Knights templar, they're still around! or so it seems

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday
I thought it might be ok to chime in here:
Within the Masonic order there is a thing called, "The Order of Knights Templar" it is composed of three degrees;
*The Illustrious Order of the Red Cross
*The Order of Malta
*The Order of Knights Templar

I can give a very good description of each of these orders, but that’s not what this posting is about. The question is, "Does the Knights Templar still exist?"

Short answer, NO
Long answer, depends. It is well documented that some members of the orignal order fled to Swiss territories. At the same time frame the Swiss banking became a force of power within the world.

Around the same time frame it has been well established that the Templars took shelter in Scotland during the Friday 13th events. A Masonic lodge was setup around this time.

Now to the question of, are these new guys related in anyway shape or form of the original Templars? I would say NO. Reason being is that these new guys are not following the guideline set by the original group. There is also no line of connections between the newer groups and the original.

So;
Yes, there is a Secret Society that uses the title of "The Order of Knights Templar"
Yes, the traditions’ of the original Templars are still in use in some form (such as their banking system)
No, these newer groups are not related to the original Templars at all.

yes, all correct. but all of you are absolutely silly if you don't realize that the real knights templars who claim that heritage, divine path, etc..still exist today in other forms out there. they are all around you, in your face, daily, and you still can't see it. which is sad

you are looking at your local masonic lodge, or shriner and saying..see. they are not real templars

well no crap. the templars today are not wearing metal!
sheesh

lighten up and wake up. have any of you even existed in this world since 2000 and seen the changes going on?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps

Yes, the traditions’ of the original Templars are still in use in some form (such as their banking system)

yes, all correct. but all of you are absolutely silly if you don't realize that the real knights templars who claim that heritage, divine path, etc..still exist today in other forms out there. they are all around you, in your face, daily, and you still can't see it. which is sad

you are looking at your local masonic lodge, or shriner and saying..see. they are not real templars

well no crap. the templars today are not wearing metal!
sheesh

lighten up and wake up. have any of you even existed in this world since 2000 and seen the changes going on?

I will agree that groups using the Templar Ideals are floating around, but they are not the original group. I say this based of the points of them not fully following the known core values of the original Templars.

I could easily start up a group of people that say that they are from the original Templars (anyone can). We could even have odd rights of passage that take their acts from history, but none of that means that we're a real group of Templars. I believe that this is what these new Templars are doing. Ask yourself these questions about these groups;
(1) Are they following the Judeo-christian beliefs that Jesus taught, or are they using the Catholic which most lay-people believe that they followed?
(2)Are they forcibly tauting their religion?
(3)Are they working out in the open?
(4)Can they provide a direct link to the original group?

If they are not following all of these then they can't really be part of the original group. Remember that the Templars weren't afraid to show how proud they were of being a Templar, and the only thing realy secert about them was the rights of passage when becoming one. I mean sure it can be argued that they did many things in secert, but they were the military arm of the church first, and an occult group second.

Over the years there have been really good cases made for the continued existance for the Templars, but it points to the Vaticans Swiss Guards. Though they don't pass the test in that they don't practise Judeo-Christian teachings, but rather Catholic teachings instead.

Why do I make a difference between Judeo-Christian teachings and Chatholic teaching? Well that another discussion for another time, BUT there is a major difference between them and how they came about.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Your theory has a fatal flaw...at the time the Templars were persecuted, Christianity was Catholic or Orthodox for the most part. Martin Luther's famous protest wouldn't happen until a few centuries later.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha

Your theory has a fatal flaw...at the time the Templars were persecuted, Christianity was Catholic or Orthodox for the most part. Martin Luther's famous protest wouldn't happen until a few centuries later.

Not really, if you look at the practises of the Templars (or atleast what is known) it would appear that they were practicing Judeo-Christian beliefs and not Catholic beliefs. The Vatican only tolerated them because they were a fighting force that protected catholics and their properties. This was one of the issues that allowed the church to be so easily convinced to arrest the Templars as heretics (nice going French King).

The templars were never afraid to state that they followed the teachings of Jesus (which at it's core is different that what the Catholic Church teaches and follows). This would lead me to believe that the Templars followed Judeo-Christian teachings (which is what Jesus taught), and not the corrupted form that the Catholic Church followed. I have never read or heard that any Templar had followed what the church believes, only that they followed what Jesus taught.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Idahomie

About 5 years ago, there was a dig in a village on the outskirts of York (Copmanthorpe) - to find the Temple remains originally belonging to the KnightsTemplar and then given over to the Knight Hospitallier. At the time, an old man turned up in full Templar regalia (white tunic, red cross) and he said that he was a current member of the Knights Templar.

I was surprised but wish I had a decent camera phone at the time.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Did he look like this guy?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Wongbeedman

There is an elite group within the Masons that are called The Knights Templar. They are a charitable organization. The only reason I know is 22 years ago my daughter needed surgery. I had applied for Medicaid but hadn't heard anything. A good friend's dad top dog at his lodge at the time and hooked me up with an application for assistance from the Knights Templar to pay for the surgery.

The ladies at the doctor's office freaked out when I brought the application for them to fill in the necessary information, and it seemed like everyone who worked there stopped what they were doing to come and see it. I wish I had made a copy of it, but I did not realize it was that big of a deal at the time. Now I know why they were tripping out.

People can say and speculate about whether or not the Masons are a nefarious organization all they want to. All I know that is during a time of need they were there for my family and I am thankful for them.

You are Welcome and Thank you for your Kind Remarks.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha

Not really, if you look at the practises of the Templars (or atleast what is known) it would appear that they were practicing Judeo-Christian beliefs and not Catholic beliefs. The Vatican only tolerated them because they were a fighting force that protected catholics and their properties. This was one of the issues that allowed the church to be so easily convinced to arrest the Templars as heretics (nice going French King).

The templars were never afraid to state that they followed the teachings of Jesus (which at it's core is different that what the Catholic Church teaches and follows). This would lead me to believe that the Templars followed Judeo-Christian teachings (which is what Jesus taught), and not the corrupted form that the Catholic Church followed. I have never read or heard that any Templar had followed what the church believes, only that they followed what Jesus taught.

Very true post. And maybe still continues to this day [WithOut being Bankers and Evil People Thank you very much] but still controlling the Weather lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join