It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Unsolved X-files (Part 4)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I saw this thread and read through your different cases and then immediately tracked down the other three threads. All of them are VERY interesting and at times extremely creepy. I look forward to reading more of these. You should put links to your 4 threads in your signature to maximize exposure. S&F for all 4 threads from me

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

All of these threads are great thank you.

As far as the Viking lenses go, whoever made them the explanation is easy enough.
Trial and error made them as perfect as they are.
Some craftsman, or royal court wise man realized that curved shapes alter light and can magnify it.
So they tried and tried and made them.
There were probably some that went too far and those were either cut down and redone or thrown out.
Simple trial and error.

Heck we are even trying and making errors now a days in terms of lenses.
When they got the Hubble telescope up in space it wouldn't work.
Turns our the lack of gravity warps lenses, so they had to make a pair of "contacts" and correct the distortion.

Life is all about trial and error, we only see the successes from very long ago as the failures were destroyed.
Heck when I screw up a carving once I've learned from my mistake if I can't salvage it or cut it down for a smaller carving it goes in the fire pit.
The only thing people ever see are my successful competed works.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
These postings are simply wonderful!! I love to learn about these kinds of things, and thus my reason for joining ATS! S&F for you!! Now on to read thread 5...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
some of the most entertaining threads on this site, awesome job again sublimecraft.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join