It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The identity of Jesus' wife is..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Revelation 21:9-11

9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. 11 It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.

The lamb, of course, is referring to Jesus - as he was a sacrifice, innocent and pure, like a lamb. This shouldn't need clarification but if those wish to see sources on where exactly the Bible refers to Jesus as the Lamb, I will do so. But the main point is this.. The "wife" of Christ is the Church. Jerusalem, God's holy city, is where God placed his people, the Jews. Though Jews have always denounced the belief in a Messiah, those that do believe are a part of the same body, the same Church.

And, like any marriage ceremony, there will be the marriage supper of the lamb, immediately following the gathering unto Him.

Sorry to rain on the parade of those trying to rub this in the face of believers, but I am merely a servant of truth and wish nothing more but to bring an understanding to people who have questions and doubts, though I do not know everything, I admit.

God bless, and be at peace.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Where exactly in that verse does it say that the church is the bride of Jesus? I don't even see the word church.

Paul says that the church is the bride but Paul also killed followers of Jesus before his "conversion" so he's not very reliable in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Is this the same book that says the stars will fall to the earth?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" !!!

I have heard the term "Married to the church" used to describe priests and saints, but isn't it against the bible to marry someone else's bride? Especially Jesus's!
edit on 9/20/2012 by BulletsCantSilenceIdeas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Lionhearte

Where exactly in that verse does it say that the church is the bride of Jesus? I don't even see the word church.

Paul says that the church is the bride but Paul also killed followers of Jesus before his "conversion" so he's not very reliable in my opinion.

Read 2 Peter 3:15-16 when you get a chance.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BulletsCantSilenceIdeas

I have heard the term "Married to the church" used to describe priests and saints, but isn't it against the bible to marry someone else's bride? Especially Jesus's!

It's a literary device, it's called a " metaphor" (meh-TA-for). English uses numerous literary devices, there are over 200.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Read Matthew 16:22-23 when you get a chance.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Alright, Ill tell you what I learn. Now you first, since I suggested first.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Apparently Satan approved of what Paul taught.
edit on 20-9-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Ah yes, typical response when confronted with Peter's affirmation of all Paul's epistles. You have a few problems with using that as a rescuing device.

1. That was 53 days before Peter was filled and baptized with the Holy Spirit.
2. That was some 60+ days before John 21:1-17 when he was restored by Christ to his apostolic position of authority.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Apparently Satan approved of what Paul taught.

The title satan isn't anywhere in 2 Peter 3:15-16.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by BulletsCantSilenceIdeas

It's a literary device, it's called a " metaphor" (meh-TA-for). English uses numerous literary devices, there are over 200.

I really wish sarcasm was more often easily detected through text. So, just for further clarification that was not a serious question and I do understand the English language. Is there a way to signify sarcasm in a post without putting it out on blast with flashing lights for all the world to see?

Anyways, back on topic, I assume that the new parchment that was found, which claimed Jesus had a wife could definitely have something to do with the reference of the church being the wife, and certain 'holy men' being 'married' to it. However, to me that is a boring end to a story, so I am hoping he got married to Mary Magdalene and Hollywood could turn the bible into a romantic comedy and all the teen girls can wear Team Jesus and Team Mary shirts (lame twilight reference).

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Satan is called the deceiver for a reason. How do you know his answer was not a deception?

Why would Jesus call him Satan if he really wasn't? If Jesus was god and god is unable to make mistakes then how could Jesus have made the mistake of calling someone Satan when they really weren't?

If Jesus did make that mistake then how could you possibly believe he was god in the flesh? God doesn't make mistakes like Jesus supposedly did. If he made that mistake then he is not perfect.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Why would Satan call himself out like that? That would kind of go against everything he was trying to achieve don't you think?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Satan is called the deceiver for a reason. How do you know his answer was not a deception?

Why would Jesus call him Satan if he really wasn't? If Jesus was god and god is unable to make mistakes then how could Jesus have made the mistake of calling someone Satan when they really weren't?

If Jesus did make that mistake then how could you possibly believe he was god in the flesh? God doesn't make mistakes like Jesus supposedly did. If he made that mistake then he is not perfect.

I already said. That was before Peter's infilling and baptism of the Holy Spirit. No Peter wasn't perfect, but he wasn't a complete idiot either. He had a good idea if Paul was teaching something evil or not. He just defined evil in his previous letter of 1 Peter. Okay, next Q... were ALL the apostles deceived/ idiots, read Acts 15.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Why would Satan call himself out like that? That would kind of go against everything he was trying to achieve don't you think?

Dude, he's an idiot! Why did he show up in the garden after getting the boot from heaven? Now instead of dealing with Adam he gets the Son of God. Could he leave well enough alone then? Nope, he kills Jesus and now instead of 1 Son of God he has to contend with over a billion.

He's a retard. He can't leave well enough alone. Were talking about the formerly anointed cherub who decided to get himself kicked out of HEAVEN. All throughout the Bible he makes one screw up after another, everytime he thinks he gets one over on God he gets shown up.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I wasn't speaking of Peter when I said perfect, I was referring to Jesus. How could Jesus make the mistake of calling Peter Satan if he was god? God does not make mistakes.

Judas betrayed Jesus so why wouldn't another of his apostles? Jesus called Peter Satan then Peter went on to lie about loving him. Why wouldn't Satan lie about that? He is a liar by nature.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Him not calling himself out seems to show some kind of intelligence.

You don't deceive people if you are stupid or retarded, especially on the scale on which you believe he deceives.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I wasn't speaking of Peter when I said perfect, I was referring to Jesus. How could Jesus make the mistake of calling Peter Satan if he was god? God does not make mistakes.

Judas betrayed Jesus so why wouldn't another of his apostles? Jesus called Peter Satan then Peter went on to lie about loving him. Why wouldn't Satan lie about that? He is a liar by nature.

Peter weeping showed he did love Christ. And Christ was speaking to satan who for all we know was whispering in Peter's ear to try and keep Jesus from the cross. But that's all conjecture, what happens in John 21:1-17 between Peter and Christ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join