It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Crop Cirlces aka Sand Circles caused by fish?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hey guys

Just saw this article about Fish making Underwater Sand circles and thought i would share it on here. Pretty interesting stuff.

Check it out here

www.spoon-tamago.com...

Alien Fish? lol

Enjoy

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
WOW! haha thats pretty cool if that fish really did make that. Thanks for sharing OP.

Star and flag

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Great find! It's just beautiful. A "mating mandala" for puffer fish? Who knew. Go fish! Thanks for posting, OP.
peace,
AB

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Great find, it's amazing how much we DON'T know about the ocean and those who live there.
This is my second "amazing animals" moment of the day, earlier I watched a show about Yellowstone where a fox listened for movement 4 feet below him in the snow, then he stops and dives in nose first, getting about three feet of air on the way in. Sure enough he comes up with a mouse or something. Meanwhile I'm debating whether I should walk all the way to the kitchen for an ice cream cone.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Why should humans have all the fun
Maybe the seagulls or some geese are making the crop circles in England

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

instead of seeing it on tv , you should see it in person some day. Much more impressive to watch the fox hunt in the winter in real life.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Doesn't it look like a jello mold or one of those glass things they used to have for grinding oranges into juice?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Wish my fish would make awesome things in their tank! Goldfish need to step their game up!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by Trublbrwing

instead of seeing it on tv , you should see it in person some day. Much more impressive to watch the fox hunt in the winter in real life.

A trip to Yellowstone is on the "hope to do soon list", I actually had no idea they could do that before today. I know people leave wrapped breakfast sandwiches and coffee next to sleeping homeless people in Manhattan, but I didn't know how a fox got his breakfast.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Alien fish

Obviously fish made with planks of wood and string.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
That's bloody awesome. Looks like a giant octopussy nest!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Light soul

Nature is truly amazing. Thanks for posting.

Before i got to the part in the article that explained how a fish is doing this, i was immediately reminded of this:

Warning: turn your sound down.

Chladni

Can fish whistle? Fins and tail, i know.
edit on 20-9-2012 by talklikeapirat because: warning

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
i didn't believe this was made by a fish until I read the article.

Well.. I gotta hand it to the little guy. If this cat don't get laid there is something wrong with the female puffer fish population. See, we humans been doing it backward all these years. Build house First then female will come.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
how can a mindless fish make precise geometric circles to neutralize current.

and why are similar fish, with similar brain capacity dumb as a rock.

the fish doesn't know what its doing, its operating on instinct. it doesn't need tools, or a protractor, or a plum line, or an architectural blueprint or help.

God really likes to screw with the evolutionists.

edit on 20-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
how can a mindless fish make precise geometric circles to neutralize current.

and why are similar fish, with similar brain capacity dumb as a rock.

the fish doesn't know what its doing, its operating on instinct. it doesn't need tools, or a protractor, or a plum line, or an architectural blueprint or help.

God really likes to screw with the evolutionists.

LOL.. I had to laugh at this. ( because the god comment was funny, not to be rude)

It was once taught that Humans are distinguished from animals because they made and used tools. Now we know many animals do make and use their own tools. Chimps make spears to hunt with. They can process information better and faster than humans as shown by doing concentration like exercises on a computer. They can even remember on a blank screen where the concentration numbers used to be and point them out in the exact order from 1 to whatever. Humans trying this compared to the chimps failed miserably. These chimps aren't acting on instinct. They are really using cognitive thinking. Who's to say this fish isn't also using cognitive thinking in it's own way? It could be many of the things we take for instinct are not instinct at all - thats just how science choose to label these observations because they could not accept that these animals could be thinking on their own.
edit on 20-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This is really awesome! Thumbs up OP and star!

top topics

join