It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billboard in Kentucky say's"Don't believe in God? Join the club" So what!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think this is a bad idea. It's a proven fact that when people with same beliefs start organizing into groups in the end the fumes start going into their heads and they turn out no less insulting or even violent than the group they protest against.

I'm especially concerned that they are reaching out to atheists. Because I'm afraid that they are going to give a bad name to the rest of the atheists.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I thought this would go more on the religious side of the debate, but freedom of speech is also involved quite a bit here people..
What about a billboard thats really offensive like the one in Massachusetts with the little girl flipping her middle finger??

That screams offensive, but its still up because of free speech..Her finger is only covered up..lol

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

I for one, very much like this billboard...A lot...lol

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
I feel bad for them. It is my personal belief that they are wrong.
That said, I'm not going to go all #muslinrage over it.

Muslinrage?

Behold, the ire of cotton.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
TextTextFirst, sorry if I am posting wrong; I use a screen reader. My post is intended for the Billboard in KY thread. I am an Advent Christian and see no issue with the billboard in KY. I don't believe faith causes problems though; it's caused by those small groups of fanatics that twist faith for personal gain. Does it sadden me that folks don't believe in Christ or a higher power... used to. I am more afraid of those who hold the bible high and cause waves of ignorance and intolerance around the world. Freedom of speech and expression is for all who live in this country last time I checked. If you don't like what you see on a billboard; look away. If you don't like what you hear on the TV or radio; turn the station. If you take issue with a book in the store or library; don't purchase it or check it out. Those of true faith know how to make a difference in this world without picking fights and wasting energies best suited for other things. God bless those who are true Christians and we'll be praying for those twisting faith and the Gospel.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This means that those who believe in God can kill the atheists now right? My bad, that is only good for the Muslims and Islam.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie
I couldn't agree with you more about the slanted portion of ads promoting a religious agenda while very few come from atheists.

Be prepared for the avalanche of religious types coming to disagree with your observation on advertising and religious views even if they are spot on!
edit on 19-9-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

Or- a religious type that agrees with the OP- in my case. Actually, I get offended when I see Christians use their religion as an advertisement for their businesses. Anyway, I live in KY and this is the first I've heard of this billboard.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join