It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feature to track which of your posts have been starred?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This..

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by operation mindcrime

There are plenty of reasons. Disregarding how I select who to would like to ignore for now the issue is that the threads today work very poorly, most people will only see the first and second pages of a thread and the last (this becomes obvious when you look on how posts are stared). There is no real quality control available stars seem to me at least an illusion to the "less bright", if one seeks to get starts there are plenty of ways to "game" others to provide them.

One major issue I have is the bug to navigate posts at times it fails to show the posts and puts me at the end of the thread in an empty page. Since posts are already by default a nightmare to navigate (they should be relationally linked not sequential) almost all dialogs are extremely hard to fallow, if theres posts between them. A foldable or tree structure would be ideal, again like the /. software (I think they have release it as opensource).

As an example of members I do not have any interest in knowing their opinion, those include fervent religious ones (including creationists), high mystics and the lunatics (no joke intended). I would also ignore those that defend adamantly positions that I do not support, therefore have no respect for. In return I would like the knowledge that could be able to reciprocate if they dislike my input. This would also help moderation, since confrontations, spam and some forms of thread derailment could only happen by connivance of from both sides.

In any case a ignore option would be simpler to implement a better solution would be an ignore filter by forum (I could finally get rid of all blatant US political chills that seems to invade all recent threads as soon as US policy is mentioned).

edit on 26-9-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

...eloquent reply I would not have read would the ignore button still excist.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I know this is a really old thread and I don't even know if anyone is even going to see this, but I curious to know if there is anywhere I can go on this sight where I can learn the meaning of these stars flags points and other stuff just so I can understand it. I've been a member here since early 2012 but I have been coming to this website since about 2009, I've always just posted my personal thoughts and feelings on here without regard to these points karma stars and flag stuff and I will continue to do so, I'm just curious as to what they all mean and what they are for

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

Probably the best source if you want to know all about the reward system is Schuyler's thread :

A Guide to the ATS Rewards System: Points, Flags, Stars, Karma and Wats

It should explain all.... Don't forget to flag!!

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

And if you start writing to win stars, it's no longer you doing the writing, it's the ATS audience that is controlling what you say.
reply to post by charles1952

That's not necessarily true. Some people want to know if others are agreeing with them. Having this feature would allow them to see, at a glance, which of their posts are of favorable value to the community. And a lot of time, people can agree with you and star your post, without typing a response. So you can have 10 stars of agreement, with no replies and there is no way of knowing it unless you check each one of your posts to see the number of stars. Having this feature would make make it easier and more efficient.

****** I just realized this was an old thread*******

edit on 26-10-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Operation mindcrime thank you for directing me to a thread that explained all of that to me, I didn't know there we a whole game to being here on ATS. Now I know not to even concern myself with all of that, I come to this website for the sharing of ideas and communicating with other people like myself who are here to look at things in life from different and unique perspectives and to share those ideas with others who are not here to insult the possibilities that things in life are not all as we were taught, but the potential that things could fall into the realm of the unorthodox theories that we hear about from fantasy stories like Atlantis being real, or ancient aliens theories, or secret moon bases.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is just looking for social approval in other words.

Who cares what posts were starred.

check my feature link below now thats a idea worth doing.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

This is just looking for social approval in other words.

This is a community after all. We're here to share thoughts, opinions and information. If a particular thread or post of yours gets starred, it means that whatever you said, added value to the community members. I think that's pretty cool information to know. For instance, I check for stars occasionally. Not to seek approval from the community, but to see if there are any members who've been positively impacted by what I said. It tells me that my response and the effort put into it, was of some import to the members of the community. At a glance. A novelty perhaps, but I like the feature.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join