It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Tough with China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
www.energy-daily.com...
Not sure if I put in the link correctly, but I was reading this interesting article on SpaceWar.com earlier. I personally am sick and tired of the Chinese stealing jobs from Americans. I support free trade, but only if both countries in the trade relationship are fair to each other.

What are your opinions/beliefs?
edit on 19-9-2012 by Antonio1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Antonio1

I believe China will do just fine when companies start moving their manufacturing away from them, whenever that may be.

No one should expect companies to keep manufacturing in China forever, that would literally destroy the environment in China with the amount of industrial pollution. To add to that, those manufacturing opportunities could really help a lot of other countries, if they can optimize for it.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

"How to piss off a liberal: Defend the United States, work hard, be successful, and smile."
edit on 19-9-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Well...the first thing we could do is, scale back every Walmart to 2,000 sq. ft. instead of 20,000 sq ft. Sell only products made in America there...that would start to equalize fair trade.....Would also give incentive to produce more products here in our own Country.

Des

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Is this an instep Mitt Romney thread?

Obama and Romney are puppets and the same puppet master pulls either of their strings

My second opinion on this? Stop buying Chinese products if you have a problem with this.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
From that same link op, to the left

Some 56 percent of the public said the United States should "be tough" with China on economic or trade issues. But nearly two-thirds believed ties were in good shape and 55 percent supported a "strong relationship" with China.

The public did not rank China high on a list of potential threats to the United States, putting it below Islamic extremism, the Iranian and North Korean nuclear programs, global financial instability and drug-linked violence in Mexico.

and sayin they are responsible for market manipulation is a joke, in your main article, isn't that what Wall Street has been doing for......geez I dunno, a bloody long time?

Pot......Kettle.........you know

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
yaaaaaaawwwwwnnnn.... yet more of the same old tired american propaganda... funny how americans wont work under the inhumane conditions or for the slave wages that the chinese and others around the world have to endure so they can support their families... then americans claim all their jobs were stolen... funny alot of the corporations that use slaves are american owned... your sold out by your own people ... maybe instead of whinging about china and elsewhere you lot should go after the ones there who sold you out to begin with....

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have a very good friend in China, he is 28 and lives in a two bedroom apartment in Dongguan City, Guangdong Province. He is married to a pretty, shy young lady and they have two daughters 3 and 5, they are so cute it hurts your heart.
He works in sales for a restaurant equipment manufacturing company and is saving money to buy a car.
He tells me that he and everyone in his circle of friends is scared to death of the American military.
He believes that his government is "kicking a wolf when thinking it is a lame dog". He fears for his people and his family.
Please don't bomb my friend.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
yaaaaaaawwwwwnnnn.... yet more of the same old tired american propaganda... funny how americans wont work under the inhumane conditions or for the slave wages that the chinese and others around the world have to endure so they can support their families... then americans claim all their jobs were stolen... funny alot of the corporations that use slaves are american owned... your sold out by your own people ... maybe instead of whinging about china and elsewhere you lot should go after the ones there who sold you out to begin with....

^quoted for truth. The companies moved the jobs to drive up the compensation for the few at the top, all enabled by prior adminstrations. They are the ones who sold us out, China didn't steal anything.

Derek

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
How can you get tough with China? Bush sold you out to China. If it was`nt for those ``evil commies`` then you would not have been able to invade Iraq. All of your elected (bought) politicians, couldnt wait to sell you down the river. Now you are moaning? haha I suppose you can wave that `god dammed scrap of paper` and shout about the constitution to them. But it wont do you know good at all. Best bet is to bend over and spread em wide, it may help if you add a little cream. Because you are well and truely going to get in the a$$ some time soon. The rest of the world will no doubt smile and say, well you had it coming. No point moaning about it now.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

lol

You blame China for stealing American jobs? Not the US companies that chose to outsource jobs to those countries because they offered better deals to business men?

Or the government that created the environment that made it advantageous for companies to operate in other nations like China, instead of the US?

That's counter intuitive. The US is in this position financially BECAUSE of itself, not any other nation.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The chinese are NOT stealing jobs from Americans
.... rich Americans are selling your jobs to them!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I didn't have to watch this video to realize, as a Trump, you'll also need to load up on debt with your business model. Works for Presidential Candidates too...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

The shift to other nations has already started in any case all the negative impact of China a result of US enabling it. One could argue that the US was after a process of uplifting the the quality of life of China's population (even with a hope of bringing about democracy) but that view is myopic.

I can not explain the process of support of China international trade and inclusion on the WTO as a strategic action to bring about a general decline in work remunerations. To cause social instability in Europe, even as a new front against the solidification and extension of the Euro to other nations and a possible federalization. if we take the basic premise of fallowing the money we would find that even if China did get some benefits (most of them gathered by not playing fair) the winners were the international corporations and to the Anglo-American economic centers (we can't even point a benefit to the nations since most of these corporations can easily escape taxation) .

In any case things are rapidly changing and Europe is awakening to the problem of bringing wages down to Chinese levels to enable competition, take for instance the new stance of textiles by Portugal, Spain and Germany (finally some sense is coming from the power core of Europe). Most Europeans have no issue with fair competition the problem is that enviromental and social requirements are not the same and so fair competition is impossible. In general this is the problem with the globalization process we have been fallowing...

Any idea that the US was working to improve the conditions of another nations are easily refutable by simply looking at Mexico and the rest of South America. The huge impact the US has had in the past decades has been mostly negative and destructive. We should accept that no nations acts in altruism but when mutual beneficial options are available to persist in exploitation and social-economic (even cultural) imperialism should no longer be tolerated. This is a lesson that the US has been failing to provide to the newcomers and it will doom our future.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Is this an instep Mitt Romney thread?

Obama and Romney are puppets and the same puppet master pulls either of their strings

My second opinion on this? Stop buying Chinese products if you have a problem with this.

Although the article does seem to prefer Romney over Obama, I did not intend this thread to be supportive of Romney or Obama. I just want to start a discussion about China's effect on our economy. Sorry if it seems partisan, that wasn't my intention, and I should have made that clear from the start.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
From that same link op, to the left

Some 56 percent of the public said the United States should "be tough" with China on economic or trade issues. But nearly two-thirds believed ties were in good shape and 55 percent supported a "strong relationship" with China.

The public did not rank China high on a list of potential threats to the United States, putting it below Islamic extremism, the Iranian and North Korean nuclear programs, global financial instability and drug-linked violence in Mexico.

and sayin they are responsible for market manipulation is a joke, in your main article, isn't that what Wall Street has been doing for......geez I dunno, a bloody long time?

Pot......Kettle.........you know

I didn't say that China is a greater or lesser threat to the U.S. than terrorism. BTW, saying that china DOESN'T manipulate the economy is a joke. They have consistently undervalued the Yuan for years now........so yeah, they do manipulate the economic relationship in their favor. And I also don't think that we should just drop relations with China. Don't put words in my mouth.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Antonio1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
I have a very good friend in China, he is 28 and lives in a two bedroom apartment in Dongguan City, Guangdong Province. He is married to a pretty, shy young lady and they have two daughters 3 and 5, they are so cute it hurts your heart.
He works in sales for a restaurant equipment manufacturing company and is saving money to buy a car.
He tells me that he and everyone in his circle of friends is scared to death of the American military.
He believes that his government is "kicking a wolf when thinking it is a lame dog". He fears for his people and his family.
Please don't bomb my friend.

I want to bomb China now? Where are you getting that?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy

Originally posted by Expat888

^quoted for truth. The companies moved the jobs to drive up the compensation for the few at the top, all enabled by prior adminstrations. They are the ones who sold us out, China didn't steal anything.

Derek

Yes, but do you own shares? If you do, then you are also part of the problem. Globalists have no allegiance to one country. This is what globalization is all about. Bottom line!

new topics

top topics

join