It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of the Disappearing Bees: Solved! (What the hell are we doing?)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by lonegurkha
I read a story year before last that was about a german scientist who discovered that these chemicals were causing the hive collapse. He reported his findings to the german government and they immediately shut Bayers production down and banned this chemical in germany.

Bayer lied about this chemical. Used to coat seeds and keep insects out of storage areas, bayer said that the chemical would wash away and not be taken up by the plants.

Turns out that bayer lied and the plants absorb it and transport it to the pollen and flower nectar. Which is used by the bees for food. This poisions the hive and kills it.

Trouble is that Bayer is still producing it worldwide. In any country that lets them. Think that we need to make a change.

edit on 9/20/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

Not surprising everyone knows they sold gas to the Nazis for the gassing people, they sold Heroin as cough syrup and so many other crimes.

"The Bayer executive Fritz ter Meer, sentenced to seven years in prison by the Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal, was made head of the supervisory board of Bayer in 1956, after his release.[4]"
en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah, but that isn't about the bees. If we don't concentrate on the bees, we dis ourselves. It's a fact.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by lonegurkha
I read a story year before last that was about a german scientist who discovered that these chemicals were causing the hive collapse. He reported his findings to the german government and they immediately shut Bayers production down and banned this chemical in germany.

Bayer lied about this chemical. Used to coat seeds and keep insects out of storage areas, bayer said that the chemical would wash away and not be taken up by the plants.

Turns out that bayer lied and the plants absorb it and transport it to the pollen and flower nectar. Which is used by the bees for food. This poisions the hive and kills it.

Trouble is that Bayer is still producing it worldwide. In any country that lets them. Think that we need to make a change.

edit on 9/20/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

Not surprising everyone knows they sold gas to the Nazis for the gassing people, they sold Heroin as cough syrup and so many other crimes.

"The Bayer executive Fritz ter Meer, sentenced to seven years in prison by the Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal, was made head of the supervisory board of Bayer in 1956, after his release.[4]"
en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah, but that isn't about the bees. If we don't concentrate on the bees, we dis ourselves. It's a fact.

I think the fact that when we find products are sold by people who do not give a dang for us the planet or the creatures we end up with it being about the bees!

I know my husband buys Bayer products and i am sure most do. we need to stop with the Roundup and the sprays that remain in the environment and in us.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I ain't buying it. Suddenly within the last week we have Monsanto linked to rat tumors and colony collapse disorder. The Teflon Don of chemical voodoo, untouchable since the days of Agent Orange, is now in season?
Tell them to quit worrying about rats and figure out why birds, dolphins, fish and other animals are dying by the tens of thousands. This all looks too much like a smoke screen.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Trublbrwing because: typo

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
WHOA,,, I log out out for a little while and go try to get some work done, log back on and,,, just wow ! OK I have seen what Mikkelson and his Ol'Lady said, and I have seen where Jeff Pettis said " There would be food left for humans because SOME food is WIND POLLINATED ! " Not my kinda odds really. But, I'm so sure Einstein had a scribe with him every minute of every day to " jot down the important stuff ",,, OoooKkaaaayyyy

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Some people want it so that we are totally dependant on them for everything from the food we eat to the medicine we have to take because we eat the food. This is all structured and easy to see, pharmacutical companies owning companies that make chemicals for food and GM products. This action is a Monopoly on the industry from the food production to the drugs to treat the effects of changing food. Now they want the Bees so we can't live without these companies. Talk about a dictatorship that has the blessing of our government. Just donate to the political funds. This whole thing has to be investigated by someone who can't be bought off. Does anyone exist anymore with those qualities? If stockholders can't control their companies than let them lose their money. New rule, buy stock at your own risk.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Along with not wanting to feed my family all that crap, this is one of the main reasons I don't use any sort of bug killers on my garden, flowers or fruit tree. I read labels very carefully, to make sure it's an all natural Repellent, not something that will kill. When it first came out about the decline in population, we started planting more flowers for bee food. We even got more Humming birds to come around.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yea. I don't put very much stock in stock. The "dependency factor" is out of control. When seed companies sell seeds that are "single generation" there is an agenda. and cause for worry,,,

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Hey Kali... I was wondering if any of your research uncovered this. Its my own opinion based on observation. My complex has two swimming pools and they have those little siphon traps on the sides of the pool? All the leaves and stuff floating on the surface go in there and are trapped. You lift the lid and scoop out the junk. Each pool has several around the edge.

I have noticed that a lot of honey bees wind up in there too. One day I opened one up and there must have been 20 or 30 dead bees floating in there. Multiply that by how many pools there are in an urban sprawl setting...

The other day I was at my brothers house and he was skimming the pool for stuff and we both watched bee after bee buzz down and land in the water. I was only there an hour but I saw about ten splash down. They buzz around until they drown. On a hot day they are thirsty and modern pools have replaced what used to pass for brooks and steams where they could safely alight and drink from the mud or wet sand along a riverbank.

When I thought about it, I realized that there is no safe place to land in a pool. The rim is a cliff to them and the water sparkles so enticingly. They buzz down looking for a drink and get trapped.

Maybe if pool owners provided a wet spot for bees the toll would be less. Maybe part of the reson bees are quote "disappearing" unquote is because of the pool filters they disappear into. Maybe that reason is down played because the pool industry is huge and doesn't want to address it. Dunno...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Honey is shown to have a long history of uses throughout the ages. No bees- no honey. Possible conspiracy within itself ( just kidding. Or am I) Maybe we will also start seeing a shortage of gold to... oh wait...

Mellified Man
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-9-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

Honey also reminds me of Ambrosia. The nectar of life described in the bible and other various writings.
www.ambrosiasociety.org...

There's so much we might not know yet in this world methinks.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Go for a rip down your local highway, maybe to the next bigger city cause the shopping is better. See a show or visit the zoo, or better yet take your house on wheels (trailer,fifth-wheel,motorhome) and get out into the great outdoors, whilst taking all the comforts of home with you. Have fun while you are doing it. When you get home count all the bugs on your windshield and grill. Multiply by millions and millions... everyday!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by unb3k44n7
Honey is shown to have a long history of uses throughout the ages. No bees- no honey. Possible conspiracy within itself ( just kidding. Or am I) Maybe we will also see gold start to disappear soon too... oh wait...
Mellified Man
en.wikipedia.org...

I used to make homemade mead years ago. But for the last several years, I can't afford the honey to make it. Just way too expensive.

I've not seen a lot of bees this year either, and a lot of the wild fruit crops around here hardly produced at all.

Now butterflies? I saw posts about hardly seeing any. That's because they're all here on my land! Lots of butterflies.

However I also noticed a decline in the amount of wasps and yellow jackets too (which is fine with me since they get in everywhere here, and my wife is allergic to the brown wasps).

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ask a gardener we've been blaming bayer for years

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Kali74

not to mention bees are feed a corn syrup mix which im sure contains the same pesticide as u mention.

This would be the corn syrup made form Genetically Modified corn? The stuff that is causing tumours in rats etc...?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1

I've avoided killing them because.. well.. I thought there was a shortage as well. Thing is, I am being totally overrun by them this year. I hope next year will see their return but I have to say that if I do, there is gonna be some skirmishes with cans of raid or something.

LOL. Instead of using raid, don't you have someone that relocates bee hives without harming the bees? We had a bee "problem' at the back end of our yard, the neighbour was going to poison them, so we called the "exterminator" - he just smoked them and then moved the hive - live bees and all - to a honey farm.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
I ain't buying it. Suddenly within the last week we have Monsanto linked to rat tumors and colony collapse disorder. The Teflon Don of chemical voodoo, untouchable since the days of Agent Orange, is now in season?
Tell them to quit worrying about rats and figure out why birds, dolphins, fish and other animals are dying by the tens of thousands. This all looks too much like a smoke screen.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Trublbrwing because: typo

Pesticides and GMO products in general and Monsanto specifically have been linked to colony collapse and diseases for the past year or more. I think it is just a fluke that 2 "new" articles came out at the same time.
I also think whatever they dumped in the Gulf of Mexico is also adding to the problem - there is a cause for your dolphin and fish deaths - and you don't need a PhD to figure that one out.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

CCD is almost non-existant in australia, thanks in part to many of these chemicals already being heavily controled in most states and actually banned in others.

Add to this that Australian "native", bees are ammune to CCD. We will be sitting petty with natural "organic" bees , once everyone elses bees are replaced with franken-bees.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
This is something that is close to my heart. I can't express enough that if we can't take care of the bees, we can't take care of anything. Please people, realy think about it. This small issue is huge.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Thanks everyone for adding to the discussion and I especially appreciate those of you who are passionate about this. We can't afford to shrug our shoulders on this one, it is huge... aside from nuclear holocaust this is the biggest man-made threat to all life on earth. People en-masse need to wake up and realize how bad companies like Monsanto and Bayer have been, literally they have committed crimes against humanity and nature. That is not being overly dramatic, we are in serious trouble because we have allowed this to happen.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

While I think this is definitely a major factor I still believe it is a combination of this and commercial beekeeping practices that have reached a critical mass and stress the bees beyond their amazing ability to adapt to almost anything.

Being a fairly new natural beekeeper I have a new found appreciation for these amazing creatures and their amazing ability to adapt and over come just about anything that makes it really sad that we have allowed them to be threatened like this.. We definitely need to outlaw these pesticides. But cannot forget the other factors.

Maybe the way to fight this is to get them on the endangered species list instead of fighting big companies like Bayer and Monsanto thus making it illegal to use pesticides that will kill them?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skycowboy
Albert Einstein said when the bees disappear that man will follow 4 years later. Some sites on the net discuss the bees starting to really disappear 4 years ago. Kinda fits in with other scenarios for this year.

Tell that to my garden that has happy little bees. Man would not disappear...

And that is a misquote.

www.snopes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join