It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Air Pollution From Burger Joints Worse Than Trucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Study: Air Pollution From Burger Joints Worse Than Trucks

Well now we have heard it all !!

A study from UC Riverside has concluded that one burger on a commercial charbroiler will put out more air pollution than a diesel truck does in 143 miles !!!

Where has the EPA been all this time ?

HESPERIA (CBSLA.com) — A UC Riverside study found that commercially cooked hamburgers cause more air pollution than diesel trucks.

The study, which focused on commercial charbroilers found in burger restaurants, said the equipment generates grease, smoke, water vapors and combustion products, which emit a large amount of particulate matter into the air.

“For comparison, an 18-wheeler diesel engine truck would have to drive 143 miles on the freeway to put out the same mass of particulates as a single charbroiled hamburger patty,” said Bill Welch, the principle engineer........

I thought they had special filters ?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thought so... considering the fact when they are actively cooking whilst you are passing by with the windows down you can just smell it. It can make you hungry which is why I think this may be a potential selling point. But yeah those places are dirty in terms of food and as we now have confirmed, pollutant wise.

No surprise to me though...

edit on 20-9-2012 by Elzon1 because: (no reason given)

join