It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE Ats... help me identify this pendant

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

Maybe not the mason
who are the real enemies of the mason then ?

the illuminati !
both holy land now are compromised
why do you think so many priest abuse and rape young kids
so many religions just teach hatred and violence
the churchs cant be trusted .. in fact NO religions cant be trusted anymore
so where does that left us ? trusting our hearts more then our heads
dont trust someone that try to make you swallow bullcrap
its ok if you sin each make crimes but you have to repent after
what kind of sick mentality is that ?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I give up.

Second line really not necessary...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies
reply to post by Ben81

I give up.

Second line really not necessary...

Okay !
you didnt say much .. still waiting for some arguments
typical attitude giving up quick exit .. thats the difference with me .. i never give up

even if you have an anormal amount of stars .. good for you

mob mentality

have a good night there mate
i give up for tonight to then

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Was she a girl scout or someone in your family a scout of some kind? Could be a badge for science. Not familiar with older or newer scout patches and badges.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Could be, she had a secret lover and it was his medal of achievement, or best friend. and she was keeping it as a keepsake. Or maybe it's from one her relatives in the family. Looks pretty old.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ben, the pendant is not Masonic. If it was the Masons would have said so to begin with.
Lets move on shall we.

---------------------------------

[IMHO]
it is an award for an achievement of some sort in the scientific field.

my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by UziLiberman

I agree w/ your whole post...but, I didn't know where to post(?) my question for help... I said as much....and gave a complete description of what my problem was. So, there- fore I feel my description should have taken care of what- ever pre- conceived notions that people may have.

I asked people for idea's...and they're giving me their idea's so I can figure this out...I do not know my history beyond my grand-father....I thought this might help me to get to know some of the people I share blood with but because of my recent blood line refusing to do the right things in life...I have no idea who or what my distant family is...(?)

Again...I really don't see a problem with any idea's that anyone has...that's what I asked for and because we might not agree w/ certain idea's..no need to put that person down. If their wrong..prove their wrong..that's what these boards are for. Sharing of ideas and information so we may educate ourselves.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Your reply was awesome and I just had to thank-you for it. So...thank-you (ha)

Now..if I could just pin- point where it came from?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
The upside down thing looks like an Alembic, which is used in chemistry but I have no idea what the pendant is.

en.wikipedia.org... says alembics can be used in alchemy, maybe the pendant has to do with that.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Miri08 because: add on

O wow! Your picture looks exactly like the pendant...errrr you know what I mean...it's the same premise. Ha! That's pretty cool. I agree then that this is related to alchemy/ science. So, where did this medal/pendant or WHO did this medal/ pedant come from (?) And for doing what? Graduating science at the top of their class? Or.....(?)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Question (?).... I have noticed that when I post a reply my thread it does not show up in " recent post"

I have to go to secret societies to find it to see if anyone posted an answer...

If I just posted..which I'm about to do..it should show up in recents(?)... That way people will see some recent activity and people that haven't seen my question might be interested if they see the post in recent activity...and by god I might find the person that knows exactly where this medal came from. Ha

I've noticed some Threads that are getting a lot of flags or activity are not showing up on the list that they should be. Geezzzzz I hope this makes sense...ha

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

have you by chance pressed the red (-) in front of threads? that makes certain forum sections stop showing in your recent posts list. do you see any other threads from secret societies forum there?

not sure how to check it and restore it, maybe you should ask a mod.

also the best way you can check for replies is either on myats which shows the threads you participated on and last poster, or in your messages there's a tab for replies, if anyone presses quote or reply-to one of your posts it will show there.
edit on 20-9-2012 by UziLiberman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
That looks like a honor society pin to me. Did she belong to a honor society in college? Or if not her, perhaps someone she dated?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by tracehd1

Re your query about new posts not showing up on the "recent" page: sometimes you need to give it a minute or two. And don't forget to refresh the page. Meanwhile, if you keep a tab open for this thread, just do the same: refresh the page after a couple of minutes and you'll see if you've had any new replies.

Also, if someone uses the "reply to" or "quote" format to answer you (like I've done here), then it shows up in your profile page under your messages as a reply. Just click on "TOOLS" at the top of any page, click on "messages" then in the messages part on the mid-left of the page, you'll see ">INBOX REPLIES OUTBOX SAVED". Click on "REPLIES" and you'll find any new "reply to" and "quote" type replies are there.
Try it now and you'll see an auto-generated message with a linky to my post here.

If you have any other issues of this technical nature then check in the Board Business threads or send a message to any mod and we'll try to help you out. This will avoid going off topic in the thread.

Okay, now to get back on topic: just my opinion but the pendant doesn't seem Masonic to me. I'd agree that it's most likely just an achievement medallion, probably in the field of medical studies. Granted, it does have some alchemic symbolism (namely the retort) but that apparatus was and is (in modern form) also used in biological and medical science studies.

Best regards,

Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Ben81
if i dont know how to look .. then please .. Enlight me on my mistakes ?
and proove me wrong

An 'X' is not Masonic and does not factor into Masonic ritual or symbolism.

edit on 19-9-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

Augustus is right this is not masonic in nature...it looks like a more modern alchemy representation of a certain profession. Would help if we had a rough idea of how old it is. Alchemists didnt use this type of simple symbolism either so if it is connected it has to do with acedemics of such or at least the practice of.

The symbol itself would dictate a more modern evolution of image. Possibly having to do with medicine. Think 1700's...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
It's a little "award" commonly given out in high schools for "science award" back in the 50's-80's.

I actually have a few of them.

Most likely came from Josten's or Balfour. They were the most used resource back then. They also make class rings.

Here is one similar to it from Josten's from the 50's for "Forensics".
www.etsy.com... &ga_view_type=gallery

Here's one from Balfour for "Science Fair"
www.ebay.com... 2c68391a7f

edit on 20-9-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Ben81
sorry for my bad drawing skills

Not only do you have bad drawing skills but your knowledge of geometery is as equally poor. The Masonic emblems you posted are called a Square and Compasses. Do you know why it is called a square? Because it has a RIGHT ANGLE. Do you see a right angle on your 'X'?

Thought not.

the op pendant make a clear mason symbol for people who know how to recognise it

The only thing that is clear is you live in a land where geometery is not common knowledge.

This is about as far as I'm going to read this thread... classic.

Ahh... geometry, the 'Principle of All Things' as I have become fond of calling it.

btw, it's 'recognize' and 'geometry'....

--------------------------------------------------

The pendant... if it hasn't been identified. I would suggest that it's a novelty item picked up somewhere along the road. Or, it obviously being science related would suggest it coming from either a school or college, probably some small 'society' of chemists. Something about the way it looks seems to suggest that it is from the US. Also, leaning towards it originating from the north... maybe around 1940's-70's. Most likely not a major institution...

I could be completely wrong.. lol

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
reply to post by Ben81

Ben, the pendant is not Masonic. If it was the Masons would have said so to begin with.
Lets move on shall we.

---------------------------------

[IMHO]
it is an award for an achievement of some sort in the scientific field.

my 2 cents

Then it is an award

i will not even try to argument you on this

im 31 in a few weeks .. i still have much to learn
good teachers are really rare these days

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
I'm very interested to find out what the other symbol is? There is a small gold bowl under the ( pipe, old carrying bag with something in it?) what is it there for?

Yargh!! It's not a pipe. It's a Pot Still. You put a liquid in it, and heat the base. The steam rises and the volatile oils separate out. Oldest still type around!

So the gold cup is catching the distillate.

Try and smoke with this thing and you'll blow up your face!! lol

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You don't really understand dimensions, do you. 1D cannot exist in this dimension. Not even on paper. It's represented, yes, but it cannot actually exist.

lol

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Pretty sure it is not Masonic. I have spent a bit of time researching those symbols and haven't ran across your pendant. Good luck in your searching. I can't wait it see the answer.

ETA - may I ask if she graduated with a science degree?
edit on 19-9-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

Yep, here on ATS, any unknown symbol is masonic. (sarcasm)

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join