It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were in this scenario, what would you do???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

Originally posted by r2d246
Not that easy unfortunately. You might be able to turn it on for a short time, but with no deseal, no supplies, no coal being brought in then it would go down again in no time.

In the real world, why would diesel be unavailable? The only way diesel would be unavailable is if there was an impassable physical obstruction between you and the refineries. Refineries are almost always fully integrated and do not rely on outside power, like a lot of large steel plants. As long as there are pipes connecting the refineries to the wells, there will be fuel. As long as there is trucks and trains to haul it, then they will have fuel.

But that’s all irrelevant in the movie anyway. According to them, it’s impossible to generate electricity in the first place.

And after watching part of it, I am finding it more insulting than anything else. Even if electricity no long existed, there is many other possibilities. There is no reason natural gas should no long be available. There is no reason refrigeration should no longer be available. Everyone knows about an ammonia cycle refrigerator that will run off a simple flame type heat source.

Large scale steel mills existed a long time before electricity did.

The biggest stick in the movie’s eye is steam engines. When I search I found thousands of people asking “Where in the heck is all the steam engines???”

As I have seen other people asking all over the net… Let me get this right, in 15 years we haven’t been able to remaster the art of steam? In 15 years, we haven’t relearned how to machine things without the help of electricity?

This movie is just completely insulting to our intelligence.
In real world if a magical event like that happened., we would have steam shovels, steam tractors, gas fired refrigeration. Water turbine powered factories located around large dams that use hydraulic power delivery systems to operate machining equipment. Steam powered factories. Steel blast furnaces will almost remain unaffected because most of them use steam operated blower engines.

And as for cars, and trains? …..
I will post a few movies that will shows us what type of cars and trains we have had, and would have again without internal combustion engines, and electricity.
I think these videos will get the point across as to show how stupid the movie is.

Jay and his steam car.

Jay showing you another one of his steam cars.

The big brother to the steam car really takes the movie as a personal insult,

so I will let him speak for himself.

As far as I am concerned, the movie can stick it where the sun doesn’t shine.
Good day.

As far as a lot of scenarios go, your right, I think many things would quickly come back online. An emp would have an impact lasting maybe a few years tops. What I think might be more catastrophic would be something like a pandemic or new clear war. What I heard is that at the Bilderburg meetings that also discuss the ideas of when and how they would pull the plug on the majority of people. My guess is that would include a combination of catastrophic events released on people simultaineously to cause the most uphevil possible. So returning to some kind of normality would take a lot longer as well as provide the population reduction they're targeting for.

edit on 22-9-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join