illustrious Glen Beck.

edit on 21-9-2012 by de_Genova because: ERROR

Personally, I find this kinda offensive. Not terrible, not going to make me sign petitions or froth at the mouth, but part of me cringes a bit nevertheless. I don't know if its the person that bothers me, or using the flag as a prop.

I guess I just think that the flag should be something sacred.....and sacramount. I don't know. Just my opinion, and based on this thread a rather unpopular opinion at that.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

I guess I just think that the flag should be something sacred.....and sacramount. I don't know. Just my opinion, and based on this thread a rather unpopular opinion at that.

I wouldn't necessarily call it an unpopular opinion, everybody is entitled to feel the way they do; and I imagine that the American flag does invoke a sense of patriotism in most people, me included. However, I don't find much sacred outside of my family and my morals. To me, the flag is just a piece of cloth, not a holy text or artifact. I suppose it comes down to the way we were conditioned in our formative years; some were conditioned to respect the flag, some were conditioned to respect other people, some were conditioned to respect absolutely nothing at all.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Pretty good overview of what the flag "may" mean..

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

A lie??

Right.

Go to BO's website and LOOK for yourself.

Your arguments are weak and backed up by fact, that's why I quit arguing with you.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I agree with you...I don't like what goes on with our flag.

It should be treated with honor and respect...that pic does make me cringe.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davolobos

I think it just proves that to him, our flag does not represent his views and he needs something else, that represents HIM.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

reply to post by davolobos

I think it just proves that to him, our flag does not represent his views and he needs something else, that represents HIM.

More like ? --->

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

As earlier stated I have no doubt whatsoever that the bloody inspiration for that 'blood smeared' flag came from here --->

The flag came about (was made public) at the very same time as the blood smeared wall.

AND - inasmuch as the origins of the flag, and the blood smeared wall are evil - then YES it is Satanic.

edit on 21-9-2012 by de_Genova because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join