It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE Ats... help me identify this pendant

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I haven't read the whole thread.
Has anybody suggested Alchemy yet?

I'm waiting for them to stop talking about aliens..

Or is that, for some of them to stop talking alien... O.o

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Ben81
chemistry and biological mastership
involving the masons (the X sign is very clear)
hard to see it if you dont know how to look

There is nothing Masonic about the pendant which shows you do not know how to look.
why, thank you for that condescending response - would you please be so kind and show us how to look? i know you are quite busy in your post to tell us what we do not know how but not enough time to go into more detail so that we little people can get a more clear and precise picture of all that knowledge you purposely withheld - surely you want us to be able to deny ignorance?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Dont know if you posted this already, but i've not had time to go through it all. Do you have a photo of the back of the pendant?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
It's a little "award" commonly given out in high schools for "science award" back in the 50's-80's.

I actually have a few of them.

Most likely came from Josten's or Balfour. They were the most used resource back then. They also make class rings.

Here is one similar to it from Josten's from the 50's for "Forensics".
www.etsy.com... &ga_view_type=gallery

Here's one from Balfour for "Science Fair"
www.ebay.com... 2c68391a7f

edit on 20-9-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

This. It isn't as exciting or mysterious which is probably why it was just glossed over.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
My grandfather got this medal for winning the school spelling bee. He was quite good.

i.ytimg.com...

A fine heirloom, indeed.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
My mom died a couple years ago and while going threw her things I found this Pendant....

Pendant photobucket

My mothers Dad...my Grandpa came from Sicily ....however...I don't think this has anything to do w/ Italy or does it?
It looks like a microscope and (?) What is that that upside down pipe looking deal? Arrrrggg can't figure this out...Masonic ??

Anyways...I sure would be grateful if anyone can help me identify this. Thankyou X's a million!

P.s Mods...I had nooooo idea where this goes...(?)
edit on 19-9-2012 by tracehd1 because: Correct

Alchemist pendant, probably used to identify who was an alchemist. Alchemy was the progenitor of modern chemistry, they used all sorts of gadgets, and beakers and tubules were generally a part of their aparatus. Dunno if they had microscopes though, my takeon it anyway.
edit on 20-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Now if I had to Guess Myself I'd say it's an Important Medallion. Not just because of it's sentimental value, which in my Opinion, should Be far more Important than what it once meant, but I'd say it is something Alchemical. Perhaps, even something to do with Galileo. What I would recommend would be to Sleep, Pray, or Meditate on it. Whatever your preferred method of Reflection may be.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It appears to be and academic award for science or chemistry. They gave those medals out in high schools back in the 40's and 50's. My Dad had several for sports and they were very similar.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
These symbols have been used in science awards for science fairs and such for a long time. They are still in use. Go to this site and scroll down a little and you will see one that is very similar to yours. They used to be given to high school/college graduates who have excelled in science.

www.oneinhundred.com...

Now they ususally just give certificates or books. Way back when the schools would have more funds or even people who would provide donations so that these types of awards could be given.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
It's a little "award" commonly given out in high schools for "science award" back in the 50's-80's.

I actually have a few of them.

Most likely came from Josten's or Balfour. They were the most used resource back then. They also make class rings.

Here is one similar to it from Josten's from the 50's for "Forensics".
www.etsy.com... &ga_view_type=gallery

Here's one from Balfour for "Science Fair"
www.ebay.com... 2c68391a7f

edit on 20-9-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

This. It isn't as exciting or mysterious which is probably why it was just glossed over.

Balfour... That is it. I am originally from Attleboro... Balfour was right there... I knew I had scene something like this before...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sorry I arrived late.

There is 2 ways to look an X
1D or 2D but im sure you already knew that lol

It's fairly obvious you lack severe knowledge in geometry, no offense of course..
For your convenience, here is an image that will explain simply enough the very basics of the three dimensions:

As you can gather, a 1D cross (X) it is not only a geometry impossibility but also a logic fallacy. To draw an X, any X, you need at least two dimensions and I really hope I don't need to explain why.

An X cannot exist in 1D. Even if it's imperfect or extremely skewed:

thats the difference with me .. i never give up

But you really should.
edit on 20-9-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

it resembles a travaline retort... click on #3 to the left of this link (alchemy)Travaline retort
hope this helps
edit on 20-9-2012 by OldSchoolMom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
i know you are quite busy in your post to tell us what we do not know how but not enough time to go into more detail so that we little people can get a more clear and precise picture of all that knowledge you purposely withheld - surely you want us to be able to deny ignorance?

Masonic ritual and symbolism has been published publically for over 300 years. If you took so time to look it up you would see that my statement is correct.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Ty for your detailed and very helpful reply! I really mean that. Thank-you!!!!!!

Thankyou to everyone that has helped me figure this out!!! I've been coming here a long time and I just really love you guys!!! Again Thankyou for your respect and help!!!

Case closed!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

I agree w/ what you and everyone is saying..now I wish I could pin point the date and school...but I fear that would be impossible?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Ding ding ding..bye George I think you got it!!!! Now if I could find who it belonged to....my parents didn't finish school or go to college...and as I said...I have nooo idea about they're families or history ...so this little mystery of who it could possibly belong too might just be that, a mystery....

Again Thankyou...!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It looks like alchemy symbols OP?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Pretty sure it is not Masonic. I have spent a bit of time researching those symbols and haven't ran across your pendant. Good luck in your searching. I can't wait it see the answer.

ETA - may I ask if she graduated with a science degree?
edit on 19-9-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

Yep, here on ATS, any unknown symbol is masonic. (sarcasm)

LoL@ you....although I appreciate and starred your comment...I gotta say...it could have been !!! LoL

Ty again

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

First I should say I agree w/ you! Ok (?) .....just wondering....I went to that page and my pendant resembles exactly what you showed me...exactly...so I agree w/ school. But..all those pendants had science written on them or whatever pendant the awardeeee might have been given. Mine has no science across it....so what ? Right? Some may have just assumed people would know that? Or whatever...lol

Right?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

i might have made a mistake with the 1D 2D thing .. yes i can agree on that
but you know what i was meaning in the first place
explaining how its possible to hide symbols within a 3D structure

maybe my label was wrong with the pointy details
but the technique exist

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join