It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Western report - Iran ships arms, personnel to Syria via Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

I think we're just coming at this from radically different sides of opinion. You keep using words like hide and caught....

Iran is doing nothing WRONG or to hide FROM. Why aren't they using Iranian Air Force planes? Well that's a fair question...although it's somewhat moot there anyway. Maybe these are better planes. Perhaps it's just as simple as the pilots prefering this platform to the big noisy cargo models.

However, who in their right mind in the Middle East and working Air Traffic Control areas honestly thinks it's an airliner full of happy civilians leaving Tehran for Damascus during a time when shooting is actively happening all over Syria? How many before the unrest even broke out would have made that mistaken assumption?

I think a few nations ...and perhaps only a few fit this...but a few really don't need 'AIR FORCE' down the side of the plane for the point to be made. Myanmar, Iran, North Korea,....and some others... If it's not obvious, it's fair to assume when the origin and destination all but scream the purpose.

However, back to the basics here. The UN doesn't own or even control the world. The United States SURE as hell doesn't control the world...although our leaders like to think they do too often these days. So aside from making choices of preference, what is Iran doing WRONG here?

Some ignorant bean counters in New York and Geneva say Iran can't send material to their good and historic friends in Syria and they're supposed to stop everything on the spot? Yeah... Right.....and that works SO WELL when other nations tell US to knock off what we're doing around the world, eh?

Here's a grand idea..... STOP MAKING WAR IN SYRIA...our leaders could be told...then Iran wouldn't NEED to send weapons and men to keep Assad from being raped and murdered in a street like Gadaffi. The WEST is, sadly, who is driving this...and it kills me to admit, but the truth is what it is.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
if it was another country doing this - you know, one that we weren't trying to go to war with, would this have even been news?

Probably not because I doubt it would be public information to begin with. Looks like the CIA-liason to Reuters earned his pay for this week

new topics

<< 1   >>

join