Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Tax Cuts Are Destroying America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Tax cuts is not "spending" like the Democrats twist the definitions around.

Spend less and you don't need to collect as much taxes.

Earned income is not the governments money, it's that individuals money.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Tax cuts work but you also have to keep spending in check. That's what JFK did and what Reagan tried to do but was unable to do (due to the fact he had a democratically controlled congress).

Use that same chart and compare it to spending, you will find a coloration between the two. Also if you look at the tax rate versus the amount of money the government takes in you will also notice a coloration there as well.

The more a dollar is allowed to circulate the more time is is taxed. Hence you can have a one time high tax rate and collect only once or you can have a vastly lower tax rate and collect multiple times. Its a balancing act.

The Current problem is not taxes are too low. Its spending is too damn HIGH! ! ! ! ! !

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

How does increasing tax collections to the government help the economy? How does that make company’s invest more and create more jobs?
edit on 20-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The rich control the government so don't expect them to raise their own taxes. They have the power and don't care about the people any more because they don't have to.They will sit in their mansions and continue to find more ways of getting what wealth the people still have, which these days ain't much.

Of course trickle down doesn't work. The money goes to the top and that is where it stays. That's the idea behind trickle down.The system is now so broken I don't see how it can be repaired. We need to stop buying into the baloney put forth by the rich politicians. They have no interest in helping the rest of us. They don't have to. But we keep electing them term after term. Neither party offers a valid alternative. Two sides of the same coin.

Clearly the two party system doesn't work. Neither party offers anything but policies that benefit themselves and their rich cronies. They give corporations the ability to not pay ANY taxes. They allow the flagerant violation of regulations that were put in place to stop the corporations from running rough shod over the people and the environment all the while making their buddies more rich as well as themselves.

Ever notice how a candidate starts out in the first term not well off and then after getting elected to a higher office or to several terms in the same office they are majically well off? Ever wonder how that happens? Do I have to go into detail here? I've been seeing this happen for years. They're all crooks,all of them, they're nothing but scociopaths who only care about themselves. It's there to see, all you have to do is look.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
corporate tax breaks should be directly tied to hiring employees.

example, if you hire 100 new employees you qualify for 10% credit and keep more profit.

but since corporations pay nearly zero in taxes any ways, any such program is a waste of time.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It would seem that your statistical data does not support your hypothesis. Further more, it would seem that the collapse of free market expansion, engineered through tax hikes, is the real culprit.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

example, if you hire 100 new employees you qualify for 10% credit and keep more profit.

but since corporations pay nearly zero in taxes any ways, any such program is a waste of time.

Taxes should neither be used as a carrot or a stick. Taxes should be paid, unfortunately, with as minimal issue at all. A flat tax, with no write-offs, no loop holes, no exemptions, should be enacted.

That way EVERYONE can pay their fair share.

EVERYONE.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This thread is the prime example why the income tax should be abolished if the us government can not be solvent with the taxation it already collects screw them do what everyone else does cut their own spending.

Out of the billions of gas sold every year in this country the government gets a percent.
Out of everything produced in this country the government gets it's percentage,.

Everything that can be bought or sold the Government gets it's percentage and here we are where someone saids the government needs gets a bigger percentage and eff Us.

Hell no.
edit on 20-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by randomname

Taxes should neither be used as a carrot or a stick. Taxes should be paid, unfortunately, with as minimal issue at all. A flat tax, with no write-offs, no loop holes, no exemptions, should be enacted.

That way EVERYONE can pay their fair share.

EVERYONE.

Yet, I couldn't agree with you more

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is hilarious. This is the same as saying my income went down 10% but I didn't adjust my budget accordingly and now I'm in debt. Am I in debt because my income went down or because I didn't adjust my spending? Think about it.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Great thread and I think many here weren't fooled by "trickle downenomics" and realized it for the sham it is...

Increasing taxes isn't necessarily the answer though either...in SOME cases increasing taxes indirectly increases profits for specific big business....

If you have a business, company, or corporation that is contracted or serviced by the government...your business is getting tax dollars as profits...ala HALLIBURTON...and any other government contracted private business...

If the taxes you pay are less than the profit you gain from the tax money government spends on your business services, then taxes are moot issue for you at that point. More taxes just means you can raise your prices and the government can afford it...ala HALLIBURTON and 150$ bag of laundry services and LEASED NEW vehicles...

Lets think about the rich and how they invest in the above corps...tax them more and they will get it right back from the government through their increasing stock value from their investment in that corp that just scored that major government contract...

I would like to see the investment portfolios of the worlds elite and how many of their invested ventures include corps that are contracted by the government to provide goods/services...

If I was a betting man I would say at least 75% investment ratio in government contracted corps...

TAXES are only a major concern for the middle class....taxes pay for a lot of the lower classes welfare/unemployment programs...that the middle class is "too well off" to utilize...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If the poor and the wealthy don't pay taxes, I don't think they should be allowed to vote!

The wealthy will always vote for the person giving them a break.

The poor will always vote for the person giving them a break.

If you paid federal income taxes, then you should be able to vote.

Instead of voter ID, just bring in last years returns.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
If the poor and the wealthy don't pay taxes, I don't think they should be allowed to vote!

The wealthy will always vote for the person giving them a break.

The poor will always vote for the person giving them a break.

If you paid federal income taxes, then you should be able to vote.

Instead of voter ID, just bring in last years returns.

Would be a good idea if voting even mattered....but I think its becoming more and more apparent that voting is a ruse...a pacification tool...an illusion...

there is no consequence in being forbidden from participating in an illusion...that perpetuates more illusions...
edit on 20-9-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Tax cuts for the rich and corporations do not help the economy, they hurt it, badly.

Yeah well, no tax policy of any type will do any good with a totally lawless "government" in the mix. I define one aspect of "lawless" as direct government participation in criminal fraud ....... followed by refusal to prosecute overt criminal fraud by Wall Street.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Basic Economic Lesson – Read Below:

G > T = I - S

G < T = S - I

G = T < I + S

G = Government Spending

T = Taxes

S= Savings

I= Investments

edit on 20-9-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-9-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

He is a wallstreet douche because he works on wallstreet. Nearly everything the guy says is moronic and he routinely degrades the poor and thinks they are poor because "they don't work hard enough".
Please stop listening to him, he is nothing but dis-info. Like I said, he is out of touch with reality, and is nothing but a free market Romney.

Again, the NJ example isnt a good one. "See see see, they got tax breaks and they still fired people!"

lol? Have you not looked at the whole country. All of the outsourcing?

Would the companies have collapsed altogether like so many other corporations did during that period?

No. Cambells soup is a billion dollar industry.
edit on 20-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm not advocating anything, I don't like the idea of federal income taxes. All I'm doing is stating the reality of tax cuts on our current reality.

You can think taxes are evil, but advocating tax cuts for the rich, RIGHT NOW, is doing nothing but advocating feudalism.

You have to separate your beliefs on how the country should be ran , to what they would do in this current reality.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Uhhh......that's a regressive anti-freedom mindset.

So you think that all the retired people should not be able to vote? College students? Disabled people?

You're nothing but a totalitarian bigot, like most Tea Partiers.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

A flat tax is not fair, it affects the rich less than the middle and poor classes. It would do nothing but INCREASE the wealth gap in this country.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The problem isn't the tax cuts, the problems is doing them and then not paying for them. And instead of half the Government saying "hey you know what that was a bad idea." They not only refuse to lift the temporary tax cuts, but field a candidate that wants to double down on not only the tax cut idea but the multiple wars one that was unpaid for as well. Republicans run up the bills and then start screaming about the deficit and debt. They ran up the debt in the 80's and then screamed about it in the early 90's and they are doing it now. It is a dog and pony show for the most easily fooled.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join