It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaign Redesigns American Flag

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

FoxNews is reporting that the Obama Campaign has "redesigned" the American Flag.

According to the article,

The Obama campaign is now selling copies of an American flag painting that replaces the 50 stars in a blue field with the president’s campaign logo. “Our Stripes: Flag Print” is being promoted on the Obama campaign website. The screen print is designed by Ross Bruggink and Dan Olson.

The limited-edition print costs $35.

President Obama’s version of the American flag.Another painting resembled an outline of the continental US. The “Our Stripes: Country Print” was designed to look like an American flag, too. Like the other painting, the stars representing the 50 states were removed and replaced with Obama’s campaign logo.

Personally, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I understand its a campaign tool, but it seems so conceited to me.

I don't think this is a huge conspiracy, or maybe it is. What do you think, ATS?:

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Originally posted by smyleegrl
What do you think, ATS?:

1. I think the political right is terribly desperate to smear Obama because... it's all they've got.
2. I think I need to find out how to get a few of these flags!

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

This is cute.

It is clearly a campaign decal and nothing more. I don't see how anyone could be so ....

Oh ! Wait !

FOX , I guess that expains a lot.

Somebody needs to find another "news" station to watch.

edit on 20-9-2012 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Interesting.. Probably one of his steps toward dictatorship.
Politics are getting crazy

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I would not be to worried. It appears to just be another way to raise campaign funds.

I would be worried if we started seeing Stalin-esk banners being drapped all over the place.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Has Barry been on the funky shisha?

Did some child get in a position of power, is this the Simpsons?

When the world is about to explode, WAIT!! I've got a poster!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It's a campaign tool. A variation on the stars and stripes or red, white and blue that every party uses.

This time next year, no matter who wins the election, it will look outdated. Just like the McCain,Palin bumper stickers you still sometimes see today.

Or this one.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Thanks for all the light-hearted answers, ATS! I'm laughing pretty hard right now, which is always appreciated!

Yes, I agree this is petty....but I can't forget how my father views this. He's a Vietnam vet and VERY protective of the flag, he breaks out in hives if someone accidently drops a flag on the ground. He's pretty angry about this "redesigning" of the flag, and yes, he's very conservative. I believe he thinks Obama is the AntiChrist.

I voted for Obama in the last election; I wanted to believe in his "change" and I wanted to see an African American in the Oval Office.

This election, I don't know. I don't agree with some of Obama's policies, but Romney? Meh....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton

This is cute.

It is clearly a campaign decal and nothing more. I don't see how anyone could be so ....

Oh ! Wait !

FOX , I guess that expains a lot.

Somebody needs to find another "news" station to watch.

edit on 20-9-2012 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

Don't watch the news, my friend. I get ALL my info from ATS. :

This link was sent to me by my father, I wanted to know what my paranoid friends thought....hencde this post.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

what do, you mean thats all they have got? The man is a worthless piece of fecal matter. I would not piss on him to put him out, if he was on fire. He is worse than bush in his human rights violations, and more ineffective tham carter in both domestic and foreign policy.

I could honesty sit here and max out the character count on this post by typing nothing more than the names of people he has murdered with drone attacks.

The reason why under obama the "collateral damage" meaning those killed on accident, while trying to kill a "terrorist", has gone down is simple. They count every person who gets killed around the target as a terrorist, thus they were all terrorists, so only terrorists were killed.

This man is a monster, and needs to be treated as such.

OP not sure what your getting at here, but many others have done similar things, i dont see the problem, it is simply a campaign sign.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think he's using the symbology to emote much in the same way the Soviets used the hammer and sickle, Italy used the fasces, Hitler used the swastika, Spanish used the falange,

This is just Obama's happy smiley version.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
what do, you mean thats all they have got?

Smearing Obama is all they've got.
They have NOTHING to say about Romney to make people want to vote for him. Just ragging on Obama... Case in point:

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
The man is a worthless piece of fecal matter.
This man is a monster, and needs to be treated as such.

Thank you for illustrating perfectly my point.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Originally posted by BritofTexas
Or this one.

Hey! That will never go out of style! It's a classic!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Lol more lips service from BH. Come on .. Romney will defeat Obama easily come the debates..

Man you are so very biased. Guess that's what happens when your paid and take orders form the DNC. ATS needs a little less propaganda and ignorance and a little more smarts.

And for the records... smearing is all "they got" - Obama campaign.

They wouldn't dare run on the truth of his record... actually ... what record?

edit on 20-9-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I think the problem, is that the flag is over used.

Down every residential street at least half the houses are flying it. From car showrooms to MacDonald s it's flown. T shirts, Baseball caps, coffee mugs, where ever you turn the flag is there.

It dilutes it's impact and I think that takes away a lot of it's power.

Just this past Patriots Day I was saying this to my wife, a lot of people were flying a lot of flags, but they do that everyday so it didn't look any different.

I'm from the U.K. and we only tend to fly the flag en masse for special occasions, Queens Birthday, national football games etc. So it keeps it's impact.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by BritofTexas
Or this one.

Hey! That will never go out of style! It's a classic!

It is a classic and I intend to get full use out of it until November.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

And that's why the UK is in the drain..

We Real American's Love the flag and our country. I live and breathe Red, White, and Blue. As for Obama..

He is Black (or white .. whatever) ... but he is not African-American .. Stop. You know there are people in ACTUAL Africa .. born and raised that call them selves African American... Ignorant.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I thought I detected a bit of "information disconnect" there somewhere.

Maybe you should look into getting another father.

NO, NO. Just jesting.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ugh, fox is so pathetic. Here, I'll let Jon Stewart rant for me...

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
Ugh, fox is so pathetic. Here, I'll let Jon Stewart rant for me...

www.businessinsider.com...

Yet you wont say a word about the other networks being in Obamas back pocket?

Shameful ..ignorant and in denial.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join