It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children born to parents who eat GM wheat may DIE before age five, warn scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Children born to parents who eat GM wheat may DIE before age five, warn scientists.

More research showing the dangers of GMO "Food" shows a greater chance of early death for your children
if you consume this slow acting toxic poison.

Meantime the biotech companies are spending huge sums of money bribing our politicians to allow free and unfettered swamping of the food chain...

Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) has developed a novel variety of genetically-modified (GM) wheat that contains an altered protein and enzyme-suppressing mechanism that some scientists are now saying could cause serious problems for the human liver. A recent report compiled by several acclaimed experts in the field of genetics says that children born to parents who consume this GM wheat variety could actually end up dying before they reach the age of five.

more info here:-

www.naturalnews.com...

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
You're freaking me out man.

I think I really need to take a break from this site. No offense to your thread, but it seems everytime I turn around, the corruption, denigration, and utter failure of our gov't, corporations, and human greed, is exposed.

I see no turning back from GMO. I live in a farming "breadbasket". The crops are all modified. The seed is infested. Even if a farmer WANTS to go natural, ONE little seed can contaminate an entire crop. www.percyschmeiser.com... While you may be able to LEGALLY win some of the time, you better have deep pockets to be able to do so.

I live in a farming "breadbasket" and Monsanto owns the farmers soul. He has no choice but to bow to these monsters in order to remain economically viable. It's all so depressing.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
What is wrong with these people?
Since mass producing Wheat they have somehow caused it to have more gluten in it which means people with a gluten intolerance shouldn't eat it. But nearly everything thats mass produced either contains traces of gluten or a great deal of gluten.
Two years ago I was diagnosed as a coeliac, since then I've given up bread a number of my favourite cereals and
dare I say Beer.
And now the CSIRO have found this. Will someone stop these Morons playing with our food.
Obviously they have found a way to make it grow faster, larger in greater quantities and cheaper, which to them far outweighs the harm it will do.
When are they going to stop and leave things as they are?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

ElPresidente put a great thread linking a very impotant GMO documentary that people need to be informed about. This documentary includes the effect of GMO's in children.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Monsanto have a lot to answer for, I have a small Printing business and have just picked Monsanto up as a customer. I really don't want their poison money knowing how they make it, then again I might just add a bit extra to the invoice next time they order.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Stick a protest flyer against GMO food's along with their reciept next time.

And wear a huge button that says "BAN GMO FOODS" when they come in next time and add a copy of this documentary in with it.
geneticroulettemovie.com...
edit on 20-9-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
There's no downside. The Genetically modified food will kill off only the countries making it and eating it.

The rest of the world and life will go on, as long as they burn every square inch of the farmland with GMO crops after we all drop dead....they'll be fine.

Maybe those starving North Koreans will inherit the Earth after we kill ourselves off with Genetically altered crops?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Well, if it starts happening on a big scale, the surface of Earth will turn into Hell.

Other than that scenario playing out, best you can do is just try to eat whatever you feel is healthiest...

Is it messed up that we're being fed like guinea pigs?

Yes, extremely, but what do you expect from a world where the people in these important positions just make decisions to further increase or lock-in their "power" and "control" while entirely neglecting the effects of their decisions on the macro populace, the environment, society in general, and the hell gates they open up to their eventual management replacements.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Right. The inheritance of a hypothetical acquired characteristic by the children of someone who consumes a GM product which has not been approved.
Great science.

Typical complete and total distortion by Natural News.
Here is what the headline is:

Children born to parents who eat GM wheat may DIE before age five, warn scientists

Here is what the scientist actually said:

The disease that results is variously called Glycogen Storage Disease IV, glycogenosis type IV, glycogen branching enzyme deficiency (GBED), polyglucosan body disease, amylopectinosis or Anderson Disease (named after Dorothy Hansine Anderson, an American physician). It results in an enlarged liver, cirrhosis of the liver, and failure to thrive. Children born with the disease usually die at about 5 years of age.

safefoodfoundation.org...

There is nothing about the children of parents who eat GM wheat acquiring the disease. She is talking about the disease which results from the lack of the enzyme which breaks down glycogen. The worry is that somehow eating the GM wheat may cause the disease in those who consume it.

edit on 9/20/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Truthfully natural news isn't a very good source for anything.

They tend to report inaccurately and sensationalize.Their accuracy is questionable at best.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
What is wrong with these people?
Since mass producing Wheat they have somehow caused it to have more gluten in it which means people with a gluten intolerance shouldn't eat it. But nearly everything thats mass produced either contains traces of gluten or a great deal of gluten.
Two years ago I was diagnosed as a coeliac, since then I've given up bread a number of my favourite cereals and
dare I say Beer.
And now the CSIRO have found this. Will someone stop these Morons playing with our food.
Obviously they have found a way to make it grow faster, larger in greater quantities and cheaper, which to them far outweighs the harm it will do.
When are they going to stop and leave things as they are?

It's actually not gluten that is the most toxic part of wheat, but a protein called gluiden.

It's not in our ancestors wheat and the obesiety and diabetes charts go hand and hand with crossbread wheat production.

top topics

join