It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warning for citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

US warning for citizens

m.smh.com.au

The United States has warned its citizens to keep away from Sydney's Martin Place and Hyde Park this weekend amid fears of another outbreak of violence.

A letter titled "Emergency Message for US Citizens" sent to all those registered with the US consulate says that "law enforcement authorities" have advised that anti-American demonstrations are possible on both Saturday and Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Who would have ever thought that it would come to this. We have never really had this problem in australia. the only time was the "cronulla riots" which involved middle easterners starting trouble at a local beach.

the local media has many muslim leaders coming out and stating they do not support any further protests.

m.smh.com.au

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
We should all start calling local talk back radio for starters.

I called 2GB the other night and gave my piece.

I plan on e-mailing members of local, state and federal Government, too.

People protesting is one thing, but if they start making 'beheading' threats, for example, well, that's another thing all together.

We should be deporting fresh off the boat Immigrants if they take part in threatening activities.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

Who would have ever thought that it would come to this. We have never really had this problem in australia. the only time was the "cronulla riots" which involved middle easterners starting trouble at a local beach.

the local media has many muslim leaders coming out and stating they do not support any further protests.

m.smh.com.au

I'm sure those many Muslim leaders speaking out against support of any further protests are embarrassed by the way these violent groups of protesting Muslim's are negatively portraying the group as a whole. Of course, these wild, barbaric protesters do not speak or act on behalf of the Muslim people as a whole, however, when combined with constant brainwashing by the media (ex:repeatedly playing clips of violence, flag burning, and anti-American chants) twists the perception of the group as a whole for many of the sheep that the media has herded and trained to believe everything they say.

I'm sure they also realize that, while it's not wrong to be angry about your prophet being ridiculed, violence is not the answer and will not solve anything. In fact, these violent protests are bound to have negative effects on government ties if the Embassy buildings and ambassadors from multiple nations are being threatened, attacked, and even killed.

Again, expressing your opinion, even one of disgust, should not only be an American right, but a Human Right. I respect their right to speak out against something that bothers them, so long as they remain peaceful and realize that this freedom of speech works both ways and censoring the movie or the newly released cartoon is out of the question because it is the director of the movie and the artist of the cartoon's right to publish their work, no matter who may disagree.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

People protesting is one thing, but if they start making 'beheading' threats, for example, well, that's another thing all together.

We should be deporting fresh off the boat Immigrants if they take part in threatening activities.

i probably heard you. i think it will be a quiet saturday as most of them will be going to support the bulldogs...lol

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

In my opinion, all the thin-skinned over sensitive intolerant cultures should be blasted in the media non stop until they grow a thicker skin.

Muhammad should be portrayed on a pogo-stick, covered in poop, behaving in all sorts of obscene and insulting ways. This goes for Allah, and everything else associated with this culture.

Hindus aren't going to freak out if you make jokes about Ganesh or Krishna, no matter how insulting you are.
Buddhists aren't going to freak out and call for holy war when you BLOW UP the largest Buddha statues in the world.
Christians might act a little crazy, but, they don't get too stabby or holy warish over isults regarding their mythological figures. It seems they worked out most of their violent tendencies with the crusades, inquisitions, witch rials and other such.

Thus, methinks some cultures need have their faces rubbed in it until they can grow up and deal with a little criticism.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

i probably heard you. i think it will be a quiet saturday as most of them will be going to support the bulldogs...lol

It's funny because it's true.

Maybe they'll riot there and take the dogs out of the season.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

In my opinion, all the thin-skinned over sensitive intolerant cultures should be blasted in the media non stop until they grow a thicker skin.

Muhammad should be portrayed on a pogo-stick, covered in poop, behaving in all sorts of obscene and insulting ways. This goes for Allah, and everything else associated with this culture.

Hindus aren't going to freak out if you make jokes about Ganesh or Krishna, no matter how insulting you are.
Buddhists aren't going to freak out and call for holy war when you BLOW UP the largest Buddha statues in the world.
Christians might act a little crazy, but, they don't get too stabby or holy warish over isults regarding their mythological figures. It seems they worked out most of their violent tendencies with the crusades, inquisitions, witch rials and other such.

Thus, methinks some cultures need have their faces rubbed in it until they can grow up and deal with a little criticism.

You had me at 'pogo-stick.'

I agree with you.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Lets go crap on every mosque in our country, hang up posters of Muhammad dressed like a homosexual and hope they just deal with it, yeah? It might work..

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I condone nothing that involves the defacement of private property, or the violation of anyone's space.

I'm talking about media portrayal; on TV, the internet, newspapers, billboards, anywhere any other advertisement or message is socially acceptable to be posted.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

This goes for Allah, and everything else associated with this culture.

Allah is just another name for God....their god and the christian god is one in the same. if anything is to be seen as offensive it would be that.

Mocking Muhammad is one thing....mocking God opens up a whole other realm of offense.

Not that I care....just saying those who mock God usually get the brunt of his wrath in one way or another. Some might even call God...... karma. Depends on whom you worship. i assure though it is indeed the same god.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I condone nothing that involves the defacement of private property, or the violation of anyone's space.

I'm talking about media portrayal; on TV, the internet, newspapers, billboards, anywhere any other advertisement or message is socially acceptable to be posted.

You may aswell crap on the door step of the mosque. You will get the same outcome either way.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Unrealised

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere

This goes for Allah, and everything else associated with this culture.

Allah is just another name for God....their god and the christian god is one in the same. if anything is to be seen as offensive it would be that.

Mocking Muhammad is one thing....mocking God opens up a whole other realm of offense.

Not that I care....just saying those who mock God usually get the brunt of his wrath in one way or another. Some might even call God...... karma. Depends on whom you worship. i assure though it is indeed the same god.

Yes, I'm aware of this, but, the name of Allah is treated differently than the name of Yahweh, or Jehovah, or whatever slant on this desert nomad mythology one wants to cite.

The problem is the thin-skinned intolerant little princess-and-the-pea attitude that goes with every little niggling perceived slight.
Deal with it. Grow a thicker skin already.

Originally posted by DarknStormy

You may aswell crap on the door step of the mosque. You will get the same outcome either way.

Still, such is a violation of property and space. Violation of property and space is deserving of retribution. Ridiculous insults in the media are not. it's a matter of perspective that needs be learned.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Must have missed the part where I said i didn't care.......and did you say nigglings?

Know what the american translation is?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
And to top it off, the kid carrying the behead sign and its mother are not even Aussies (get it? THEY ARE NOT NATURALISED AUSSIES). They are from Jordan and haven't been here for all that long. So here we have this type of maggot (the parents) able to walk freely around Sydney still, but our yank mates now will be walking around with one eye on the sights and the other eye looking out for some radical primitive.

When will people realise that:
1) The yanks and even the French are not to blame for the protests
2) The movie and the comics aren't even to blame for the protests
3) The radicals will find whatever they can to manipulate our free society to slowly but surely chip away at the fabric of our society with the blinkered goal of forcing their archaic dogma on everyone who lives here.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I agree, and folks like the producers of South Park are willing to do their part and apparently aren't afraid of the death threats, but the spineless network executive cowards apparently are afraid and won't allow them to do any more making fun of Islam. (They actually got away with it years ago, and it somehow slipped under the radar, before the Danish cartoons of Muhammad incident). They've made fun of every other religion, and as they keep saying either all of it is OK, or none of it is.

I'm all for it making them grow some thicker skin and besides, that video was so lame it's hard to even take seriously.

The worst thing that happened when a statue of Christ was put in a jar of urine, is a picture of it posted in public was defaced. But nobody was killed, or injured in any violent acts.

We also need to start telling the truth about Islam. I've had enough of the media apologists burying the truth and insulting Asians by referring to Muslims as "Asians" as described by Pat Condell in this video:

Tell the truth about Islam - Pat Condell

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

m.smh.com.au

this is crazy. i never thought this kind of thing would make its way to Austrailia. i think this video pretty much sums up the end of the world scenario.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join