Who was Romney talking to in the Mother Jones leaked video?

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This just makes the whole thing more damning....

The event was held at the Boca Raton home of private equity manager Marc Leder, who has donated $225,000 to the pro-Romney super-PAC

So who else was on hand for Romney's "off the cuff" remarks at Leder's spread on May 17? According to the TC Palm, 150 people attended the $50,000-per-plate event.

Link

Not only was he talking to other rich people who are as out of touch as he is, they paid 50,000 per plate to attend this event. This just shows how sheltered and out of touch Mitt Romney is.

This gives us an idea as to who Mitt Romney really cares about this election.

It's certainly isn't 47% of Americans

nor 70%

but only the 1%

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Agreed. The audience was what really made the story. THe fact that he talks that way to folks that have boatloads of money didnt sit well IMO. If he had been talking to lower income libertarians for free then he'd be Ron Paul. LOL
edit on 19-9-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The donations Romney gets at these events are only being used to do the next event just like this one. Romney campaign has not been doing television adds or speeches only donor get togethers. Is he just cashing out like Sara Palin? Is he just getting as much money as he can get to later line his own pockets?

How about the mysterious American Rambler Productions LLC American Rambler Productions $58,534,986.

This would be a code name for Romney's fathers company. American motor corps. Rambler was the make of car they devoted the company to to save it.

en.wikipedia.org...

American Motors Corporation chief executiveAs managing director of the Automobile Manufacturers Association, Romney became good friends with then-president George W. Mason. When Mason became chairman of the manufacturing firm Nash-Kelvinator in 1948, he invited Romney along "to learn the business from the ground up" as his roving assistant,[72] and the new executive spent a year working in different parts of the company.[73] At an inefficient Detroit refrigerator plant of the Kelvinator appliance division, Romney battled the Mechanics Educational Society of America union to institute a new industrial–labor relations program that forestalled the whole facility being shut down.[74] He appealed to the workers by saying, "I am no college man. I've laid floors, I've done lathing. I've thinned beets and shocked wheat."[74] As Mason's protégé, Romney assumed executive assignment for the development of the Rambler.[75]

American Rambler.
edit on 19-9-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
50k a plate?

That is double what I made in the past 2 years working 40+ hours a week.

Romney says he doesn't want to redistribute wealth like Obama, he wants to create wealth, I find it hard to believe he wants the wealth to go to middle and lower classes.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

From what I have found out so far, the partial video was leaked out thanks to the help of Jimmy Carter's grandson.

During an interview, Romney stated that he was asked a question and that was only part of his reply.

In fact, he wished that they would release the whole video in it's entirety so the people could hear the WHOLE question/answer together, not just excerpts from it.

And as far as the costly plate dinners, you can't slam just Romney.

Google "fund raisers for presidents" and you'll see that all candidates running for pres., both republican and democrats, charge an arm and a leg.

In fact, Obama has already had one thrown by George Clooney where the plates [tickets] were $40,000...
Same for the one that Alec Baldwin threw for him....
And the one he just attended with Beyonce and Jay Z....

So, as far as the outrageous prices go, it applies to both parties, Dems & Repub.

If I had that kind of money just to throw away, I sure as hell could think of a better way to spend it, that's for sure...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by muse7

Agreed. The audience was what really made the story. THe fact that he talks that way to folks that have boatloads of money didnt sit well IMO. If he had been talking to lower income libertarians for free then he'd be Ron Paul. LOL
edit on 19-9-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

I have always said that Hollywood is out of touch with the average person, and that is whom the Democrats usually are associated with for fundraisers.

Obama has already had his share of expensive get togethers [$40,000 per plate] with the likes of George Clooney, Alec Baldwin, and just this week, Beyonce and Jay z.... with more to come I'm sure.

All parties have these out of touch fundraisers..... both dems & repub. alike.

I agree... they both need to get with the average American and not the rich money bags or Hollywood elites !!!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Under the current system you need boatloads of money. I dont hold it against either candidate trying to raise money by pampering the rich. But when they talk that way, it reinforces the idea that he really doesnt care about middle and lower income folks. That is just wrong. Not saying Obama is any better now that I see him crapping on the constitution with this indefinite detention crime.

Dont like some of Obama's moves but theres nothing I like about Romney. I'll do a protest vote and vote for/write-in Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

Originally posted by cconn487
Romney says he doesn't want to redistribute wealth like Obama, he wants to create wealth, I find it hard to believe he wants the wealth to go to middle and lower classes.

Romney DOESN'T want to redistribute wealth exactly like Obama does. He wants to redistribute it UPWARDS by taxing the middle class and lowering taxes on the wealthy. That's wealth redistribution to the wealthy, which has been going on for years, placing us in the position we are in, where many are poor and the rich get richer.

These wealthy donors at the lunch agree that the more they have, the better. They don't care about the 47% or the 99%, except how they can make them more wealthy.

Half of American Households Own 1% of the Wealth
edit on 9/19/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

join