Apple Commandeered My Ipad Tonight

page: 5
27
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
As silly as this sounds, it really happened! I went to logon to my local hotspot, and my Ipad wouldn't let me. Instead, I was presented with a full page ad for the new Iphone 5. It was similar to a browser page, but without any controls. Every page was clickable and took you all around their info on purchasing various Apple items. Just like being online, except, I wasn't online! I never was even given a chance to agree to the terms of my hotspot log on. My email, browser etc.. didn't work and I had no internet. It was like this for over 30 minutes. No matter what I did, or shut off, it would not go away. Finally I walked away from it for an hour, came back and the Apple crap was gone. I will never buy anything Apple again!


....sounds like what politicians do to us all the time, promising this and that, never doing what they say they're going to and then ........... YES, we turn around and vote the bass-turds in again and again and again.

So do I believe you'll never buy another Apple product ?

NO.......




posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I love(d) Apple - I have an iPhone, iPad and an old MacBook.

But they're such an ARROGANT company now - they're constantly throwing ridiculous lawsuits around, patenting EVERYTHING without actually innovating anymore, trying to lock people into their proprietary tech (they don't even fit macs with bluray players because they want everyone buying movies from their expensive iTunes store uggghhh) Everyone is buying apple products for the name and it just seems totally ridiculous now. The iPhone 5 is really disappointing, yet everyone is going to buy it even though the new Samsung Galaxy is better in almost every way. It's almost like a cult or something



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by chr0naut
 


Just did and I don't see this anywhere. Can you point me to it?


It's implicit in the bar on modification and reverse engineering of the product.

It has been used successfully in a legal challenge by Apple to sue a company that was attempting to produce Mac clones a few years ago.



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Internet Explorer

It's almost like a cult or something




Remember when Steve Jobs said the Apple Board of Directors were the "Navy"? And why he quit working for them?

When Russia collapsed due to debt the way America avoided it was Ronald Reagan. He had each Federal Agency set up a Trust Fund and put a little money in it and told them to go out and invest to to have something to operate off of.

DOD's Military Retiree Trust Fund now has enough money in it to pay the nations retired military for 10+ years without 1 penny of Federal Appropriations....that Trust Fund has grown like MAD....and it's only 1 of their Trust Funds. I think that Trust Fund owns Monsanto.

Steve Jobs told ya.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by Internet Explorer

It's almost like a cult or something




Remember when Steve Jobs said the Apple Board of Directors were the "Navy"? And why he quit working for them?

When Russia collapsed due to debt the way America avoided it was Ronald Reagan.


The post to which you are "replying" was about how iPhone stacks up against Samsung products. You are talking about Reagan. This is such an extreme non-sequitur that it's almost disturbing.

It's like
"I'm having trouble with my cable modem"
"Look, Walt Disney was a genius"

And no, Russia did not "collapse due to debt".



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thats because its an apple product and they like to control and limit every aspect of their products, while they may make good and overpriced products, their constant hold overthat consumers through proprietary everything amaizes me why anyone would by a crapple product anyway. Jmho.



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So.. nothing on my wife's IPad. Nothing on my buddies IPad at work. hmm.. must be a new marketing technique. Sending an add for a new IPhone to some guy from ATS and no one else. Googled it.. nothing. Asked my brother.. nada.

Only you OP, with your magically networked Ipad 2.



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
As silly as this sounds, it really happened! I went to logon to my local hotspot, and my Ipad wouldn't let me. Instead, I was presented with a full page ad for the new Iphone 5. It was similar to a browser page, but without any controls. Every page was clickable and took you all around their info on purchasing various Apple items. Just like being online, except, I wasn't online! I never was even given a chance to agree to the terms of my hotspot log on. My email, browser etc.. didn't work and I had no internet. It was like this for over 30 minutes. No matter what I did, or shut off, it would not go away. Finally I walked away from it for an hour, came back and the Apple crap was gone. I will never buy anything Apple again!


May have come from the hot spot you was logged into. Just a thought.



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus
 


I too have just about every version of apple "I" products, and most of them access wifi. I have yet to see such a screen on my iPad 2. May it perhaps be a regional thing, or even perhaps advertisement by the free wifi access site?
So I guess my opinion is close to yours... Just thought I'd add in my 2 cents. I owned an iPhone 4, and now have an android- one of the new dual core processor ones. Much happier now.

Peace!
SK



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
So.. nothing on my wife's IPad. Nothing on my buddies IPad at work. hmm.. must be a new marketing technique. Sending an add for a new IPhone to some guy from ATS and no one else. Googled it.. nothing. Asked my brother.. nada.

Only you OP, with your magically networked Ipad 2.


Well maybe you ought to take up reading so you can see that at least two others had the same "bug". And I am not "some guy". Once again, if you read this thread, you would see that I carry a purse.



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi
 


Yeah I thought that was perhaps an option to entertain. Even mentioned the thought in two separate posts. But several other members mentioned that it was an Apple server bug that they aso encountered. So I figured, yeah, it was a server bug. But like I said in my last post on the previous page, this bug proves that Apple has the ability to take our internet down. This is what bothers me more than anything. Not that it was down, but that Apple could take it down...



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by HomerinNC
If they wanna watch me thru my iphone or my ipad, let them, I lead a very boring life


Apple marketing tries to cover all population segments, including exhibitionists. This strategy apparently works.

lol all theyd see me do is play crysis and read....boring to some folk



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports
 


Not quoting you in preparation for when the mods remove your obnoxious post. Ripping folks apart is not a healthy way to boost your self esteem. Good day.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina
 


Funny enough, it's been happening to mee too lately. I'll take a screenshot next time it happens so we can compare. I have a sneaking suspicion it's malware of some sort and not a legitimate Apple advertisement. Although, it only appeas to happen when I visit ATS on the iPad. I'd even go as far as drawing a relation to the new ATS ads that have been preventing me from browsing the forum lately ....



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought
 





iCal debuted on July 17, 2002 at the MacWorld Expo in New York.


Source





new topics
top topics
 
27
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join