It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: 'This is a campaign about the 100 percent'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Romney: 'This is a campaign about the 100 percent'

"First of all, this is a campaign about the 100 percent. And over the last several years, you’ve seen greater and greater divisiveness in this country. We had hoped to come back together but instead you've seen us pulled apart," Romney said. "I am concerned about the fact that over the past four years, life has become harder for Americans." Advertise | AdChoices That represented a softer, more inclusive tone for Romney, who dropped language he had used on Fox News and with Republican donors about the comments reflecting the role of government in society. Later at a rally at an exposition center in Miami, Romney evoked his father, whose bootstrapping history he regularly references on the campaign trail, as an example of someone who benefited from government help without becoming dependent. "My dad was born in Mexico of Americans parents living there. At age 5 or 6 there was revolution. They came back to the United States, and my dad had to get help, financial help. The government helped his family be able to get on their feet again," Romney said. "By the way, that’s the way America works, we have great hearts; we care for people who have needs. We help get them back. We help lift them up but then they go back to their permanent lifestyle. We help people, we get them on their feet and they build a brighter future.”

That's right Romney's father was part of the 47% in fact he was practically the poster boy for the dream act. No one with a great heart could do the things he did while at Bain. Bankrupting companies and raiding employees retirements fund is not an act of a person with a great heart.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Romney's campaign is 100%.

100% BS. He'll say whatever it takes to smooth over the stupid things he's said. He wants to talk about divisiveness? He's doing all he can to divide the "haves" from the "have-nots".

Listening to the comments from the "secret tape", I seriously doubt his father came to mind when talking of "victims"... I doubt he thought of his father as a benefactor of wealth distribution or "entitlements"...
edit on 9/20/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

"This is a campaign about the 100 percent"

I wonder who the hell is writing this drivel for him. It literally makes me laugh out loud.
For example:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This campaign is 100% about the ones who support Romney just because they don't like Obama. Without this hatred for Obama, Romney wouldn't even make the news.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Any candidate will say whatever people want to hear to get elected, because there is no accountability once they get into power. Havent you figured it out yet?

Pretty words, written by speech writers, delivered by charismatic people, designed to play on your emotions.

Obama... Romney... Obama.... Romney.... IT DOESNT MATTER !!!.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I like how THIS entirely contradicts what he said in the video.

Notice how he now emphases on the "100%" and uses the word "we"...while in the video he was basically saying the 47% are all lazy freeloaders he doesn't care much for.

Yes..and he, with his millions of dollars, he is concerned about how life has become harder for many Americans.

HAHAHA..seriously where is the bucket? What a slime ball.

top topics

join