It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you worship a 'Counterfeit God'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
We all worship something, stuck in bondage and adhere to idolatry.

You might say, I don’t believe in God, but the bible says not possible,
Everyone has saGod, whether or not it’s the God of the gospel.
You might not believe in God, but everyone has that one thing that’s king,
Even the dictionary defines God as what “whatever we make supreme”
It’s a theme, a thread, it’s inside of all human beings,
The fact we all worship, and no it’s not just about singing.

We are slaves to our possessions, we are always craving something new,
Reality check, if you can’t give it up, you don’t own it, it owns you.
That’s the bible, it says we’re all spiritual prostitutes, actually we’re worse.
Because at least prostitutes get paid for their works,
When all we get paid is a hearse

That’s why worship isn’t just behavior, it goes way into our core,
So ask yourself what is your God? What do you bow down before?
For example some of you in here don’t worship Jesus, you worship what He said,
Got theology in your head, but in your heart, poor, pitiful, naked, and dead.
Some worship in stadiums, some worship in bars.
We worship our possessions, we worship our cars,
We worship science, or we worship the arts,
But see it don’t matter what clothes your idol’s wearing, the disease is our hearts

Is to project an image of 'God', not just to create an image out of our own understanding. If 'God' is all knowing and the 'creator'... to even fathom 'his' totality, as to his mindset, moralities, and doctrines... essentially you have only recreated yourself, your understanding and have RATIONALIZED your comprehension based on a limited knowledge threshold as we are supreme ignorant beings.

Unfortunately, it's next to impossible to escape idolatry... and worship of counterfeit god's...

maybe that's why it was said...

Romans 12: 2

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will

To remove this world and the patterns of the material plane aiming at replacing that of which we worship with something outside of everything, is one step in the right direction IMO. Although, there are obviously limits as we are subject to said 'material plane' of existence. Now the tricky part is... what 'is' this 'God'....

So, what counterfeit gods have you been worshiping as of late?

My counterfeit god was and still kinda is geometry. There's a lot to that statement... but you have to base your philosophies on life on something... right?

It might seem silly to some... but it's not. Essentially, geometry and numbers(admittedly, there's a subjective nature behind numbers) are the equivalent to god... IMO. The same went for many through out history. Even Hobbes used geometry in his reasoning for political philosophy. Ever notice that just about EVER SINGLE famous philosopher and theologian has had an interest in geometry and numbers? It's crude and elementary... but why not base the world on something so solid?

Anyways... I will part with the closing of the poem featured in this thread...

Because before I leave, I’ll leave you with this
What of those other things you worship took nails in their wrists?
Or how about when was the last time money or sex forgave you?
Whens the last time your boyfriend set you free from all you’re enslaved to?
What else is there that died so you could be made new?
Or when’s the last time the world promised satisfaction, and actually came through?

Link to poem:
www.box.com...

You will have to download it...

Also, this was made into a video that was posted on youtube. If someone could post the video on this thread for me, that would be awesome! For some odd reason, I can't seem to get it to work...

www.dasouth.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Thought I'd provide an example...

I don't personally subscribe to conspiracy theories surrounding the 'Illuminati', I see it as more of a 'theme' or a 'thread' something we will always observe.

See any references to 'God'? Then to think, how many people worship money....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
We don't ALL have some sort of 'GOD.'

A kid might not believe in a GOD, but he might LOVE Computer Games.

It doesn't mean that's his GOD.

He just likes Computer Games.

Your example is just a way to try and tell us all that what we enjoy, religious or not, is our GOD, when it isn't.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Agreed. I don't worship anything. I love people and things, but there's nothing I worship. Sorry OP, it's just an opinion that everyone worships something.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

short answer, no, long answer i do not worship anything: god or ` other ` so no couterfiets to be found

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I don't want to be slave to SOMEONE ELSE's (another person like you, a human) ideologies. i want my own way of living, and that does not involve worshiping someone else's imagination.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Surely any god other than the one worshipped by the earliest humans would be a counterfeit god? Therefore all the main religions, many Pagan belief systems etc. The earliest ones seem to be mother type fertility goddesses, therefore everything else is "counterfeit".

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

I don't want to be slave to SOMEONE ELSE's (another person like you, a human) ideologies. i want my own way of living, and that does not involve worshiping someone else's imagination.

This is obviously going way over the heads of everyone.

It's more in reference towards introverted and extroverted paradigms, co-existing with and rationalizing the world; self and everything else. This is, as well... not limited conscious awareness. You don't have to be aware that you are imitating, or basing your life around something.

It's not about... only accepting others beliefs, but rather... the ones we individually create based on what we've observed.

Lets say.... you worship money, or that you base much of your life on the principals of money, which then includes behavioral economics. Once allowed to become a slave to something, lets say addiction, you then conform to whatever rationalizations you have created in adherence with maintaining said addiction. It then creates a paradigm in itself. Addiction is a great example of this... which is probably why many treatment and rehab places include worship or religion into their programs. Not that I agree with this...

It could be technology...

Many who work in the field, such as computer programmers share behavioral traits and/or tendencies that seem to resemble the calculated, methodical and structure of their work. It's not that they think a computer created the world, although simulation theory might come up... it's that. They base their success and ultimately happiness on a binary premise that ultimately dictates their perceptions.(not to be taken literally)

Lets say you believe in Evolution and much of what the science community has to say a whole. You can't escape such paradigms as evolving states and that we are simply animals on a rock. One could then rationalize basing societies on what is observed in nature. One could rationalize their behavior as adhering to the principals of nature.

Your 'God' could even be an emotion... it could be love, hate or anything in between. If you see the universe as chaos, you will live with in a paradigm governed and reasoned by said chaotic perception.

These examples obviously only scratch the surface and don't tell the complete story of an individual.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Everyone who delves deep into science, and the hidden and forbidden knowledge eventually comes to the thought that they are in fact a God. Or at least in training to be one. You are right about your premise though, people do project their thoughts and wishes and make for themselves a God. This has been a part of Human Nature since the very beginning. Remember, only MAN wrote down the religious dogma, If there is a True High Creator,(s) and I am inclined to believe there is, it did not write anything down for us to read later. We are created, such as it is, and left to our own devices.

new topics

top topics

join