It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police officers are going nuts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

"Police Officers are going nuts" and you post the story of one police officer going nuts...Perhaps a better title would have been, "Police Officer Assaults Woman in Wheelchair."

There are almost a million police officers (state & local) in the US, there probably are a few with problems considering the numbers. The title makes it sound like every officer has gone off his/her rocker and attacking citizens...the evidence doesn't back it up.

I woke up to this in my inbox this morning:

School Police Officer arrested for 23 counts of sexual abuse of students
Veteran Chicago cop charged with bribery
Glendale officer arrested for DUI
Officer arrested for fraud

I'm notified by some Google Alerts queries I've set up. I get at least three new stories an hour of cops behaving less than admirably.

"One" story and a "few" bad apples doesnt apply. It never has. Statistically as a population there are more misbehaving individuals in law enforcement than there are in the general population. Statistically law enforcement are more likely to suffer mental problems, depression, anger issues, emotional problems, and they are more likely to self-medicate with alcohol or other drugs.

This is the truth. And not from some anti-cop sources either. These facts come from their own publications and studies many of which are collected here should you care to investigate.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
He could have been influenced by that drug that can be blown into your face - the name of the drug escapes me for the moment.

Also, the affinity for the four year old boy, the child could be the officers by an affair with the wheelchair bound mother in better days. Reading between the lines, of course.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Not one persons toxicology report has been positive for bath salts. I still think it is the rabbies flu hybrid virus that escaped from the research facility prior to the march incident. The lab was reported to leave doors open which breached containment.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick

"Police Officers are going nuts" and you post the story of one police officer going nuts...Perhaps a better title would have been, "Police Officer Assaults Woman in Wheelchair."

There are almost a million police officers (state & local) in the US, there probably are a few with problems considering the numbers. The title makes it sound like every officer has gone off his/her rocker and attacking citizens...the evidence doesn't back it up.

I agree. So cops are people and sometimes they have issues. When you get to numbers that large of course people go nuts. It reminds me of all the talk about postal workers for a long time because you would see a story every year or so about a postal worker going nuts, again because their are so many of them logic would dictate that some of them will lose it. Also I will not note the irony of a place like ATS talking about people going nuts.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
this is kinda funny.They pretty much blew a couple holes in your theories and post here.Don't get mad and say "just stay off my thread." people can post as they please.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
YET ANOTHER COP WINS A TRIP TO HAWAII!

Please give this man an all (taxpayer paid) expense trip to some place tropical! (WOOT!)

Paid Administrative leave form on your left. Remember bonuses only offered for shootings or tasing incidents only!

Abuse verbally will get you an extra paid vacation day and physical abuse will get you a week!
And remember if you are fired please apply at the next county, city or state and you will be sure to be re-hired immediately! As the background checks are irrelevant for fine citizens like this!

This message was brought to you by...

You, the apathetic tax payer who allows this to continue...please show your papers on the way in and out and thank you!
edit on 20-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Does it matter that he is a cop? Last I knew he was human like me and you. And while yes it is true cops are held to a higher standard they have the same #ing problems as the rest of us and can flip a switch just like anyone as well.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

It matters because some of us see a general trend from protect and serve to intimidate and harm. We wonder about the prison system, drug laws, class warfare, loss of personal freedoms and many other factors. We wonder if the police will follow any law no matter the justice and have or will become just a tool in the pocket of power; or could the police still in someway serve the people they are sworn to protect. We realize that police officers are human as the rest and there is no one or easy answer yet still we wonder how much we have to fear.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I'll make whatever accusations I feel like. Stay off my threads, I dont deal with people that come to websites with the singular purpose of trolling police threads.

First, I never said you could not make accusations.

Second, I would hope if one were to make such an accusation it would be supported with SOME evidence or fact.

Based on your response I assume you have no evidence to support said accusation.

Third, I'll go on any thread I feel like. Try not to get so upset because my basic question revealed exactly what this thread is and what your agenda is.

And, based on other reactions to your thread, I am not the only one who can smell what you are shoveling.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Please give this man an all (taxpayer paid) expense trip to some place tropical! (WOOT!)

Paid Administrative leave form on your left. Remember bonuses only offered for shootings or tasing incidents only!

The officer is not getting paid.

Lee was taken to the Crisis Center at Capital Health Regional Medical Center, where he remains. He has been suspended without pay from the police department. Lee was on-duty at the time of the incident.

This is directly from the source article.

Not only is he not getting paid, he was criminally charged for his actions so I am pretty sure he is not going on a trip to Hawaii any time soon.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

My agenda? pointing out that a cop went crazy and adding another thread to the countless news articles of police misdeeds? Sorry bub but I was only pointing out that I am not ever going to dignify you with a thought out response. If the media can blame insane acts on drugs with no evidence then I sure as hell can too. Now dont expect any more responses from me in the future as they will be ignored

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think people in general are going nuts. You should see the kids at school this year - OMG! This isn't normal.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, since no one answered my question concerning the statistics on police brutality which must be running rampant throughout the US, let me answer it myself.

According to policebrutality.info which is a "very conservative website", they show that between April 2009 and June 2010 there were 5,986 reports of police misconduct. Holy crap, that's a lotta misconduct!

According to the best statistical data I can find, which isn't much and if someone has better numbers, please let me know, I found that in 2006 there were 861,000 police officers and detectives.

So, abra cadabra, we have a percentage of .006 of police officers involved in misconduct over a 14 month period. Which means that 99.994% of all police officers and detectives were NOT involved in misconduct. Those are pretty damning numbers and prove that "The Police Have Truly Gone Nutz."

The above cited website also shows that in 2010 there were 2,541 reports of misconduct, of those, 23.3% (592)were for excessive force and 10.6% (269) were sexual misconduct. Lock your doors, grab your guns and await the jackbooted fascist bullyboys when they come a knockin!

If there is better data, please let me know. I ain't so good in lookin' stuff up on these here interwebs.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The good part of all of this is, that it appears the government is beginning to take seriously the misdeeds of it's agents and at least in some of the more blatant cases, is applying the pressure of law against them.

I am glad to see that those abusing their powers are starting to suffer the consequences of their unlawful actions. This is a good sign and hopefully the pattern will continue and increase.

If the officers that are meant to uphold and defend the law are breaking it without repercussions, than there is no law left to defend or uphold. By reigning in the criminal elements, we can restore the sanctity of our society and of our agents of governance.

I want to see a whole lot more examples of holding government officials accountable for their crimes before I will consider the issue near resolution. I will exercise patience and I will implore all officers who are tasked with upholding and defending the law to seek out and rout all sources of unlawful activity within their ranks.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

My agenda?

Yes your agenda. Not evidenced in this thread alone but the countless others in which you have expressed your hatred for and total bias against police.

Now, it is your right to hate whatever or whomever you choose. It is also my right, as well as numerous others who have voiced their opinion against you, to point out that you are a little outside of reasonable when it comes to your appraisal of the police.

Case in point, this very thread in which we speak.

Is it not true that an undiagnosed mental imbalance could cause said behavior from the accused police officer? Is it not true that an undiagnosed brain tumor could cause such a dramatic diversion from normal behavior?

I will admit that psychotropic drug use COULD be to blame. I will also admit that just plain old criminal behavior COULD be to blame.

The officer's own department even concedes those possibilities because they CHARGED him instead of just taking him to the hospital and solely blaming it on an undiagnosed condition.

So instead of his own police department making the decision, where an obvious conflict of interest can be seen, it is now up to a medical professional, who is independent from the police department, to rule in or out an undiagnosed mental condition.

If no medical condition is found, then the officer will have to stand trial. If an undiagnosed medical condition is found, then it will be up to the court to decide if he is criminally responsible.

Either way, he most likely will never be a police officer any longer.

Instead of being reasonable and letting the facts be presented, you automatically blame the officer's actions solely on drug use and then ask those reading how it makes them "feel."

Obviously people are disgusted at the actions of the police officer, undiagnosed mental condition or not.

Sorry bub but I was only pointing out that I am not ever going to dignify you with a thought out response.

That much is very clear.

If the media can blame insane acts on drugs with no evidence then I sure as hell can too.

Which acts are you referring to?

Now dont expect any more responses from me in the future as they will be ignored

Look, ignoring me is not going to make my post, which others will read, go away. So, you can either engage me with well though out argument supported by facts or evidence. Or, you can ignore me and my arguments can go unanswered. Rest assured though that others WILL be reading and I will not ignore you.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The question is:

How are they going to spin this one ?

I think no matter what excuse they use, people won't buy it.

There is nothing that could have justified what he did....ever

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

This sounds to me that possibly the police officer is the father of the 4 year old boy. The man at the scene was the Grandfather and I don't think it identified the relation of the woman in the wheelchair. The officer kept saying "Give me the boy" so that makes me think the child might be fathered by him and we aren't getting the full story yet...or he's flipped his lid completely.

It's just speculation and me trying to make sense of this bizarre action by cop.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
not the first time i hear cases like this
they all share a similar patern ..
somebody apparently good going bersek for no apparent reasons

my best guest would be ghost/demonic possession !
cops goes to all kind of dirty places during their work shifts
places that got a lot of bad energy filled with anger, violence and death
maybe there is a spirit of anger who knew the victims that attached itself to the cop
he probably never saw those 2 persons before
the only thing he will remember .. his blackout

so lets not accuse this cop of going nuts to fast
until we know more details

being a cop is one of the most stressfull and dangerous job in the world
you really need to have a strong will and a big heart to stay focus all the time
now imagine how many cops could be potentialy possessed these day ?
going bersek all the time beating innocent victims
edit on 9/20/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010
reply to post by abeverage

The officer is not getting paid.

Lee was taken to the Crisis Center at Capital Health Regional Medical Center, where he remains. He has been suspended without pay from the police department. Lee was on-duty at the time of the incident.

This is directly from the source article.

Not only is he not getting paid, he was criminally charged for his actions so I am pretty sure he is not going on a trip to Hawaii any time soon.

AWESOME! Remember this was not his first offense he just finally got caught. I hope this also means he can NEVER apply as a police officer anywhere in the US!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

That was my first thought as well. Steroids, and probably some other drugs as well, perhaps coc aine or amfetamine . That being a nice thing to say since it wold take away the option of the police officer just being mad.

Are police officers being regularly tested for drugs? They sure should be.
edit on 21-9-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join