It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of the Disappearing Bees: Solved! (What the hell are we doing?)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I didn't see any either, save for a few giant bumble bees, which aren't native to the UK.

butterflies and bumble bees more endangered than tigers

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
This is something that is close to my heart. I can't express enough that if we can't take care of the bees, we can't take care of anything. Please people, realy think about it. This small issue is huge.

I agree that this is a big problem, perhaps this huge issue is huge would be more appropriate in these circumstances.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sorry I'm late to this thread, I am an apiarist. (A beekeeper.)

Life had me busy, I've read the thread, and have commented on all the recent honeybee threads. I presented a theory in several other threads that state the reasons for CCD, and I'm so glad to see my own theory verified.

Here's the nubbin of the situation:

Imports from China and other foreign countries has reduced the feasibility for American honey producers to maintain their hives, simply for the aspect of making honey to sell. It used to be an American product, but the Chinese can import their honey cheaper than we can.

In repsonse, honey farms started shipping hives to pollinate seasonal crops. The California Almond crop is early spring, then the Florida Peach season during the summer, then the bees are shipped back to the owners.

The bees pollinate local crops, are hived back up, and shipped to a new location. The pesticides in the pollen from any location are transferred to the new location. When the bees come back home, they have a plethora of new pesticidal contaminates.

CCD ensues.

Crop pollination is a widely needed and necessary activity. Bee farmers in the USA rely upon it. They supply bees to pollinate crops all over the USA, and in return, crops get pollinated and the farmers have a good harvest.

Farmers used to raise their own bees, but now Farmers can't afford to. Its the same as Bee Farmers not being able to make a living simply producing honey for sale. A bee company has to lease their bees to pollinate crops.

Pesticides, of all the different varieties, are what causes CCD. Bee farmers spread the pesticides, so shame on them, but we must pollinate crops.

I'll levy a distinct dislike for genetically modified grain, and pesticides.

You CANNOT mess with one aspect of nature, and not see repercussions in some other aspect. Nature is all linked together.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Okay, the best I can do is only buy local Honey. Lucky for me is there's orange groves all around.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

Off Topic!!
LoL
It only looks like a bloody hoedown because the animation was to short. It's the Warriors gathering before almighty clash ov SNOWBALL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join