It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights templar, they're still around! or so it seems

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So, I was browsing some newly released global intelligence files from Stratfor on the wikileaks website and I came across a load of emails exchanged between stratfor agents and a few guys claiming to be templar knights.

Basically they're abit miffed about Breivik claiming to be one of them, and they want to make sure they have nothing to do with him.

They're afraid he might be part of an extremist group under the same name who, are definitely not the real knights templar.

Theyre also concerned about a Mexican cartel subset who are also using the same name.

Anyway here's a link to the site
wikileaks

My apologies for my poor grammar

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
...I came across a load of emails exchanged between stratfor agents and a few guys claiming to be templar knights.

There are numerous orginizations calling themselves Knights Templar (or a variation thereof), however none has any direct lineage to the original Knights Templar.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

But how can we be sure, I'm normally quick to discount such claims but this really caught my eye

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
well i cant see why they still shouldnt be around... They dissapeared in the dark ages with ALOT of treasure.
Easyly enough to fund them to power. Whos to say that the freemasons aint the knights templar.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The real Knights Templar were, among other things, the ultimate safe keepers and "bankers" to Royalty and world leaders. As I understand my history, much of what was left in the protection of the Knights is still out wherever they put it so long ago.

That alone has always convinced me they still exist. The assets sure didn't vanish, so why would the people who are charged with protecting them using funds that should last lifetimes to come.

I seriously doubt those who are....ever talk about it though. Only those with something to gain are seen bragging, as I've seen in life. These guys have everything anyone can ever offer for bribery or temptation. I seriously doubt they show themselves until or unless they think it's absolutely necessary for some reason. Just my humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

But how can we be sure, I'm normally quick to discount such claims but this really caught my eye

We can be sure because there has not been anyone able to directly tie any current orginization to the historic Knights Templar despite numerous efforts to do so.

Here is the mission statement for the Knights Templars which Patrick E. Rea author of the email you linked:

Who We Are

The Sovereign Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem, Inc. is an autonomous and independent organization, incorporated in the United States, which seeks to emulate the chivalric and charity traditions of the original Templars; its members apply themselves energetically and selflessly to Christian charitable endeavors. source

edit on 19-9-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

...I came across a load of emails exchanged between stratfor agents and a few guys claiming to be templar knights.

There are numerous orginizations calling themselves Knights Templar (or a variation thereof), however none has any direct lineage to the original Knights Templar.

or so you believe

there dam well is a real knights templar lineage still in operation today

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

exactly, they are just embedded into banking and other industries today

this has been covered countless times. only those who have done little dd can't see where the templars are today

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps
or so you believe

It is more than just belief, read the website in question.

there dam well is a real knights templar lineage still in operation today

In that case who are they?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

Masonic Knights Templar

In Hoc Signo Vices

Emmanuel is King

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

We can be sure because there has not been anyone able to directly tie any current orginization to the historic Knights Templar despite numerous efforts to do so.

Here is the mission statement for the Knights Templars which Patrick E. Rea author of the email you linked:

Who We Are

The Sovereign Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem, Inc. is an autonomous and independent organization, incorporated in the United States, which seeks to emulate the chivalric and charity traditions of the original Templars; its members apply themselves energetically and selflessly to Christian charitable endeavors. source

edit on 19-9-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

After looking through the sites homepage I think I'm with you on this, as we all know the knights templar (if they exist, or ever did for that matter) are insanely secretive, I mean we wouldn't be having this discussion if they weren't.

Now, the thought of them having a website is quite comical

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

There is an elite group within the Masons that are called The Knights Templar. They are a charitable organization. The only reason I know is 22 years ago my daughter needed surgery. I had applied for Medicaid but hadn't heard anything. A good friend's dad top dog at his lodge at the time and hooked me up with an application for assistance from the Knights Templar to pay for the surgery.

The ladies at the doctor's office freaked out when I brought the application for them to fill in the necessary information, and it seemed like everyone who worked there stopped what they were doing to come and see it. I wish I had made a copy of it, but I did not realize it was that big of a deal at the time. Now I know why they were tripping out.

People can say and speculate about whether or not the Masons are a nefarious organization all they want to. All I know that is during a time of need they were there for my family and I am thankful for them.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
There is an elite group within the Masons that are called The Knights Templar. They are a charitable organization. The only reason I know is 22 years ago my daughter needed surgery. I had applied for Medicaid but hadn't heard anything. A good friend's dad top dog at his lodge at the time and hooked me up with an application for assistance from the Knights Templar to pay for the surgery.

That is a very nice story.

This further emphasizes the point at the lack of connection as the Masonic Knights Templar have nothing to do with the group in the Original Post. There are quite a few orginizations using the name Knights Templar.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

The ladies at the doctor's office freaked out when I brought the application for them to fill in the necessary information, and it seemed like everyone who worked there stopped what they were doing to come and see it. I wish I had made a copy of it, but I did not realize it was that big of a deal at the time. Now I know why they were tripping out.

People can say and speculate about whether or not the Masons are a nefarious organization all they want to. All I know that is during a time of need they were there for my family and I am thankful for them.

Hearing things like ... really glad I made decision to become a Mason

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

I have two friends who are masons along with my grand uncle. All three are good decent human beings. None of them are up to anything nefarious and one even throws some killer bbqs. The other when I lost my job with no warning got a friend of his to give me some work. I've never had a bad experience with a mason.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I found another KT thread beofre I got to this after siging in. My post is pertinent to both.

Yes, York. Yes, still around. Norweigian wacko, no.

There is ancient knowledge hidden from us. Anyway, here's my other post,

"My Grandfather was a member of the "york" rite knights templar. I have everything from his membership, cant make much sense of most of it. He died 1972. Was in WWI. Graduated Dartmouth 1914. Kindofa badass from what I learned of him. He and his brother bought up land in all sorts of remote places that I am still administrating to this day. His foresight is what has made my life comfortable. I have heard all the satanic conspiracy theories and several of my very close friends have bought into it. I just have a hard time believing he was in any way involved in anything that was not 100% true blue American.

BTW GGGGranpa Nathan was the town blacksmith in Salsburgh, NC.
B. 1714
He was known for his skill and ability being a builder of rails. Such said rails were frequently used to give rides to royalists who were in need of transportation back to whence they had come after they had properly been blessed with rations of tar and feather.

Just like ol' Granpa Nate, I too am a philanthropist"

Strength and honor.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Idahomie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I thought it might be ok to chime in here:
Within the Masonic order there is a thing called, "The Order of Knights Templar" it is composed of three degrees;
*The Illustrious Order of the Red Cross
*The Order of Malta
*The Order of Knights Templar

I can give a very good description of each of these orders, but that’s not what this posting is about. The question is, "Does the Knights Templar still exist?"

Short answer, NO
Long answer, depends. It is well documented that some members of the orignal order fled to Swiss territories. At the same time frame the Swiss banking became a force of power within the world.

Around the same time frame it has been well established that the Templars took shelter in Scotland during the Friday 13th events. A Masonic lodge was setup around this time.

Now to the question of, are these new guys related in anyway shape or form of the original Templars? I would say NO. Reason being is that these new guys are not following the guideline set by the original group. There is also no line of connections between the newer groups and the original.

So;
Yes, there is a Secret Society that uses the title of "The Order of Knights Templar"
Yes, the traditions’ of the original Templars are still in use in some form (such as their banking system)
No, these newer groups are not related to the original Templars at all.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Freemasons are sure, because the "real" Knights Templars changed their name to "Freemasons" when they infiltrated the "Wall Builders Guild" and no longer use the name "Knights Templars". So they know that anyone claiming to be the real Knights Templar with roots back to the original order must be a fraud. How else would anyone "know" that there are no Knights today?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatOwl
Freemasons are sure, because the "real" Knights Templars changed their name to "Freemasons" when they infiltrated the "Wall Builders Guild" and no longer use the name "Knights Templars".

Operative Masonry predates the Knights Templar by evidenced in the Regius Poem.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Just like the term "Freemason" the Knights Templar name is not copyrighted so anyone can use it. Even psychos and drug cartels who are in no way connected to the Masonic Knights Tempar

reply to post by Johnkie

The theory is a romanticized one which, due to the fog of history, no one can prove.

Personally, I'd love to find a connection, but that's just me.

reply to post by SuperTripps

According to who?

reply to post by littled16

As a member of this group, I like to hear stories like this.

reply to post by Guyfriday

Yes, within the American York Rite system of Chivalric Orders there are three conferred as you listed them.

As to the original Templars, there are many possibilities to the perpetuation/continuation of this group. One such is Switzerland, but one can also look to Spain and Germany as well as the most famous theory Scotland. I can't say enough about this book, but "Compasses and the Cross" by Stephen Dafoe is a great book for anybody researching this area of study.

There are documents (Landsdowne, Cooke, and Halliwell Manuscripts) that say Freemasonry predates even the founding of the Knights Templar, but some of the earliest records of an actual Lodge come long after the disbanding of the Templars.

The Masonic Knights Templar use the name in commemoration only of the Crusading knights. We claim no lineage.

reply to post by GreatOwl

See my above response.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join