It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God does change His mind..or just upgrading rules from time to time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The old testament and the new testament are both inspired by God. But why did He not do it right the first time? Can God not predict the future or does He not understand His creation that well..?

One of the most important revisions He made is to turn your other cheek and forgive instead of having the right to smash out the teeth of the person that kicked out yours.

What is that all about..? Why did He not tell us in the old testament what the proper way is to behave and keep the peace? Is the answer simple to explain with "God is like us" and therefore tweaks and make things up as He goes along?

I mean...in times like these it is important to rely and hold on to His promises. If God is not able to know what is coming and is good for us it is easy to lose hope and faith when you see the world is going down the drain.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
it is not God who changes his mind, it's the people who wrote the old testament and the church who rewrote it into new testament...

there is and newer will be any single person on earth who talks to god !
wake up! it's man made wish and nothing else

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Ok...Now, did God come down and write these or did a person write the new testiment? God didn't even write the bible. Man did. Same applies for all this new b/s thats been put in it. New testiment my ass, more like "this is relevent now, so we're tweaking to stay with the times and keep our members" - Baaa

This is a trick Islam hasnt caught onto yet.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
When I read the bible, I just replace god or lord, with aliens. Everything starts to flow when I do that.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

The old testament and the new testament are both inspired by God.

You say that as a statement of Fact, and it is not a fact. How would you know if the writers were in fact inspired by a God, and if this God was the same one you are thinking of? How would you know that, may I ask? If you have insider knowledge about god, please, enlighten us all?

No one really know what makes for inspiration. I myself am inspired sometimes, and being a non Christian, I am pretty sure it isn't Jesus doing the inspiring here. Artists are inspired, and builders. I would say, and not in an off hand manner, that All Books are inspired.

Why did He not tell us in the old testament what the proper way is to behave and keep the peace?

Again, not God talking, a man taking about what he thought God said. This is the nature of the religious texts, the "scriptures." All were authored by men, some of dubious reputation, and all were taken from hypothetical and theoretical collections of the time.
THE RYLANDS PAPYRUS FRAUD
(From the site)

Quite simply, this "earliest gospel fragment" looks very much like a fraud -- a blatant deception that the New Testament scholars -- these modern-day apologists for the faith -- have been perpetrating on the unwary public.

The King James Translators
Sir Francis Bacon headed up the translation team of the King James Bible.

Francis Bacon was partly, if not entirely, responsible for an amazing undertaking,
1. The Shakespearian Plays
2. The creation in its present form of Freemasonry
3. The translation of the King James Bible into its present well-known Authorized Version.

Sir Francis Bacon had a very good friend and confidant in John Dee.
Francis Bacon and the James 1st Bible

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
When I read the bible, I just replace god or lord, with aliens. Everything starts to flow when I do that.

I plainly noticed that too, when reading the Bible. It certainly makes a lot more sense, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
The old testament and the new testament are both inspired by God. But why did He not do it right the first time? Can God not predict the future or does He not understand His creation that well..?

One of the most important revisions He made is to turn your other cheek and forgive instead of having the right to smash out the teeth of the person that kicked out yours.

What is that all about..? Why did He not tell us in the old testament what the proper way is to behave and keep the peace? Is the answer simple to explain with "God is like us" and therefore tweaks and make things up as He goes along?

I mean...in times like these it is important to rely and hold on to His promises. If God is not able to know what is coming and is good for us it is easy to lose hope and faith when you see the world is going down the drain.

What people fail to recognize in the OT was the condition of mercy. God said that you could punish people, but never said what punishment you would receive if you did not punish for sins. You never HAD to stone people, but if you chose to punish them, then you could. But ONLY if two witnesses were in agreement that a sin had occurred, and those two witnesses had to be of high moral character. There was never any such thing as groups of people just randomly out looking for sinners to stone. The case of the woman caught in adultery is the prime example of this. There were no witnesses of high moral character, and they did not bring the man she was caught with. They attempted to break the law through a loophole, and loopholes are man's ideas.

God is absolute, therefore His laws are absolute. In those days there were cities of sanctuary where a charged person can go to until it is determined his punishment. Sometimes people were stoned and sometimes they were not.

Take the case of Achan, he was told explicitly what he was to do. He found a loophole and violated the commandment. His whole family was then punished with him because he brought the curse into his home. Joshua struggled with that but eventually had to follow through. Had Achan simply removed the curse from his home and acknowledged it, then perhaps only Achan would have been punished.

We know that not all homosexuals were stoned. During the times of Israel's idolatry, they lived near the tabernacle and the temple and even performed temple prostitution. Again, the stoning was a punishment, but only if after a trial could they be punished. And they were not always punished. It was up to those presiding at the trial what the punishment should be.

People today look at the codes of punishment and say "aha, God commands stoning". No, stoning was not a commandment, but a remedy. They never look at what the Bible says about extenuating circumstances.

Another instance of extenuating circumstances in the Bible. People think God promotes slavery. Actually He never did. What the Bible says is this "IF you buy a slave", that means if you buy a slave then these are the requirements for how you should treat that slave and at the end of seven years you must release him. If you treated a slave badly, then you would be punished.

People don't read the Bible, they just take other people's words for what it says. I say, go read it for yourself. Read every word for yourself.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrzYma
it is not God who changes his mind, it's the people who wrote the old testament and the church who rewrote it into new testament...

there is and newer will be any single person on earth who talks to god !
wake up! it's man made wish and nothing else

Not really 100% true. Humanity need time to understand and evolve both technologicly and socialy and spiritually. It is not that the way to be have changed. It is just that some humans on earth where not ready for the lesson yeet. Some cultures need more time than others.

Bhagavad Gita taught nonduality long before Jesus and so did Buddha. It is the Abrahamic religons that where catching up to the eastern spiritual konowledge and native indian understanding. But then the powerhungry poleticans screwed it up like they always do and choose how Christianety should be. And the rest is history and we lost probably a 1000 year of scientific and spiritual progress because of manipulative jerks who wanted control and power.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Just beacuse they are aliens/unknown do not mean they are not part of god

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

In a nutshell? Jesus was a pagan and the old testament god is not the same as the one he believed in. Just like any major religion, you have others who want to subvert, change, and/or improve upon it. I believe others used Jesus to enact that change.

Any other explanation I've heard has been so contrived and grasping at straws that it is obvious (to me) that there are no solid arguments to stand on.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

So when the aliens return and tell you that they were responsible for helping us become a better species (which we have failed at) and there is no ‘god’, will you worship them as a ‘god’?

Or will you wet yourself and change your mind?

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Father knows all. But, he will restrict himself from giving the answers so that others may learn. How can one learn, if all is given up front? Even the ones above have to learn.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Another instance of extenuating circumstances in the Bible. People think God promotes slavery. Actually He never did. What the Bible says is this "IF you buy a slave", that means if you buy a slave then these are the requirements for how you should treat that slave and at the end of seven years you must release him. If you treated a slave badly, then you would be punished.

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Sounds like God is advocating slavery to me!

What people fail to recognize in the OT was the condition of mercy. God said that you could punish people, but never said what punishment you would receive if you did not punish for sins.

Here is God ordering punishment that one must do to receive HIS mercy.

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

That's because those are not his words. But, of man's words thinking it was coming from Father. Very big difference. There are many errors in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I agree with you that GOD didn't command these things, they were justifications, made by men, and written down as "god's law." But it's important to remember that many people believe that the Bible is the "Holy Word of God" and take every word in it as God's word.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

So when the aliens return and tell you that they were responsible for helping us become a better species (which we have failed at) and there is no ‘god’, will you worship them as a ‘god’?

Or will you wet yourself and change your mind?

Mickierocksman

God is in one way a human desciption from my point of view higher degree of conciousness. To an ant you can be thought of as a god. But if you are seeking the highest conciousness in reality then you are seeking the reality conciousness that are made up of all parts of conciousness. Those that want to joint that conciousness can be of all species even animals. I do not worship anything but higher ideal/ideas. Loving maybe sometimes but worshiping is hard for me and seems like a waste of time for me. But I do listen and learn from things that have more information than me. I am after a symbiotic non parasitical relationship with everything that exists. If someone want me to worship in a parasitic relationship then they are showing by their actions that I want nothing to do with em.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by jhill76

I agree with you that GOD didn't command these things, they were justifications, made by men, and written down as "god's law." But it's important to remember that many people believe that the Bible is the "Holy Word of God" and take every word in it as God's word.

You are making a fine point but if people wanna sleep in their indoctrination then it is not much we can do but explain things when they are ready.

top topics

join