It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaign Redesigns American Flag

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That is not a redesign of the American flag. I find this a perfectly acceptable campaign image, unlike the iconic HOPE posters from the last election, which were very disturbing to me.

The HOPE poster evokes an immediate comparison between Obama and similar posters from the early 20th century that show various leaders such as Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Guevara, etcetera. It's no mistake that they're referred to as iconic, because the idea was to get people to give up their religious icons and religion in general. The Russians started this type of calculated propaganda. Replace your religious icons with a prominent icon of your leader- take down your religious icon corners and put up a glorious leader icon corner. We'll replace religion for you- just venerate your leader instead. They had to manufacture a replacement for religion.

Most Americans consider themselves iconoclasts, yet they easily fell into being iconodules when it came to a mere man this last election. I remember seeing one woman four years back wearing an Obama bling necklace- and my belief that people held religious fervor for this man was only confirmed. I wear religious symbols- but it became obvious to me then that there are replacement symbols for religion out there.

For all of the on-line religion detractors I see that speak of how foolish they believe the religious to be- at least the religious believe in something greater than ourselves. Those among the detractors who fell for the Obama veneration really have no leg to stand on.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Yet those flags in design were not desecrated like Obama's.

Blood stained finger smears.

New Obama Flag Looks Eerily Like Blood-Stained Walls at Benghazi Consulate

Or it could represent a tattered, war torn flag that has stood the test of time. A symbol of resilience.

I suppose we all see what we want to see, huh?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Out of respect, a tattered flag is not to be flown.

So, in using an image of a tattered flag, Obama is showing utter disrepect for America.

Not everyone sees what is obscured in plain sight.

Those who are aware, do.

edit on 20-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Out of respect, a tattered flag is not to be flown.

So, in using an image of a tattered flag, Obama is showing utter disrepect for America.

Using the imagery of (what could be viewed as, but does not necessarily represent) a tattered flag in a campaign banner, which has not been flown anywhere, is disrespectful? Give me a break. Feign outrage much?

You know, on second thought, it looks more like a finger painting than anything else.

I suppose I will now receive another rebuttal in which you explain how Obama's campaign banner is somehow disrespectful to finger-painting kindergarteners.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

How dare those Authoritarian Kindergartners replace the stars with their hand as if to strike us, lol. I now see why people resort to their paranoia when deciphering these things, it's kind of fun.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

You know, on second thought, it looks more like a finger painting than anything else.

I suppose I will now receive another rebuttal in which you explain how Obama's campaign banner is somehow disrespectful to finger-painting kindergarteners.

No, I would then counter and say yeah, all of the intelligence of kindergarteners is fitting
for the Obama campaign, In fact, I would go as far to say that kindergarteners could have
done a better job the last four years

edit on 20-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

No, I would then counter and say yeah, all of the intelligence of kindergarteners is fitting
for the Obama campaign, In fact, I would go as far to say that kindergarteners could have
done a better job the last four years.

Touche!

Disingenuous, but funny.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's just another way to swindle money from the sheeple Democrats followers. And from the comments here it's working just as intended.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If you're interested, I found this page on different flag alterations in American history:

www.loeser.us...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild

Originally posted by redtic
Ugh, fox is so pathetic. Here, I'll let Jon Stewart rant for me...

www.businessinsider.com...

Yet you wont say a word about the other networks being in Obamas back pocket?

Shameful ..ignorant and in denial.

Comedy Central, Stewarts employer, is not a news organization.

Fox news is allegedly, NEWS, they should be guided by journalistic spirit
edit on 20-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by smyleegrl
What do you think, ATS?:

1 - That's pretty dang arrogant ... I'd expect nothing less from Obama.
2 - That's one flag I wouldn't mind burning.

I'm with you got a match?

Gotta love that freedom of speech and expression

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have one question....how well do they burn?!?

OH! I stacking some old newspapers out side and I had to go back into the house for a moment...when I went back out there was a paper with a photo of Obama on it and
Get This ....The dog S@#T on it !

edit on 20-9-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'm wondering how the states will be divided during our next civil war if he is re-elected?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just another outrageous lie from Fox "news".

Did Obama "redesign" the American Flag - implying he was replacing it with his own design? No. Absolutely not.

Did Obama create a flag-themed logo for his campaign? Yes - as do all campaigns.

Romney's logo is also flag-themed:

So let's hear the "fair and balanced" Faux News exclaim how Romney was "redesigning" the American Flag.

Fox has really sunk to new lows in this campaign.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If you think it's difficult to 'smear' Obama...OR Romney for that matter...

I really recommend you check out a site called, "Above Top Secret."

It has tons of information on it. Especially info about how corrupt our government is. I think you'll love it.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There's so many companies, people, etc. who recreate the american flag. To criticize Obama for doing so is beyond dumb, and if you are doing so you better start boycotting A LOT of companies. you can start with the NFL...or you can sleep easy knowing you're a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
what else would one expect from a 'revolutionary' thatsits in the Office of President ?

his 'change' is not what the ignorant masses that elected him thought the 'change' would entail ..TS !

better wipe that drool from those unenlightened faces .... youse that chose him had better learn to start praying 5X a day...kneeling to the East no less

Here's the Ø-flag & the blood smeared wall of the Embassy where Øbama deliberately failed to help the Ambassador, the 2 marines off duty, & the Embassy staff person

as a truly Patriotic American commander-in-chief would normally have done if the man truly wanted/respected the Constitution and Laws-of-the-Land to prevail onslaughts by blood-thirsty muslim radical-terrorists

..oops : www.thegatewaypundit.com...

edit on 20-9-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Buy them and burn them while you can I'm sure they will soon call you a terrorist if you do when he makes it the new flag.

I'm only half serious here folks. You should definitely burn them though

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
GOP Flags - Where was all the outrage then?

A bit hypocritical, don't you think?

edit on 9/20/2012 by TempleCat because: accidental extra image

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join