It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Company Selling Tungsten filled Gold Bars online.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There have been a few threads on Tungsten in gold bars on ATS like
this one but did you know in the land of the fake goods aka china a company is
selling these things online and sells them as a perfect copy that can't be spotted by
x-ray or weigh.

How to Make Gold-plated Tungsten Alloy Bar?

Start with a tungsten alloy about 1/8-inch smaller in each dimension than the tungsten alloy golden bar you want, then cast a 1/16-inch layer of real pure gold all around it. This product would feel right in the hand, and tungsten alloy golden bar would have a dead ring when knocked as gold should. Gold-plated tungsten alloy bar would test right chemically, weigh exactly the right amount, and alsgold-plated tungsten alloy baro pass an x-ray fluorescence scan, the 1/16" layer of pure gold being enough to stop the x-rays from reaching any tungsten.

www.tungsten-alloy.com...

The company sells them for "for souvenir and decoration purpose" but i think we know
the real reason they make them so if your a gold bug be careful as there might be more
of these bars around than you think.

edit on 19/9/2012 by skuly because: my spelling and grammer is rubbish

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Gold-plated tungsten alloy bar is the best choice if you are a gold dealer and attend some trade ftungsten alloy golden barair or put your gold products in the showcase. In case your real gold being stolen, you can choose gold substitution, gold-plated tungsten alloy bar to reduce any possible loss.

We can offer tungsten alloy golden bar and gold-plated tungsten bar according to the different requirement, and also we can engrave as per your fond, such as your company logo, your name, some words, letters, etc.

Looks like theyre offering it as a novelty product? They look quite basic.

The question is, could these be passed off as authentic gold bars? The fakes over the past few years were engraved to exact specifications of reputable gold manufactures with serial numbers and matching paperwork.

Some have suggested that the central banks themselves are behind it, that they dont want to give up "their" gold. In at-least one case, I think delivery came directly from a central bank.

edit on 19-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I've heard they're re-circulating what the U.S. banksters gave them recently.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I put all my gold bars under the bed and now my wife is complaining that we have too much...

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
I've heard they're re-circulating what the U.S. banksters gave them recently.

Can't remember where I heard that as well. From the Fed wasn't it?

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

China been massive amounts of gold via hong kong for a while so maybe
one bar go's in and three come out?

It would have to be a major operation tho but in china anything could
be faked as they got the tec and know how.

edit on 19/9/2012 by skuly because: little edit

top topics

join