It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Buckling Under Weight Of Obama’s Failed Presidency…

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Obama's answer to a College Student on the best way to get a Job,

At a town hall hosted by Univision this afternoon in Florida, a college student asked President Obama for advice on how to get a job. Obama first lavished praise on the journalists hosting the forum and then admitted that the economy has not been doing well for the last four years:

"The economy has been very tough for the last four years," Obama said. "And so there are a lot of young people out there who graduated, who have a great education, but have still had trouble getting work."

The president then said the best thing the college student could do to get a job is to get an education.

It appears obama cares more about Kissing The A** of the Journalist than giving an honest answer that was well thought out.
OK, you people want another fours years of Stupid Answers Like That?
Yes, Continue to get in debt to the government with more student loan bills. Don't think for yourself, you might discover that Voting For The Other Guy is The Answer!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Originally posted by Summerian

I'd like to hear how you would go about cleaning up after Bush.
And I'll tell you about all the ways big money would stop you (end you).

Just think, if Obama wins this election he'll be inheriting a worse mess. And guess whose fault that is?

So no idea how to fix what he broke, but to point at Obama?

Now turn to the camera and say it's time people started taking responsibility.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren

pfft
We've been thru this. Ain't easy cleaning up after Bush.
Why don't ask about his birth certificate while you're at it?

Obama hasn't cleaned up after Bush, he's done nothing but extend the policies that Bush started LOL

Just think, if Obama wins this election he'll be inheriting a worse mess. And guess whose fault that is?

No actually taking over in 2012 is a cakewalk compared to 2008.

How soon we all forget how god awful our predicament was in the fall of 2008.

But feel free to revise history as you see fit

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm not voting. It's all the same no matter who we vote for, these guys are all puppets, who's really running this country. Like my brother says "Deciding who you want to vote for is like checking public restroom stalls to see which one is the least disgusting".

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Summerian

Sumerian- Starred you for this and another in the thread. I am of similar ilk, my friend. I posted this in another thread some time ago, but I thinkk it is worth the repost:

Being a Dick Tom here in PA I see the logic in your statement, Domo. But that leads to the question: Since the representatives of the two major parties only require 2,000 signatures, what does that signify??

Is there some sort of vetting process that raises their eligibility to govern thereby lowering the need of the general public consent as qualified to govern?

My contention is this - why do we only elect (for the most part, that is) lawyers? Professional loophole locaters and circumventors who haven't the slightest clue of what they are enacting. Shouldn't we be electing Civil Engineers who know about infrastructure? Doctors and nurses who understand healthcare? Aviation and transportation experts who can evaluate transportation issues??

Lastly, I get over the top pissed every election cycle because it seems to me, an average middle class working dingbat, that these positions are nothing but rewards for the criminal, untrustwothy chocolate starfish (read: sphincter) that spends the most money during the campaign!

ETA:This was in in response to the PA voter laws and candiate registration, just to clarify. However, the sentiment stll applies...
edit on 21-9-2012 by PaTommyJ because: see above

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

pfft
We've been thru this. Ain't easy cleaning up after Bush.
Why don't ask about his birth certificate while you're at it?

Woot! Just use this from now on it will save you typing and is a more accurate reflection.

A Picture is worth a thousand words...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Every single time I read these threads and hear these talking points I want to shoot myself in the head and just call it a life.

People simply do not get it. Not at all.

Am I better off today than I was 4 years ago? No I am not.

Is that Obama's fault? Actually not really.

Let me ask this question and really think about it. Had Obama not won the election in 2004 and John McCain had won, would we be better off today?

The answer to this question is also NO! Fact is, McCain supported the bailouts. He would have done the same thing. The President does not "create jobs". The truth is, the economy tanked under Bush's watch. Obama did not help the situation, but Obama did not get all the bailouts and everything else passed on his own. The Republicans supported it as well! Obama's economic policy is a continuation of the Bush policies! McCain and Palin would have done the exact same thing. So no matter who won, we would not be better off today.

The problem is not Obama. The problem is not the Democrats. The problem is in the monetary policy and it extends through BOTH parties!

Go back and check out Mitt Romney's answers during the Republican Primary debates when asked if he would have bailed out xyz... he said YES!! He said it was the "right thing to do" for the exception of the auto industry bailout. So how is that any different??

Edit to add: Really think about this for a minute.... In 2004 after the Bush Administration disaster (and make no mistake about it, Bush was a disaster) ,voters were so pissed off and put all the blame on Republicans. We would have voted in ANY Democrat. You could have took a picture of Mickey Mouse, slapped a Democrat banner over his head and he would have beat ANY Republican who ran. Voters simply blamed the Republican Party. Here we are 4 years later, and we are doing the EXACT same thing, only this time we are blaming Obama and the Democrats. So instead of learning from our mistakes we will vote in ANY Republican because many voters have the mindset of "Anyone BUT Obama" and this way of thinking is OUR mistake. It has to stop or nothing will ever change.

edit on 21-9-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
America Buckling Under Weight Of Obama’s Failed Presidency…

This opinion article by Ulsterman tells it like it is.

With all the recent diversions, we tend to "forget" what has really happened !!

The voters will not forget however when they hit the polls.

Things like lost jobs and weak jobs will be the deciding factors.

Many people currently on "assistance" are not satisfied.

They want the jobs back, not the chickenfeed help.

You can't hide from the Sun as they say.

Is America better off than it was four years ago? Boston Herald columnist Jennifer Braceras makes it clear – absolutely NOT.... Easy question, easier answer
America not better off under Obama

Obama supporters understand this. They know that if this election is a referendum on whether we are today better off, the president will lose.

So for months, they ignored the question. Instead, Obama supporters attacked Bain Capital, mocked Ann Romney’s dressage hobby and accused Mitt Romney of being a felon.

When these divisive and deceptive tactics failed, they shifted strategy and rewrote the question:

“Are you better off today than if Barack Obama had not become president?”

Is America better off than it was four years ago?

How 'bout YOU ?

It amazes me how the Obama admin is stating they have created 4 million jobs. I just can't get over the falsification of it all. What a sad situation that people who couldn't buy homes previously, now can ......because the houses are in bankruptcy or forclosure.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So no idea how to fix what he broke, but to point at Obama?

Now turn to the camera and say it's time people started taking responsibility.

The people did take responsibility...so to speak. They voted in their choice of a leader. And guess who the people can turn to.....OBAMA.

Just think, if Obama wins this election he'll be inheriting a worse mess.
Jesus Christ, realllllly???????

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Republicans have short attention spans...

Don't you wonder in the least why DICK Cheney and Bush did not speak at the RNC?
edit on 21-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Don't you wonder in the least why DICK Cheney and Bush did not speak at the RNC?

If Obama was so great, he would be MILES ahead of Romney in the poles. He isn't.

And by the way, ANYONE who states or believes 'we have to pass it to see what's in it' is an effin idiot.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Untrue. It has nothing to do with 'how great' Obama is or isn't. It's more about the degree to which people actually understand the underlying economy. The GOP will do everything in their power to convince people things are not improving and it's Obama's fault. They will gloss-over and ignore any data that condradicts that POV. Go to the BLS data. Look at business creation and failure rates from around 2007 until the latest data. If you have half a brain you will see that things ARE getting better. Fast enough to please everyone? Of course not because the underlying mechanics are NOT limited to just the U.S. We are affected significantly by the GLOBAL economy. Neither Obama, McCain, Romney or anyone else can fix that from D.C.

People are largely ignorant, polarized parrots. And for that reason we ARE doomed.

I can state as an absolute fact that 90%+ of my colleagues, friends and family are doing significantly better now than 4yrs ago. Significantly better. Did I vote for Obama? No. Will I vote for Obama? No. Gary Johnson all the way.
edit on 21-9-2012 by jtma508 because: typos

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Untrue. It has nothing to do with 'how great' Obama is or isn't. It's more about the degree to which people actually understand the underlying economy. The GOP will do everything in their power to convince people things are not improving and it's Obama's fault. They will gloss-over and ignore any data that condradicts that POV. Go to the BLS data. Look at business creation and failure rates from around 2007 until the latest data. If you have half a brain you will see that things ARE getting better. Fast enough to please everyone? Of course not because the underlying mechanics are NOT limited to just the U.S. We are affected significantly by the GLOBAL economy. Neither Obama, McCain, Romney or anyone else can fix that from D.C.

People are largely ignorant, polarized parrots. And for that reason we ARE doomed.

I can state as an absolute fact that 90%+ of my colleagues, friends and family are doing significantly better now than 4yrs ago. Significantly better. Did I vote for Obama? No. Will I vote for Obama? No. Gary Johnson all the way.

Uhhhh, okay, why don't you tell us how good the economy is today!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Originally posted by jtma508

Uhhhh, okay, why don't you tell us how good the economy is today!

ANYONE?????? I would really like to hear how great it is in the USA...right NOW! All I hear is how bad it is. And yet, some seem to keep blaming the previous administration. Can we please approach the "now" generation?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

No one said the economy was good. Don't be a troll. The point I made and what the available data supports is that the economy has been steadily improving. Keep in mind, oh ye of infinitessimally short memory, a bunch of well-connected, Wall Street banksters tanked virtually the entire GLOBAL economy back in 2007 (either as part of a sinister comspiracy or because they're simply greedy asshats that let things get out-of-control). No one --- not even Mittens of the Majik Underpants --- is going to throw some majical switch and make things all 2000 again (economic peak) Things have been on the decline since right after Bush v2.0 was sworn in. That's a fact, jack.

edit on 21-9-2012 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Originally posted by abeverage

If Obama was so great, he would be MILES ahead of Romney in the poles. He isn't.

And by the way, ANYONE who states or believes 'we have to pass it to see what's in it' is an effin idiot.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

Never said he was great. I am not a fan of Obama and I will not be voting for him, but I sure as hell won't be voting for Willard either. I am wanting Democrates and Republicans to leave the 2 parties behind and become Americans again! I hope you can see that. We are not that divided of a country and we do not need puppets or the super rich to lead us.

Anyone who strictly follows a party line is a fool, it is 2 parties 1 agenda.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

This YouTube video is from 2009.

It's the one showing gradeschool kids "praising" Obama.

I wonder what the parents think today ?

This was filmed around June 19, 2009 at the B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington, NJ. Time to Home-school.

School Children Taught to Praise Obama

The parents of those kids probably feel the same way the parents of these kids feel.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
Obama's answer to a College Student on the best way to get a Job,

At a town hall hosted by Univision this afternoon in Florida, a college student asked President Obama for advice on how to get a job. Obama first lavished praise on the journalists hosting the forum and then admitted that the economy has not been doing well for the last four years:

"The economy has been very tough for the last four years," Obama said. "And so there are a lot of young people out there who graduated, who have a great education, but have still had trouble getting work."

The president then said the best thing the college student could do to get a job is to get an education.

It appears obama cares more about Kissing The A** of the Journalist than giving an honest answer that was well thought out.
OK, you people want another fours years of Stupid Answers Like That?
Yes, Continue to get in debt to the government with more student loan bills. Don't think for yourself, you might discover that Voting For The Other Guy is The Answer!

You don't even comprehend what Obama is even talking about do you? The reason why a lot of college kids can't find jobs after graduating is because they take crap courses. There are plenty of jobs out there but kids aren't taking courses that will prepare them for those jobs.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

This YouTube video is from 2009.

It's the one showing gradeschool kids "praising" Obama.

I wonder what the parents think today ?

This was filmed around June 19, 2009 at the B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington, NJ. Time to Home-school.

School Children Taught to Praise Obama

Oh you get a star for that...funny the collective memory loss on the Right.

The parents of those kids probably feel the same way the parents of these kids feel.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What was America buckling under, under Bush?

Surely not Obama.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join