It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney, Obama Move Over - Latinos Ready for Latino President, Poll Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The majority of Latinos believe the United States is ready to elect a Hispanic president, but there are still some reservations about the prospect of it happening during this generation, according to an exclusive Fox News Latino poll released this week. The poll, which surveyed 887 likely Latino voters, found that 48 percent believe the U.S. would have been ready to elect a Latino president this year, male or female, compared to 40 percent who said no and 12 percent who are undecided. Read more: latino.foxnews.com...

Talk about politics, 40% of the United States of America says, they're ready for a Hispanic American President. But is "America" really ready to take that next step?

"Just look at the incredible and very real anti-Latino climate right now," Davila said. "We [Americans] are not even at the point where we can imagine Latinos as Americans without any hesitation or questions."

Sooner or later, these questions were bound to pop up and let me tell you. We have an African-American in office right now who is suppose to be doing his job for the American people but, we see the opposite from an first-person point of view and he isn't on our side for our best interest.

Now, we have the idea for an Hispanic President who "may" run for office. Will we see one or is this just an idea of what direction this country maybe headed in the near future.

Remember everyone, if you stay asleep long enough in the coming years, you may wake up in a "brand new America"

Any thoughts or comments and remember keep it clean.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

It says it surveyed some 8xx likely Latino voters.

So that is 40% of those surveyed, not the entire United States.

Although, I do not, personally, base my vote on cultural / racial / religious background. Seems illogical. If a candidate represented my views on politics / the constitution, accordingly, I'd vote for them.

Peace.
edit on 20-9-2012 by QUANTUMGR4V17Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Why are you afraid of a Latino President?

That is what it seems like to me. I apologize if that is not the case.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa

I am afraid of having a nation where people elect public officials based on RACE rather than any other criteria as a primary motivator.

It's extremely illogical. We should be picking people based on their platform, their suggested policy reforms.

Are you afraid of an intelligent and articulate nation?
edit on 20-9-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
If we are voting based on RACE, I am choosing NATIVE AMERICAN because this is actually their land to begin with.

It's basically like all of us foreigners are arguing over which of us should rule this land. Blacks, Whites, or Hispanics? But no one suggests the local Natives.....

I am calling bs on this one.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I am afraid of having a nation where people elect public officials based on RACE rather than any other criteria as a primary motivator.

It's extremely illogical. We should be picking people based on their platform, their suggested policy reforms.

Are you afraid of an intelligent and articulate nation?
edit on 20-9-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

I say that voting against candidates because of their race is the lowest of the low.

I completely agree that we should be picking people based on their platform, which is why I asked the OP why it seems that he/she is afraid of a Latino President.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Meh...don't really care about the race of the individual.

I however, do care about their ethics and morals.

Are they ready to make the hard decisions, regardless of that it may cost them a second term.

I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Being as one has to be born in the U.S. to become President, I don't see where skin color should matter.
There is still controversy over the language as far as the parents are concerned.
Some constitutional scholars still disagree as to the actual definition of "eligibility"....

For a person to be born and raised in America should give any one the motivation to better their country by running for President if they so desire.

It's all about their views and where they stand on all the different policies.
If you like what they have to say, vote for them. If not, vote for the other guy......

However, that being said, I don't recall a pres. in the past that has had as much mystery surrounding their background as has Obama, with his lack of records and controversial birth certificate and social security number, among other things.

The media in the past has always gotten a hold of records of old college transcripts or their medical records and leaked them regardless of who was the pres. at the time. But not Obama.

So that in itself may cause a bump in the road for future non-white candidates.

Hopefully not.....

I remember in 2008, Bobby Jindal, Gov. of LA, his name was tossed around, and he's of Indian descent [India].
But there is still uncertainty as to whether or not he would be eligible to run, because of his parents.

But from what I've heard and read about him , he would be a good contender.

So no, it shouldn't matter if one is Hispanic, Black, White, Indian.....as long as they are for The People of America.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6

The majority of Latinos believe the United States is ready to elect a Hispanic president, but there are still some reservations about the prospect of it happening during this generation, according to an exclusive Fox News Latino poll released this week. The poll, which surveyed 887 likely Latino voters, found that 48 percent believe the U.S. would have been ready to elect a Latino president this year, male or female, compared to 40 percent who said no and 12 percent who are undecided. Read more: latino.foxnews.com...

O.k... tell me. What Latino potential candidates are out there who are legally eligible? What criteria do the Hispanic population use to gauge who should be this Latino President? Do they want this President to cater to their population specifically or for the whole country, Whites, Blacks, Muslim, Jew, Everybody. Who's party do they wish this candidate to be from, the republican, democrat, Independents, Tea Party or Other?

All these things must be known so we can better gauge this news.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

I remember in 2008, Bobby Jindal, Gov. of LA, his name was tossed around, and he's of Indian descent [India].
But there is still uncertainty as to whether or not he would be eligible to run, because of his parents.

But from what I've heard and read about him , he would be a good contender.

Take it from a Louisianian, I strongly disagree. Bobby has shown himself to be a two faced puppet who will side with the highest bidder, just as corrupt as all the rest of our politicians throughout the years. You do know La is known to be the wild west of politics...
edit on 20-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I am in no way making this racial however, we voted for a African American President to do a job and not base of his race. I am African American and I didn't vote on his race. I was happy and proud to see a black man in the office but that is about far as it goes.

Some African Americans thought it would be a good thing because it would possible benefit them and helping them to achieve goes in life and it will because anyone can be anything if they put their minds to it.

I know it is a sensitive topic and me being black and my wife being Hispanic, we both agree on this issue. This country is full of corruption and it comes in many forms, shapes, sizes and yes color.

You want to become a leader of this great nation, well lead us to success and make everyone's life, working abilities equally.

When Obama stepped into office, great!! But, who was he, where did he come from, how did he contribute to you and I and is he going to help us to move forward and to get us out of this mess?

If we do have an Hispanic President in our future, he better well be helping us all and not just for one of his own.

I think our country is giving out "freebies" to the ones that can come here yes, sometimes illegally and in my opinion I sure as hell not getting enough lead way where I can have it made because of "poor me"

Now the title say move over Obama, and Romney, Latinos are ready for a Latinos President. Does that mean, they want him/her become president simply because his race or his he/she is going to treat everyone and enforce this country laws equally without giving other people the upper hand.

So don't get all work up over this thread because, we have seen and talked about worse that was intended to be something that's is not.

Thank you for all of your opinions.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Who do you deem an electable Latino President?

Raul Grijalva (D) Arizona?

The dip$hit who encouraged the boycott of his own state?
www.azfamily.com...

edit on 20-9-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by sylent6

O.k... tell me. What Latino potential candidates are out there who are legally eligible? What criteria do the Hispanic population use to gauge who should be this Latino President? Do they want this President to cater to their population specifically or for the whole country, Whites, Blacks, Muslim, Jew, Everybody. Who's party do they wish this candidate to be from, the republican, democrat, Independents, Tea Party or Other?

All these things must be known so we can better gauge this news.

That is what I want to know. Will he cater to certain groups of people or will he embrace all of us as a whole to bring us out of this mess that we're in the first place?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Until we get our immigration policies sorted out (never), stop the flow of illegals running through this country (never), stop illegal drugs coming from Mexico (never), and stop catering to illegals to get everything hand and feet to them, WE ARE NOT READY!!!

Because when it does happen and nothing has change..since the past 20 years, you can kiss your peace of mind out the window..unless we're ready for CHANGE and that word along as gotten our butts in a whole basket full of nuts then, no we are not.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Guess you would know best.....

Oh well, I tried....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I'm not afraid of a Latino president... I'm afraid of the people that would vote for someone just because he's a Latino.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Who do you deem an electable Latino President?

Raul Grijalva (D) Arizona?

The dip$hit who encouraged the boycott of his own state?
www.azfamily.com...

edit on 20-9-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

I don't know of ANY electable president other than Ron Paul.

Do white presidents cater to only whites? No. Does Obama cater only to blacks? Hell no; he hasn't done anything for the black community. Why do people think that a latino president would be any different? Doesn't make sense.

There are only two kinds of races that matter now, rich people and poor people.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Mayor Julián Castro, of San Antonio.

A 38-year-old San Antonio native, Mayor Julián Castro is the youngest mayor of a Top 50 American city. First elected on May 9, 2009, Mayor Castro handily won re-election in 2011 with nearly 82 percent of the vote.

He's a rising star at the moment, and came across very well at the DNC.

Expect him to run for governor of Texas in 2014. (anybody but Perry)

Then Presidential run in 2024?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

I'm not afraid of a Latino president... I'm afraid of the people that would vote for someone just because he's a Latino.

Another problem that we have seen with Obama, and some people said that this would happen before he was ever elected.

Any one who disagrees with him is usually called a "racist ".
Even some posters on this site will call some one a racist if they speak out against Obama.

For me, it's about their policies and decision making. Leadership.....

But that's the only problem I can see so far about a non-white candidate.

People being called a bigot or racist if they don't agree due to their different views and thoughts on what ever the issue is at hand.
That's just not right.....

top topics

join