It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Jihad Adverts To Run In New York Subway

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I totally understand my friend but as I mentioned, my concern is the increase in pain and suffering until we have our rights back. There are means and ways of doing this, IMHO that doesn't include sticking posters in area's that could become killing grounds (UK 7/7 for instance)
edit on 20-9-2012 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

You cant educate spoiled child with giving him more lolipops and ignore him, you must slap his face to wake up.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

haha as long as it looks like an accident (does this come under a parental falseflag lmao)

edit on 20-9-2012 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
xavi and star traveller.....

thanks for derailing the thread and causing it to look #!!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

Originally posted by Jepic
Please don't tell me you all would rather see "free speech" go down the toilet in order to not offend the muslims.

I most certainly wouldn't - but - support Israel???
Someone was smoking pot while writing that thing, it's a #ty advert, i'd say sack the dude.

sorry but no one smoking pot would come up with something as offensive as this since most potheads are harmless couch potatoes right?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Anti-Jihad Adverts To Run In New York Subway

news.sky.com

The head of a group that has won its fight to run controversial adverts in New York subway stations referring to some Muslims as "savage" has told Sky News that she will fight "to the death" for the right to offend people.

Pamela Geller runs the American Freedom Defence Initiative (AFDI), which has taken out ads that read: "In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat Jihad."

The posters are due to appear in 10 New York City subway stations next week.

They were initially rejected by the New York City Metropolitan Trans
(visit the link for the full news article)

Pamela Geller is my new Hero !

Except I wont support Israel. LOL.. seems the little miss has her own agenda. Still I agree with her to a point. if the "savage" is a terrorist that has shown they will kill for hate and threaten to keep doing it, then a pre-emptive strike against them is warranted before they kill again.

Same goes for these Muslim Extremists. Trouble is, how do you tell them apart? This is the first time we are faced with having to possibly combat a religious belief, not a clear cut enemy. When we fought the Germans, we knew who the Germans were. When we fought the English we knew who they were. They were distinguished by nationality. How do you fight Islam when there are no national boundaries and you cant tell the extremists from the non extremists ?

I have heard silly people tell me, " Don't worry, they will do it like they do it now, with CIA Intelligence and other alphabet letters gathering info on the " bad guys" I tell you that's Not going to work with this.

Why was Hitler a threat? Because he showed if not stopped, he would try to take over the world and remake it in his image. People don't seem to get this is exactly what the Extremist Muslims are trying to do and they have stealth and deceit on their side hiding in the numbers of millions of good Muslims. Now you have a million Hitlers we have to deal with hidden in plain sight.

I call for the Good Muslims of the world to turn them over because If you don't, when the war starts you will get caught in the middle. We don't want that, You don't want that but these people Have to be stopped. It's coming. you know it is. It astounds me most people don't seem to have a clue how serious this situation is. may ( your name for god Here) help us all.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by christoph

Originally posted by Exitt

Please don't tell me you all would rather see "free speech" go down the toilet in order to not offend the muslims.

I most certainly wouldn't - but - support Israel???
Someone was smoking pot while writing that thing, it's a #ty advert, i'd say sack the dude.

sorry but no one smoking pot would come up with something as offensive as this since most potheads are harmless couch potatoes right?

Yeah, it would be more like : "In any war between the civilized man and the savage, don't support anything man, it's way too tiresome. Support cookies and apple juice. Defeat something. Could someone bring pizzas to 145 Hilsborough St. NY plz ? I'm hungry man."

Most peaceful hatespeech ever.
edit on 20-9-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

it's okay let them post up their hate crap
also make public pams full address phone#, email and those of the members of her org., and their financial backers.

that way no innocents get hurt

and pam and her fellow travelers will have every opportunity possible to stand up for her rights ,

and fight to the death for them

simples

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Please explain how this is about free speech? I am not from New York. Perhaps the NYC buses/subways offer advertising space for free?
edit on 20-9-2012 by ABNARTY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by ABNARTY

I think these ads have come out because of the recent unrest about the video and cartoons, I dont think they were in mind until now unless the three were to come out like this in order but I doubt it, I genuinely believe its an ad for the publics awareness of possible Jihadists!!!

I don't know... I could be wrong.

Its also about 'free speech'

I'm going to wait to see if this causes any unrest on the streets of NYC in the weeks ahead!

edit on 20-9-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

The ads were planned well before the recent unrest. It's in your news story,:

But in July a Manhattan court judge ruled this was a violation of the first amendment rights of the AFDI and they should be allowed to run.

Initially refused by the NYC MTA, so she had to take them to court and the court ruled this past July.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

also make public pams full address phone#, email and those of the members of her org., and their financial backers.

Why don't you start by giving a good example and proving your own information?

Since when violating people's privacy - no matter what they are saying - is justified? Would you like that someone would that to you and your family?

It's a freaking ad, against a concept they believe in. People might agree or disagree, but hey, welcome to democracy! As long as they don't abuse their freedom of expression, they are entitled to saying what they want.

Why don't people put their money where their mouth is and actually spend some time - and neurons - making a counter-argument video?

Seriously, I'm tired of all the keyboard vigilantes.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
They seem to be intent on starting a rebellion here for some reason. I believe in free speech, but this is propaganda and agenda and does not belong in subways or transport systems, or as advertisement anywhere.

Someone making a video, and having it on certain sites is far different. A person can choose to view it.

This isn't choice. This is forcefully being assaulted by messages.

If anything, the only kind of messages I would want in public are those that encourage people to not trust the media, to research all issues for themselves, to Think, Question, and Not React to anything.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

You're right, i fluffed up on that one!!

I did see that when I read it the first time but for some reason when i responded to the post... I forgot!!

Nevermind.... no harm done.

So, I dont know..... maybe they were waiting for the Video to come out first....

Anyways i'll be checking out skynews daily for any incidents on the subway!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

How is it we done that?? One simple comment is all. Read my other post's and you will see it relevant for the thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

so it starts !

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Any of you guys feel like this guy? Quite right too

edit on 20-9-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Isn't that the truth. Geller is nothing but a racist ho. Even the Nazis and the Klan would say that is one racist B.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

What the hell is wrong with all of you? I can't believe the comments I'm reading here... You are all so full of fear and intimidation it's disgusting.

"Oh no! What are they doing!? This will offend the muslims!"
"Oh my god! Are they trying to start WW3!?"

It's repulsive this is. Please don't tell me you all would rather see "free speech" go down the toilet in order to not offend the muslims.

Those who have problems are painting all muslim's as "terrorists" the sign clearly says Jihad which means radicalization.
edit on 20-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

America is under threat from muslim who want to impose Sharia Law on us. Early this summer the governor of Kansas wrote an anti-sharia bill and shot that sharia movement down in Kansas, but places like Dearborne M.I. have already fallen under it's shadow. Under sharia law other faiths are oppressed, freedom of speech is also oppressed, while muslim can freely attack your beliefs without repercussion, you are powerless to fight back. Christians and jews would have to pay jizya poll tax just to exist, the rest of you folks would be eradicated from the face of the earth. Now i don't want that to happen, do you? We can't convert dead people to Christ, once you take that last death rattle that's it, so we resist it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join