Anti-Jihad Adverts To Run In New York Subway

page: 1
9
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Anti-Jihad Adverts To Run In New York Subway


news.sky.com

The head of a group that has won its fight to run controversial adverts in New York subway stations referring to some Muslims as "savage" has told Sky News that she will fight "to the death" for the right to offend people.

Pamela Geller runs the American Freedom Defence Initiative (AFDI), which has taken out ads that read: "In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat Jihad."

The posters are due to appear in 10 New York City subway stations next week.

They were initially rejected by the New York City Metropolitan Trans
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
So it seems trouble could be brewing in NYC soon if these ads get taken the wrong way.... reference to 'Muslims' as 'Savages' I doubt will go down well with the Radicals/Fanaticals over there... let alone if its taken out of context to mean 'All Muslims' as some may see it.

I'm not sure what to make of it except it will probably stoke a few fires so to speak and keep he outrage pouring out over the current events including the photos and the video!!

NYC ay? We know what happened there with the twin towers.... but since then there has been a Mosque built next to where this event took place!

On another note, what does that Mosque represent? Victory or Peace?

More from the linked story:

They were initially rejected by the New York City Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) because of the use of demeaning language.

But in July a Manhattan court judge ruled this was a violation of the first amendment rights of the AFDI and they should be allowed to run.

She believes that America is under threat from some Muslims who wish to impose Sharia law on the country, and her group has launched similar campaigns before.

The release of the adverts coincides with widespread anger in parts of the Middle East over an anti-Muslim film made in the US and released on the internet.


news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-9-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
 


honestly, i saw this on the local news last night, and could NOT believe what i was seeing. i swear there's something fishy about this, because the ad itself is outright propaganda. the distinction between "rational israel" and "savage jihad" is ABSURD! i mean.. who paid for this?! who would vote for such a thing to run in a public transportation system?

the crazy part is that there doesn't have to be anything wrong with the message - of course martyring yourself is a horrible thing and you definitely shouldn't do it. on top of that, of course we would all want to support living rationally. but what the hell does israel have to do with any of that in particular? i mean really, how do the manufacturers of this "ad" expect to really slip that baseless connection in there like that without anyone noticing? it's obviously a manipulative and confrontational statement.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
are they trying to start world war 3? What the hell do they think the "savages" are gonna do when they see this?

And israels run by the biggest savages on earth anyway



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is NAZI Germany all over again ! the propaganda war machine has been fired up and ready to feed the sheep.

Look at was has happened over the last few weeks with vids and cartoons.

Nothing is real unless you see it with your own eyes.



2 years and we will be at war.


+9 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What the hell is wrong with all of you? I can't believe the comments I'm reading here... You are all so full of fear and intimidation it's disgusting.

"Oh no! What are they doing!? This will offend the muslims!"
"Oh my god! Are they trying to start WW3!?"

It's repulsive this is. Please don't tell me you all would rather see "free speech" go down the toilet in order to not offend the muslims.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Please don't tell me you all would rather see "free speech" go down the toilet in order to not offend the muslims.


I most certainly wouldn't - but - support Israel???
Someone was smoking pot while writing that thing, it's a #ty advert, i'd say sack the dude.


+14 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
 


Jihad Schmeehad.
If anything, every media outlet on the planet needs to run competitions to see who can make the most insulting, crude, ridiculous and outrageously offensive cartoons and videos about Muhammad, Allah, anything and everything Islamic.

That whole culture needs to quit acting like spoiled intolerant little princess-and-the-pea brats and grow thicker skins to the point where they can tolerate criticism.

Hindus aren't going to freak out if you make fun of Krishna or draw offensive cartoons of Ganesh with a tiny little trunk.
The Buddhists didn't cry out for holy war when Islamic Extremists blew up 2 of the largest culturally important Buddah statues on the planet.
Christains might make a little nasty noise now and then, but, rarely are they getting stabby, rioty, explodey, or murderous in the name of religion any more.

Every media outlet on the planet needs to flood the airwaves, internet, newspapers, and everywhere there is a place to be posted, the most offensive and insulting cartoons, films, posters, and articles that they can lampoon Islam with until the Islamic culture learns to desensitize themselves to such affronts on their oh so fragile ability to tolerate anything not Islamic.

Islam needs to grow up, learn to play with others, and just deal with it like everyone else does when they hear of see something they don't like.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm not in the least offended by Ms. Gellar's ads. It isn't offensive toward the religion so in my eyes it's fair game.
I do think it will prove counter productive though, it makes the Palestinians (and let's face it, that's who she really means) to be the under-dogs, everybody feels sympathy for the smaller, weaker opponent in a fight and New Yorkers are no different, they'll see through this crap and make fun of it.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla
 


Not sure I agree with everything you say.... that will definately stoke a few fires or stew a few pots!!

But I do agree with your last sentence or two 1000%.

As for the ads using the word 'Israel' in them.... I think this itself will spark a few words of conflict both in the USA and in the ME!!



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
 


Jihad Schmeehad.
If anything, every media outlet on the planet needs to run competitions to see who can make the most insulting, crude, ridiculous and outrageously offensive cartoons and videos about Muhammad, Allah, anything and everything Islamic.

That whole culture needs to quit acting like spoiled intolerant little princess-and-the-pea brats and grow thicker skins to the point where they can tolerate criticism.

Hindus aren't going to freak out if you make fun of Krishna or draw offensive cartoons of Ganesh with a tiny little trunk.
The Buddhists didn't cry out for holy war when Islamic Extremists blew up 2 of the largest culturally important Buddah statues on the planet.
Christains might make a little nasty noise now and then, but, rarely are they getting stabby, rioty, explodey, or murderous in the name of religion any more.

Every media outlet on the planet needs to flood the airwaves, internet, newspapers, and everywhere there is a place to be posted, the most offensive and insulting cartoons, films, posters, and articles that they can lampoon Islam with until the Islamic culture learns to desensitize themselves to such affronts on their oh so fragile ability to tolerate anything not Islamic.

Islam needs to grow up, learn to play with others, and just deal with it like everyone else does when they hear of see something they don't like.





Holy GOD I just can't understand why you aren't the president or something!!!


/sarcasm



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
1. Free Speech: Isn't this advertising? Someone has to pay to put this on something else? Don't the folks who will have the advertising associated with them (NYTA) have a right to accept or decline? This is not a matter of free speech. It's a business transaction.

2. The language of the ad is overtly provocative...it's an add.

3. Has this group tried to run anything similar in the past? Even so, the timing is suspicious. Right on the heals of the video no one heard of until it was force fed, the cartoon in some French rag no one here heard of until it was force fed, now ad's on a NYC bus, no one outside of NYC would have seen until they were force fed.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm less offended by the "savage" part, and more offended by the rational man being Israel........ BLOWWWWWSSSS my mind where Israel became rational...

Funny that folks talk about Islam, (a conceptual system of spiritual living with no clergy, and no living leader) needing to grow up (because of the last parenthesis, you sound dumb when you say it), yet people don't call for Israel (an illegally growing piece of stolen land built atop graves and bulldozed homes, with an active living government, and leaders) to grow up...



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
1. Free Speech: Isn't this advertising? Someone has to pay to put this on something else? Don't the folks who will have the advertising associated with them (NYTA) have a right to accept or decline? This is not a matter of free speech. It's a business transaction.

2. The language of the ad is overtly provocative...it's an add.

3. Has this group tried to run anything similar in the past? Even so, the timing is suspicious. Right on the heals of the video no one heard of until it was force fed, the cartoon in some French rag no one here heard of until it was force fed, now ad's on a NYC bus, no one outside of NYC would have seen until they were force fed.


This is all incitement of the weak minded....



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
1. Free Speech: Isn't this advertising? Someone has to pay to put this on something else? Don't the folks who will have the advertising associated with them (NYTA) have a right to accept or decline? This is not a matter of free speech. It's a business transaction.

2. The language of the ad is overtly provocative...it's an add.

3. Has this group tried to run anything similar in the past? Even so, the timing is suspicious. Right on the heals of the video no one heard of until it was force fed, the cartoon in some French rag no one here heard of until it was force fed, now ad's on a NYC bus, no one outside of NYC would have seen until they were force fed.


I find Harold Camping ads more provocative last year ,but i didnt storming and murder anything or anyone.
edit on 20-9-2012 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Oh Dear, Safe to say that the world is trying to piss the rest of the world off right now. Why are people hell bent on winding certain factions up and creating Merry Hell on Earth.


Shhhheeesshhhh



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
Oh Dear, Safe to say that the world is trying to piss the rest of the world off right now. Why are people hell bent on winding certain factions up and creating Merry Hell on Earth.


Shhhheeesshhhh


Are you scared ? If you are, then islamist radicals won tiny little battle between you and them .
edit on 20-9-2012 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000
 


My only fear is that innocent people are going to get hurt my friend, faced the full force of pissed of Islam/Muslim in the past. Safe to say that all I felt back then was recoil



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
reply to post by xavi1000
 


My only fear is that innocent people are going to get hurt my friend, faced the full force of pissed of Islam/Muslim in the past. Safe to say that all I felt back then was recoil

Inocent people are already hurt and this will not stop if we are ignoring the problem, we must stand up for our rights .



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY
 


I think these ads have come out because of the recent unrest about the video and cartoons, I dont think they were in mind until now unless the three were to come out like this in order but I doubt it, I genuinely believe its an ad for the publics awareness of possible Jihadists!!!

I don't know... I could be wrong.

Its also about 'free speech'

I'm going to wait to see if this causes any unrest on the streets of NYC in the weeks ahead!

edit on 20-9-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-9-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)



top topics
 
9
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join