It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you want out of life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
What do you want to achieve while you are here on this planet? Do you have any ultimate goals or do you just want to roll with whatever comes your way? Do you want adventures and challenges or a quiet and calm life? Do you want to go after things with drive and determination or do you want to let things come to you as they may? Do you want the world to drastically change or do you want it to stay the way it is? Do you have a certain plan laid out or do you float like a feather in the breeze with more of a spontaneous approach to life?

Well, here you are.... alive on the Earth. What do you want?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I want:

Three hots and a cot.

The rest is details.
edit on 20-9-2012 by KarensHoliday because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I want to know the things the way they truly are.

And I want to know myself.

It is a journey.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
since you went to so much effort with your thread I thought I would post
and answer......

Tossed the plans and dreams, happy to go with the flow now,
if i don't know what I'm doing
no one else does either

it's good for them

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
since you went to so much effort with your thread I thought I would post
and answer......

Tossed the plans and dreams, happy to go with the flow now,
if i don't know what I'm doing
no one else does either

it's good for them

In the same boat.
I know I'm here to learn.
So I'm here to work on that.
Scrapped all the ambitions and plans and live day by day.
The universe leads me know

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

What does Life want out of me?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I want to live my life as I see fit and be left alone.

That used to be the "American Dream" before it was bastardized into this welfare state nonsense it is today.

I just want to spend my one go around the way I want to without somebody always pointing a gun at my head. Apparently too much to ask.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

I feel I was put here just to observe the fireworks from a physical body. Other than that, Whatever it is I want to do I suppose?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
What I want out of life: (because this is such a lengthy topic)

1. Freedom from the bonds of manmade modern slavery or, in other words, the ability to live on this planet without literally "oweing somebody something until I die".

2. Experiences and adventures that push the limits of human understanding and comprehension.

3. The absolute truth about the ever revolving world around us. (or the ability to understand it all)

4. Of course the four needs, food, shelter, fire and water. (and a good woman.
)

I left out a ton of things to keep it short.
Everything can be broken into specifics but that would take too long.
These are my basic "wants" out of life.

Excellent thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I want to pass the spiritual lessons/tests I came here to learn so I won't have to come back here ever again!
edit on 9/20/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I want to explore whats outside the physical dimension. Like the shamans have done forever. Im also interested in out of body experiences, lucid dreaming, astral travelling. See the pattern? I do... it says "get me out of here!".

If humanity had public space ships at this time, I would be a space explorer. Like in Star Trek. Again, the theme seems to be "get me out of here".

I dont really have any interest whatsoever in the things a lot of people do on Gaia, like travelling to see tourist attractions, having a family, buying the latest technology or clothes, following celebrities... I dont even like cooking food, making music, painting, or any of those creative things.

So thats me.

Im interested in 2012 though....will be interesting to see whats coming in that regard.

I realize I didnt answer what I want out of life, and that is because I dont really find anything that truly interests me here. I wish I did. Maybe Im an old soul, maybe Im just boring. But it is the truth.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
What do you want to achieve while you are here on this planet? Do you have any ultimate goals or do you just want to roll with whatever comes your way? Do you want adventures and challenges or a quiet and calm life? Do you want to go after things with drive and determination or do you want to let things come to you as they may? Do you want the world to drastically change or do you want it to stay the way it is? Do you have a certain plan laid out or do you float like a feather in the breeze with more of a spontaneous approach to life?

That's a good question. I was able to reach some of my goals, was able to enjoy them for some time and then made just one mistake and lost the goal. Others I pretty much gave up on trying to get. If I get them great, if not then I just don't care anymore. I think it's good to keep somewhat busy though at least that way it keeps your mind occupied.

The irony of life though is that whether you have nothing or gain and acheive a lot you both end up virtually feeling exactly the same. The person who acheives a lot actually is in a far worse scenario in most ways. They have so much more to have to maintain, and so much more they could end up losing. The only advantage is they gain the experience of knowing they were able to acheive something and try it out for a time. But generally that too eventually goes away and maybe they end up back where they started.

The person who doesn't try, doesn't get the experience of achieving there dreams, but also doesn't have to do a bunch of work that is usually pretty fruitless in the long run. Instead they get to enjoy they're free time doing whatever they want, and basically not having to be a slave like everyone else. Of course that's assuming they can scrap out some kind of basic existense in life. Also they have nothing to lose as they haven't gained anything. And they have less stress and worries as they have nothing they're waiting to try and acheive and no lifestyle or image they have to try and maintain.

so again life is paradoxical and ironic in that way. I honestly don't think there's any better path in life from one person to another. I think as long as you live a good life, and avoid doing wrong that's the key to a happy enjoyable life.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I let life do and navigate there after, I suppose ultimately balance is something of a personal preference.

much love

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

I haven't had an easy life and for years wished for an easier time here on Earth, but the lessons I've learned as a result of the difficult experiences have allowed me to flourish in ways I'm still digesting. That's not to say I'd want to endure more difficulty than necessary. I think our shortcomings and misconceptions manifest themselves in every important aspect of life, especially relationships with others and present valuable opportunities for growth. One thing I want out of life is to better my ability of learning from my mistakes and to bring happiness to those I love and cherish & even those I don't.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

One idea someone posted suggests that will only happen when you learn the lesson of loving being here.

much love

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

Have you ever tried just being in the moment without needing to want for anything? Just exploring now as it is and seeing the beauty in that every moment is in motion, things are happening all the time, sometimes we just forget to take notice. I don't think you are boring just bored because you feel what you believe other people want in their experience does not engage you. But in fact life is engaging you every moment... once you see that you might also see that you are already exploring the universe right where you are, every moment now.

Just thoughts much love

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

To assist in the balance of the universe in sector SOL space EA*RTH.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
reply to post by sled735

One idea someone posted suggests that will only happen when you learn the lesson of loving being here.

much love

I disagree.
I think the lesson is to learn to love one another. I have done this to the best of my ability. However....
there are some on this earth that are so filled with evil it makes it a REAL challenge!
I will never love being here as long as evil resides here too.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

reply to post by sled735

much love

I disagree.
I think the lesson is to learn to love one another. I have done this to the best of my ability. However....
there are some on this earth that are so filled with evil it makes it a REAL challenge!

Maybe you are approaching love in away that makes it difficult. What if love is just recognition? Do you recognize that what I posted and what you said ultimately mean the same thing? When you learn to love what you term evil you will also have learnt to love being here. Just two sides to the solution that solves the same problem.

much love and light on your journey

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

reply to post by sled735

much love

I disagree.

Maybe you are approaching love in away that makes it difficult. What if love is just recognition? Do you recognize that what I posted and what you said ultimately mean the same thing? When you learn to love what you term evil you will also have learnt to love being here. Just two sides to the solution that solves the same problem.

much love and light on your journey

As for loving "being here", I could love it very much if evil people didn't walk among us. The earth is a beautiful place. But, loving evil? Nope... ain't gonna happen!

Peace!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join