It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Guide to the ATS Rewards System: Points, Flags, Stars, Karma and Wats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
is there a thumbs down type of option, can I remove unwanted members from showing up? I get tired of weeding through unwanted posts to get to my favorites...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

SmikeS
is there a thumbs down type of option, can I remove unwanted members from showing up? I get tired of weeding through unwanted posts to get to my favorites...
There used to be such an option, which was called "ignore" if I recall correctly.

Since then I've seen posts by the site owners advocating discussion which is best accomplished by looking at an issue from multiple angles. The ignore feature was removed.

Even when I had access to the ignore feature, I never used it. I've actually learned some things even from people I disagree with.

Now if by "unwanted member" you mean someone is violating the terms and conditions, you can report them, which I've done in the case of spammers, and their spam posts have been removed by the mods.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

thanks , maybe you can help me with the linux watch command , $ watch -n elink atsdotcom/forum/thread -minus unwanted member ?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SmikeS

This thread is about "A Guide to the ATS Rewards System: Points, Flags, Stars, Karma and Wats" and your line of questioning doesn't seem related to that topic so this isn't the place to discuss it.

If I wanted help with something like that I might start a thread in the computer help forum to see if anybody could help me:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

marvinthemartian
reply to post by schuyler

Thank you for the effort you have put in to your post

But in all honesty i couldn't care less why or how stars or flags or whatever are awarded or acquired

It is not why i am here.

I cracked up when I saw your avatar...I know off subject but, at 61 years old I still get a smile when I see daffy duck and the martian cartoons. they are still funny to watch, because the martian always, ALWAYS, gets one over on daffy. no matter what happens, daffy never ever wins with the martian

on topic, I haven't even been interested in having an avatar, and as far as starting new threads, it seems that when I find something interesting to me, it has already be posted. I have looked at some members profiles and they will start up 3 to 5 posts every single day. either they are really big fans, or they have no life. with me, just being on this site for a couples hours a day, my wife thinks I've gone off the deep end or I am getting close to it.
edit on 8-2-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Thanks for this! Do you also think that KARMA points have to do with more things such as people who quote you, or that you quote yourself, hyperlinks, images, things of that sort as well? I think it may because it helps people out to quote people and post things. And that is Karma. O.o

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onion88

Thanks for this! Do you also think that KARMA points have to do with more things such as people who quote you, or that you quote yourself, hyperlinks, images, things of that sort as well? I think it may because it helps people out to quote people and post things.
No. He provided the formula:

((stars * 15) + (flags + applause) * 10)) / posts

None of that stuff you mentioned is in the formula.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Borders have grown even more mysterious. A few people with high somethings have earned a gold border. Most of us have green, including all the former silver-border people.

It looks like the borders change based on your WATS score. There are two shades of green. Looks like that changes when your WATS score reaches 50. It changes to silver at 100. Not sure about gold.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

What's my WATS score?

Oh. I answered my own question. Go to the down arrow thing, click it, click profile from the drop down and look on the right hand side and you'll see it.

Mine is low. I have no border. I never see borders anymore. I think borders were stupid. The only metrics that should be publicly available are posts and join date.
edit on 1220140920141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yours is 184 (today) and you're rocking a silver border. LOL

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Snarl

What's my WATS score?

Oh. I answered my own question. Go to the down arrow thing, click it, click profile from the drop down and look on the right hand side and you'll see it.

Mine is low. I have no border. I never see borders anymore. I think borders were stupid. The only metrics that should be publicly available are posts and join date.

I'm sure the owners will take your declarations under consideration. This isn't a thread about whether or not you like or disapprove of the system, or what you think it ought to be. It's "not cool" to approve of a rating system because "everybody's equal, puts their pants on the same way, etc." We know all that. The thread is an attempt to explain how it works, whether you like it or not.

I have no border.

Yes, you do.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Thank you so much. I have been wondering about this for a while now.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Something I've noticed recently... Not a big deal, I'm just curious.

I know that some threads don't have stars in posts, but why do some posts not have a blank star when others in the thread do?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker
For a start, your own posts in the thread won't have a blank star, so that you can't star yourself.
In the old days, self-starring simply didn't work. Now the temptation has been taken away.
Perhaps that's what you've noticed?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: CornShucker
For a start, your own posts in the thread won't have a blank star, so that you can't star yourself.
In the old days, self-starring simply didn't work. Now the temptation has been taken away.
Perhaps that's what you've noticed?

That's probably it. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Whenever I try to flag something, it comes up as "fail." How do I fix this?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigal7997

What do you mean it comes up as "fail"? Post a screenshot or something.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Screenshot:
postimg.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Any ideas? Anyone? Have I offended the ATS Gods?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Any ideas? Anyone? Have I offended the ATS Gods?

Don't know. Never seen it before. I wonder if it has something to do with your low post count. Perhaps you have to reach a threshold before it works. Just a guess on my part. I really have no idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join