It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Jihad Adverts To Run In New York Subway

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
There's a difference between free speech and spreading false info.

It's the same thing when yelling fire.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
Would you consider Mossad to be run by civilised people? WTF is going on, People just want to provoke Muslims anyway they can.
I understand how sensitive their culture is, so why keep pushing the envelope. Wouldn't it be better to let the dust settle and let rational minds sort it out, instead people are pouring more fuel on the fire.
It seems to me that the issue is being incited for a purpose, it doesn't bode well for world peace I am sure.

Exactly. It's all about respect! You don't have to agree, but respect another's freedom of choice!!! And let others take care of their own problems. Who made us the world police and who made us God over what's right and what's wrong!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The way I see it is they are either with us or against us.... you can't have it both ways!!

Freedom or Oppression.

They choose!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This is ridiculous. Not surprised she is Pro-Israel. How would the public react if one were to post adverts that said "In any war between Zionists and the innocent, support the innocent. Support Palestine. Defeat globalisation and illegal land occupancy."

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

How ignorant are you? Yes, having opinions about other religions is one thing, but blatantly posting ADVERTISEMENTS over a densely populated city is another. OF COURSE THIS WILL PROVOKE people of all religions and backgrounds! Do you think that moronic bitch gives a # about free speech? She could be in cahoots with the PTB for all we know. They've tried provoking with that pathetic attempt of "film" (which has obvious signs of voice dubbing) and now they're bringing the propaganda closer to American soil. I live in Australia, but so what? We're basically following in the footsteps of a once great nation, and I'd expect that same stunt to be pulled here.

I'm sick and tired of the racial and religious animosity that most people have hidden beneath their everyday persona. "Simon says" Terrorist/Muslim/Arab/Islam and you reach for your guns. Grow up. Understand before you speak.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
What the hell is wrong with all of you? I can't believe the comments I'm reading here... You are all so full of fear and intimidation it's disgusting.

"Oh no! What are they doing!? This will offend the muslims!"
"Oh my god! Are they trying to start WW3!?"

It's repulsive this is. Please don't tell me you all would rather see "free speech" go down the toilet in order to not offend the muslims.

what a horrible human being.....how is THIS free speech,,,,THE SAME FRIGGIN COUNTRY THATS MADE IT ILLEGAL TO BE ANTI-SEMETIC is endorsing this advert.

hypocrtitical is an understatement......

and its not about "offending muslims"...this is about alienating a minority.

so are you telling me you agree with that statement?..are isreal fighting a jihad themselves??

wrong, wrong, wrong, offensive and wrong

i dont understand how they put themselves on a pedestal...it funny because history has shown that they could well be the most savage people on earth.....consuming humanities mercy, and producing hate and fear.

irritating, inflammetry etc etc

peace
edit on 25-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH WHEN THERE IS AN OBVIOUS AGENDA FOR WAR

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH IF YOUR INCITING HATE

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH IF YOUR ALIENATING A MINORITY

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH IF THERE IS AN AGENDA TO GAIN PUBLIC SUPPORT

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH...IF YOU HAD TO PAY FOR IT (lol)

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH IF IT IS FABRICATED LIES

HOW IS IT FREE SPEECH IF YOU INTEND FOR BLOOD TO BE SPILT

ETC ETC ETC
if i could quote sheldon from BBT...its a festival of clawing cliches!

the audacity.....its an obvious attempt to recruit america and their army to fight isreals war for them...the only positive remark i can say...at least theyr not doing another false flag !! lol
edit on 25-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
ladies and gentlemen, this is pretty clearly not simply an issue of freedom of speech. there are two general base reasons as to why this is:

1. the ad was bought, paid for, and has been allowed to publically circulate. who's "freedom of speech" is this? when there are hundreds and maybe even thousands of people involved in this decision, it's hard to really see who's rights we're defending, and which side of the conversation we're on. our freedom of speech is a public right, protecting us from being labeled as criminals for saying what we want to say. i'd like to ask, if this "advertisement" is really a hallmark example of freedom of speech, then can we say the same things about all kinds of outright propaganda and accept them? would we all agree to maximize this advertisement company to their full potential so they could write similar things about different countries all over the world and get away with it? the gray line here is pretty huge, but i hope we can all agree that at the very least, some of us here are using our inalienable rights to defend outright propaganda.

2. the MTA is a public and private corporation. they don't have to converse with their public about certain matters if they don't want to. there was a pretty huge outcry for this ad NOT to run here in new york, but guess what? the mta is a partly private company, so if they decide they want to start putting up these ads, they will. they have very loudly and clearly heard all of their surrounding public's reasons for not running such a disgusting, biased ad. i mean it's literally hate talk that's paid for. this privatized corporation does not have to listen to its public, and is acting like it would much rather listen to whoever throws large sums of money at it. this is, of course, not unusual.

i mean really, what did they think was going to happen if they ran it? people would just all of a sudden start giving blind support to netanyahu and concede to the assumption that jihad is ultimately and intimately tied to being a muslim? i can't scoff loudly enough at this notion.

also shame on some of you here who are buying into this inadvertently by saying negative things about either israelis, muslims, or their respective nations. we are all the same people, and it's moments like this that make me wonder how easily we can be swayed by a few sponsored words to isolate ourselves between each other. how are any of you seriously defending this ad?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 21-9-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join