It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaign Redesigns American Flag

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
What do you think, ATS?:

1 - That's pretty dang arrogant ... I'd expect nothing less from Obama.
2 - That's one flag I wouldn't mind burning.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Let's compare, shall we - the "other" networks were right to jump all over the mother jones video - that was legitimate, big news. Now Fox, in their pathetic desperation, bring up a 14 year old video and try to equate the two - this thing about the flag is just more fuel on the fire that is the Romney campaign going up in flames...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
reply to post by smyleegrl

I thought I detected a bit of "information disconnect" there somewhere.

Maybe you should look into getting another father.

NO, NO. Just jesting.

Fighting words....

Surprisingly, my father (who's so conservative he squeaks) is starting to "clue in" to certain things we discuss on ATS. Whenever he sends me an email with the latest conspiracy angle, I just have to laugh....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Love John Stewart....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Okay brother!

Keep huffing that hope and change you were promised. Mark my words .. Come the debates .. Bama is finished.

Wishful thinking - I hope it becomes a crime to have promoted and supported such a disastrous president, that being Obama

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I would not be to worried. It appears to just be another way to raise campaign funds.

I would be worried if we started seeing Stalin-esk banners being drapped all over the place.

Whose to say we won't see Stalin banners hanging all over the place before long? If the man can come up with a Obamacare death plan to put the elderly in their graves quicker by denying them quality healthcare, and then force everyone else to purchase health insurance or pay a 300 dollar penalty a poor person couldn't afford to pay in the first place or they'd have that health insurance, i think seeing Stalin banners draped all over is right around the corner. We're seeing the birth of the United Dictatorship of Amerika.
edit on 20-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
reply to post by BritofTexas

And that's why the UK is in the drain..

The U.K. is having problems for the same reason the U.S.A. is. It's not getting much better there because they have a Conservative Government.

We Real American's Love the flag and our country. I live and breathe Red, White, and Blue.

Nothing wrong with that. But are you suggesting that an American who does not have a flag on their house, wear a flag T shirt, drink out of a flag coffee mug and have a flag bumper sticker on their car, is unpatriotic?

Wouldn't it be more patriotic to buy something made in the U.S.A. than cheap, Chinese made Americana?

As for Obama..

He is Black (or white .. whatever) ... but he is not African-American .. Stop. You know there are people in ACTUAL Africa .. born and raised that call them selves African American... Ignorant.

I am at a loss to find any relevance of the above statement to this thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I see it as the POWER of suggestion...subliminal messaging. Very creative!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Haha.
BS Mountain strikes again.
This is pretty poor

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The U.K. is having problems for the same reason the U.S.A. is. It's not getting much better there because they have a Conservative Government.

the US or UK?
anyways..

Wrong. Our government is hijacked by a liberal parasite. You see.. its a common misconception that we are a democracy. We are not, We are a REPUBLIC. I democracy is basically a mob rule (majority rules). And it's because we have a minority that believes they are the majority is why we are in such dire straits.

-No where in the constitution does it say anything about us being a democracy.
edit on 20-9-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Can anybody say ''North American Union''?

If they havent already I just did.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Can anybody say ''North American Union''?

If they havent already I just did.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I understand that the flag design is used in political art. Like the Obama "O' and the Romney "R" and I don't have a problem with them.

This one disturbs me, though. By replacing the field of stars with Obama's O, it makes it look like it's Obama's America. It is not. It is our United States of America.

And yes, I do fly a flag at my house. Always have, always will.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

O now I see! I was blind, you have shown me the light!

They really do try to get romney elected by ripping on obama, not by showing romneys virtues. It is quite sorry indeed!

Star for you sir!

I think Romney is at least as bad as Obama on most subjects, and even worse on many more.

I wont vote for either, as both are failures, I will be voting 3rd party as the 2 party system is broken beyond repair, and, only allows the choice between one piece of crap vs a piece of crap that has bread on both sides of it.

the election the last 2 terms has reminded me of the south park episode, where the kids have to either vote for douche bag or turd sandwich, when neither is an actual viable candidate.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Congratulations! Five posts and none on topic.

Why are you trying to derail smyleegrl's thread?

It is an interesting discussion on the legitimate uses of the nations flag.

But you go ahead and post illiterate nonsense.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Is this the new US flag? Is it now mandated that it replace the current stars and stripes?

To call this campaign banner a "redesign" of the American flag is beyond disingenuous.

At least Obama isn't holding exclusive campaign fundraisers on a yacht while flying the Cayman Island flag.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
My prediction is that soon the Obama campaign will release its response to this issue with the standard answer...

I see his hand in this nefarious scheme!

Damn you GW...damn you!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
When is Obama going to take all the 1% money to fund the new Apollo program in an attempt to change the flags on the moon to this new one?

When are all the public schools being forced to use this new flag?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
but he is not African-American ..

Relevance? But since you brought it up...

African American: ...citizens or residents of the United States who have total or significant partial ancestry from any of the native populations of Sub-Saharan Africa.
Source

What do you call someone whose father is African and whose mother is American? If ANYONE is African/American is it Obama!

Regarding the subject of the thread, how many politicians have used stars and stripes in their campaign logos? Where is the outrage around that? ONLY Obama gets attacked for this. Hmmm... I remember in 2008, when Obama was accused of changing the presidential seal.
People called him "arrogant" then, too.

Examples:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
When fascism comes to America, it will not be brown and black shirts. It will not be jack boots. It will be Nike sneakers and smiley shirts. Smiley smiley...

-George Carlin

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join