It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ads with sound

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Flags do not attract staff - posting in the board and business questions forum and using the complaint, contact TAN, or alert functions do.

There is a thread to complain about ads here. that is the proper venue to discuss these things. Not many privately owned forums would extend a courtesy such as allowing members to complain about advertising - and actually take those complaints into account and act upon them out of respect for their membership. ATS does.

And discussions of ad blocking software is against the ATS Terms & Conditions you agreed to upon creating an account here. Discussing them can result in account banning rather quickly.

Hefficide
ATS Moderator
edit on 9/21/12 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Point proven.. I posted one word above in a post that was against t/c and the thread was removed. However still no mod has come on this thread and given a reason for the intrusive ads with sounds...

It does not make good surfing when you have an array of tabs open and one of them starts sounding off.... For your lack of a response... Poor show ATS.....

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I'd refer to you the post directly above the one I am replying to. And what exactly does it prove to say "I broke T&C and my post was removed"?

Of course it was removed, it violated T&C.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
This thread belongs in members, because I represent them in saying that I do not appreciate the ads with sound that are put on the live page. A lot of us are trying to view ATS when in work or class and don't appreciate the interruption. Even when you're not at work (like myself) we're often times listening to music or watching something while viewing ATS and can't just mute our computers.

Seems that the owners of the site try to put them back on every month or two and it's incredibly irritating

Let me know if you agree [/quote

DAMN STRAIGHT!! ABSOLUTELY ANNOYING!

I was just thinking of asking the mods about this crap, either put in a system so you can turn them off or get rid of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh just turn one off again.

I am even thinking of stopping using this site altogether

PLEASE PLEASE GET RID OF THEM, EITHER THEY GO, OR I GO (sigh another one just went off)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I'd refer to you the post directly above the one I am replying to. And what exactly does it prove to say "I broke T&C and my post was removed"?

Of course it was removed, it violated T&C.

~Heff

Thank you for your reply..and thank you for my slap on the wrist warning for the posting of a single word. You as a MOD and management are happy to curtail my activity on this thread. How about you act like a MOD and go and find an official response for the topic bought up in this thread...

Show some respect to the hundreds of thousands of members that use ATS. In this occasion I belief that ATS has crossed the line. We have to abide by your terms and conditions. You should show some common courtesy and abide by ours..

Sound sucks and can ruin our surfing experience..

Yours awaiting a response..

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Flags do not attract staff - posting in the board and business questions forum and using the complaint, contact TAN, or alert functions do.

Could this thread not be moved to a more apt forum....

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I did address the issue of this thread, about five posts ago:

There is a thread to complain about ads here. that is the proper venue to discuss these things. Not many privately owned forums would extend a courtesy such as allowing members to complain about advertising - and actually take those complaints into account and act upon them out of respect for their membership. ATS does.

And discussions of ad blocking software is against the ATS Terms & Conditions you agreed to upon creating an account here. Discussing them can result in account banning rather quickly.

Hefficide
ATS Moderator
edit on 9/21/12 by Hefficide because: typo

In all honesty this thread will likely be closed and redirected to the appropriate ad complaint thread by a moderator who is assigned to this forum before long.

There is a thread to complain about ads - I challenge you to find another site of this type on the web that offers this to their members. Truly most of them simply instaban anyone who complains about ads or staff. We do not.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Hefficide
ATS Moderator

Hmm, just went to review the T&C's and this is all I found regarding ad blocking:

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

Nothing about discussion of ad blockers or the concept of ad blocking. I did a string search of "ad block" and found no other instance of it there. Now I can understand that someone endorsing or encouraging ad blocking would fall under this aegis, but just discussing it appears to violate no rules. For that matter, the first time I learned of the ad blocking T&C was when someone on some thread mentioned it. Seems very weird to ban someone for just pointing out a T&C.

But, hey, thanks for pointing out the "correct" thread to post to regarding advertising issues.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

There is a thread to complain about ads - I challenge you to find another site of this type on the web that offers this to their members. Truly most of them simply instaban anyone who complains about ads or staff. We do not.

Please do not forget ATS would be nothing without its members...I would challenge you to find another site with such a diverse range and free thinking individuals as is found on ATS. I do not think most members of ATS are against ads. It is understood they are needed to maintain the site. The complaint is about a specific type of ad. That interferes with websurfing.

Instead of closing this thread why do you not try and address the issues raised in it..... That if you cared for your members would be the compos mentis thing to do... Maybe nothing can be done about this kind of ad. Maybe we as members will just have to bit the pillow. But a official response would adleast show that ATS is listening..

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I have no control over the ads, SkepticOverlord does - thus the referral to the thread HE created as a means of dealing with the problem. He checks that thread daily - or close to it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Okay this is quite enough

If you have a Complaint about something, we have a perfectly functioning Complaint Feature that you can certainly use

Closing this before someone loses their posting privileges.

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join