It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Not Harper?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I stumbled across an interesting site that I would like to share with anyone who is interested in the current political leadership of Canada. A little while ago I read this thread called "Stephen Harper wins ' World Statesman' Award for Being A Champion of Democracy, Freedom and Human Rights." [www.abovetopsecret.com...] This lead me to start thinking about all the things that Harper/his Conservatives, have been guilty of over the last 4 years. So tonight I stumbled onto a website which poses 25 points that summarize why Stephen Harper is not fit to lead this country and his government (which keeps growing while cuts are being made to domestic programs.) needs to be reconfigured before they should be allowed in office.

Although I do not agree with every point in this list, the majority of them I do. For full list, please visit Why Not Harper? And here are a few of my favorite points made about the corruption of the "Harper Government" (

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Yes, why did he win world statesman award? This thread courtesy of ModernAcademia puts it in perspective. Kind of like Obama winning the peace prize with nothing backing it up...it turned it into an empty award.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Gees I just drop in for a minute, and--
I believe Rick has wrapped it tightly, as per usual, in his rant I caught last night by chance...
Talk about your Canadian icons - Rick of course:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Thanks, that thread is in my original post. It is what actually got me thinking about all the corruption is government at this time. Its ironic how both the puppet leaders of North American have won awards that are not even remotely representative of the way they govern.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

If Harper is involved you can be sure that he will further sell us out at any cost to the New World Order agenda. He will bring our Country down to it's knees in weeping, destruction and regret.

I find it incredible that anyone would believe his proposed mandate or anything that he promotes. He is quickly dismantling the country replacing it with a militarized future. Our foreign policy also replaced with that of the U.S. shamelessly serving the corportations. Harper's engineering project of Canada is an experiment in the very same errors that are systematically destroying the U.S.

He has literally reversed 40 years of nation building in his short governance. Under Harper we are headed for destruction pure and simple. Canada is resembling a Canada of the United States. He is selling us out to the private sector. Thanks to his great vision the middle class has almost completely been destroyed. Should I keep going?

There is nothing good about Harper or his governement unless that is you are the elite and even then I would not trust him as far as I could throw him. He is a wolf incapable of even wearing sheep's clothing.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

And their are many more valid points. Number 16 is the one that gets me the most. Champion of Human Rights, my butt...

If money allocated to first nations was actually used for what is what allocated for, it might make a difference.
First nations are also very corrupt , and many band leaders misuse funds designated for more important things.

Many band members will attest to the corruption within their leadership.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I love when Rick Mercer quotes Stephen Harper on saying that "Omnibus bills are undemocratic, they are a slap in the face to MP's and voters."

Special applaud to 50 secs in when Rick says "I sound like a conspiracy theorist with a tin foil hat."

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

If money allocated to first nations was actually used for what is what allocated for, it might make a difference. First nations are also very corrupt , and many band leaders misuse funds designated for more important things. Many band members will attest to the corruption within their leadership.

I do agree with that, their is no real way to regulate the money they are spending in the first Nations. If you give it to the band leaders you may fall into a trap of corruption or mis-spending. Same if you send in a government representative. But this isn't JUST about First Nations. I find the whole point deplorable due to the fact that he doesn't even consider the UN resolution on making clean water a human right. Which is most definitely should be.

new topics

top topics

join