It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tens of thousands of Israeli troops in surprise Golan drill.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Seems that things are getting a little heated between Israel and Iran.

Or is it just alot of huffing and puffing.

So,The Canadian Embassy has been emptied in Iran.

Canada closes embassy in Iran, expels Iranian diplomats

Canada has suspended diplomatic relations with Iran and is expelling Iranian diplomats from Canada, Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird announced in a statement today. Speaking to reporters in Russia, where he's attending the Asia-Pacific Economic Co-Operation summit, Baird said the government is formally listing Iran today as a state sponsor of terrorism under the Justice for Victims of Terrorism Act.

www.cbc.ca...

Obama seems to be keeping his distance from Israel and Netanyahu,and ol' Bibi doesn't like it.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has grown increasingly critical of the Obama administration, leading at least one Israeli opposition leader to suggest that he might be looking to oust President Obama and install Mitt Romney into the White House.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So,now The Israelis have all of a sudden draft many solders for "drills " in Golan.

Reservists drafted at no notice, Air Force, Central Command and other IDF units were flown to Israel’s northern Golan border early Wednesday, Sept. 19, for a surprise exercise called by Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz under the codename “National Asset.” The official IDF announcement tried to downplay its importance, describing it as a “planned, routine event.” However, DEBKAfile’s military sources say the war game is the biggest the IDF has conducted in the eight years since the second Lebanon war on Hizballah in 2006, with tens of thousands of soldiers and senior officers, including the artillery and the air force taking part. Over the last weekend, witnesses reported heavy traffic of convoys of tank and APC carriers and military vehicles with emergency store markings heading north, just days after the IDF completed a large-scale war game on Israel’s Syrian and Lebanese borders simulating a Hizballah attack. Since early September, therefore, the Israeli Defense Forces have been in the midst of preparations which have the appearance of readiness for a real war rather than an exercise. Those preparations peaked Wednesday under a codename which signified its goal: the defense of national assets.

www.debka.com...

Is it going to be an October surprise or fizzle.

What are your thoughts.

edit on 19-9-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If they go in alone they would probably have their asses handed to them. If this was a piece of cake for them they would've done what they wanted by now, they need the U.S. I hope we keep our troops out of this.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Well,with the current war games going on there ,I think the US will keep a few ships around after its over on Sept.27.
Then maybe an attack on a US ship blamed on Iran.
Then,the US would have an excuse.
Just a thought,nothing more.
Peace,
K

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think it's all a question of timing and who fires first now. There is always the chance that nothing happens. After all, this looked very likely last September too. Deja Vu and then some. Of course now, the people who needed this for whatever reasons need it MORE so now. No one is really in better shape than a year ago and so I do wonder, who will actually start it and does that even matter outside the historical record for our Kid's kids?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think it's all a question of timing and who fires first now. There is always the chance that nothing happens. After all, this looked very likely last September too. Deja Vu and then some. Of course now, the people who needed this for whatever reasons need it MORE so now. No one is really in better shape than a year ago and so I do wonder, who will actually start it and does that even matter outside the historical record for our Kid's kids?

You know,Mr. Wrabbit,if you don't mind me calling you that,for some reason my interests in the matter of Iran and Israel peaked about a week or so ago.
Don't know why,but it did.
Didn't really care much about it before.
It was a series of " cards" coming into play.
Nothing more.

Peace,
K

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
My main thought is that Debka = BS.

Someone wake me up when a rocket lands in Iran.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
israel brushing up on how to kill the elderly..infirm...women and children while waiting on big brother amerika to deal with iran...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Could be a bunch a bull.
Just keeping an eye on it,thats all.
And hoping it does end up being a bunch of bull.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It seems that the Iranians are shipping they're troops and weapons via commercial airlines over Iraqi airspace to Syria.

Iran pours more troops into Syria, ready to target Israel from Syria and Lebanon

Iran continues to fly military personnel and quantities of weapons into Syria by civilian aircraft which cut through Iraqi airspace, American intelligence sources disclosed early Thursday, Sept. 20. UN Secretary General Ban ki-Moon also said that, "Unfortunately, both [Syrian] sides, government and opposition forces, seem to be determined to see the end by military means." Clearly, Iran is augmenting its military involvement in the constantly escalating Syrian civil war, broadening it into a multinational conflict which threatens to drag Lebanon in, by means of the Iranian-Syrian ally, Hizballah. The UN Secretary General's statement implying that the two Syrian sides are determined to fight to the bitter end is echoed in Iran’s resolve to fight to the bitter end for Assad, on Syrian soil.

No comment on this revelation has come from the US, Israel or Israel’s military (IDF) chiefs - notwithstanding its menacing import, namely, that Tehran is no longer hanging about and waiting for its nuclear program to be attacked in order to punish Israel, but is getting ready for a pre-emptive operation. Still, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak have chosen silence in the face of what any other nation would regard as a casus belli: the open deployment of enemy forces on its northern and eastern borders. This must have been the catalyst for the IDF’s surprise two-division strength drill Wednesday on Israel’s Golan border with Syria. But the IDF spokesman sounded almost apologetic when he explained that the exercise had nothing to do with the events in Syria or with Hizballah, and that it was no more than a routine drill for testing preparedness.

www.debka.com...

Just watching and waiting.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

There are other sources backing it up.

I think Heffcide started a thread on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Oh,hold the presses!

Iraq says it's not true that the Iranians are using there airspace to transport troops and weapons to Syria.

It must be true....sarcasm.

Iraq denied a Western intelligence report that Iran has been flying arms and military personnel to Syria via Iraqi airspace, Reuters reported an Interior Ministry’s official as saying on Thursday. “The official spokesman of the Iraqi government has denied that issue altogether... There is nothing like this happening,” Lieutenant-General Hussein Kamal, Iraq's deputy interior minister for intelligence, said. Iran has been using civilian aircraft to fly military personnel and large quantities of weapons across Iraqi airspace to Syria to aid President Bashar al-Assad in his attempt to crush an 18-month uprising against his government, according to a Western intelligence report seen by Reuters.

english.alarabiya.net...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So Israel is being open about wanting to replace a head of state with a more obedient puppet, nice, real classy. At least america is getting a taste of their own medicine. If this doesn't wake people up perhaps nothing will.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
So Israel is being open about wanting to replace a head of state with a more obedient puppet, nice, real classy. At least america is getting a taste of their own medicine. If this doesn't wake people up perhaps nothing will.

I say let them bomb,destroy,do what ever to each other.

Then wait till the smoke clears and get the oil.
Never understood the policy.
We,the US is big and we could just take what we wanted without all this drama,know what I mean?

But,thats just me thinking offhand.

What is the real script to this play?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This drill is too see how quick and effecient they can reinforce the Golan Heights. Part of syria, this strategic high ground between the two countries is essential for Israel to have a chance of stopping the Syrian Army from invading Israel proper. Israel has occupied parts of the Golan since the 67 war, as that is pretty much where each Arab/Israeli war has started. Once you get out of the Golan, it's pretty much a straight shot to either Tel Aviv or Jereselum.

They do this kind of drill about once every 2 years. It's not really out of the ordinary, but of course with everything going on it seems more ominous. If anything it makes sense for them to test this now, as the IDF is heavily dependant on it's reserve forces. By the way, these reservists aren't "drafted"....they got called up, and in the IDF that's pretty regular.

new topics

top topics

join