learn more

Pirate Party Member Insists on Copyright for Book

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

www.spiegel.de

Encouraging free sharing of files on the Internet, including copyrighted material, is an official platform of Germany's Pirate Party. This week, however, a senior member of the party has been policing illegal downloads of a book she published through a subsidiary of Random House. Will the party continue to promote its "information must be free" line?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Money talks - BS walks!!

Basic storyline: she agrees a deal with a major publishing house, and now wants to get the loot and principles be damned!!

When it came to publishing her new book "Click Me," Schramm's agent sought to hook a big fish -- and it succeeded. The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reported that Munich's Albrecht Knaus Verlag, owned by Random House, ultimately sealed the deal, offering an advance of more than €100,000 ($131,010). In the tome, Schramm rails against capitalism and what she calls the "content mafia". Her publisher is also charging a pretty penny for the book, with a cover price for the hardback edition of €16.99 and €13.99 for the e-book.

just to show that I don't think that it is only right wing conservative religious nut-jobs that can be as thick as porcine effluent!

www.spiegel.de

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't know how she is doing this, but how I would do such a thing is, free online, and or low cost too, ie. such as kindle, or something. And for sale in print, and many prefer their books printed, not on a screen.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

www.spiegel.de

Encouraging free sharing of files on the Internet, including copyrighted material, is an official platform of Germany's Pirate Party. This week, however, a senior member of the party has been policing illegal downloads of a book she published through a subsidiary of Random House. Will the party continue to promote its "information must be free" line?

How did I miss hearing about the Pirate Party? Do they have a candidate running for president? Can we write their names in when we vote?

Oh, never mind, I just read they are from Germany. My bad.
edit on 9/19/2012 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

No, they actually have a USA party here...this is the Mascot.

From my understanding (which is not much) the USA version are sort of Anarcho-capitalists, but that was my impression on something I read a year or so ago and haven't ever really paid much attention to them. But I do like this mascot...lol

Beats a jack-ass and an elephant

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Beats a jack-ass and an elephant

Maybe the logo does, but the actions and words embody the jackass...

new topics

top topics

join