It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO Foods Cause Tumours and Organ Damage - With Pictures

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This picture is from yesterday's study linked by wujotvowujotvowujotvo.
The abstract is quite frightening...thanks for posting anyway

short explanation:
- the letters from A to T are for references.
- the 4-digit number is the rat number
- and after the rat number:
--- C = control rats
--- GMO = rats fed with GMO
--- R = rats fed with Roundup
--- GMO+R = rats fed with Roundup-treated GMO

You don't have to be a biologist to see the damage done to the kidneys
(...and, of course, all the huge tumors)
The other stuff pictured is above my head. Here's a detailed image description

I know, they do it with good reason, but......I feel pity for the poor rats

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Originally posted by munkey66

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

I already said ingesting "RoundUp" is bad. Mkay.

Many genetically modified foods are not considered "RoundUp Ready", but are only modified to be disease and insect resistant. Those foods would, indeed, require smaller doses of, and fewer, "poisons" to produce. That's good! Mkay.

"GMO Foods Cause Tumours and Organ Damage" is, if not an outright lie, an overt exaggeration. Mkay.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 19-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

If a plant is modified to be pest resistant, wouldnt that mean that the plant has an insecticide in it?
many plants have natural insecticides in them, the ones humans generally don't eat because of the poison factor.
Throw a gene gun full of another plant with a naturally occurring insecticide into a crop food like corn and what you now have is a plant that didnt have the insecticide gene now producing it.
Can you see any problem with this?

Raw bitter almonds are chock full of cyanide. A 150-pound adult could die from eating 10 to 70, we know this and that is why we cook them.
green potatoes produce Solanine as a natural insecticide, place that into corn and then feed the raw product to livestock, can you see a flow on effect?

Now this next bit I add for a bit of an explanation how the food chain works and how as the apex preditor we in turn ingest everything along the way.

Ciguatera is a foodborne illness caused by eating certain reef fish whose flesh is contaminated with toxins originally produced by dinoflagellates such as Gambierdiscus toxicus which lives in tropical and subtropical waters. These dinoflagellates adhere to coral, algae and seaweed, where they are eaten by herbivorous fish who in turn are eaten by larger carnivorous fish. In this way the toxins move up the food chain and bioaccumulate. Gambierdiscus toxicus is the primary dinoflagellate responsible for the production of a number of similar toxins that cause ciguatera. These toxins include ciguatoxin, maitotoxin, scaritoxin and palytoxin. Predator species near the top of the food chain in tropical and subtropical waters, such as barracudas, snapper, moray eels, parrotfishes, groupers, triggerfishes and amberjacks, are most likely to cause ciguatera poisoning, although many other species cause occasional outbreaks of toxicity.

you can go your entire life eating these reef fish and have no adverse effects, but it only takes that 1 fish and The symptoms can last from weeks to years, and in extreme cases as long as 20 years, often leading to long-term disability. Most people do recover slowly over time. Often patients recover, but symptoms then reappear. Such relapses can be triggered by consumption of nuts, seeds, alcohol, fish or fish-containing products, chicken or eggs, or by exposure to fumes such as those of bleach and other chemicals. Exercise is also a possible trigger.

Hallmark symptoms of ciguatera in humans include gastrointestinal and neurological effects.Gastrointestinal symptoms include nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, usually followed by neurological symptoms such as headaches, muscle aches, paresthesia, numbness, ataxia, vertigo, and hallucinations. Severe cases of ciguatera can also result in cold allodynia, which is a burning sensation on contact with cold (commonly incorrectly referred to as reversal of hot/cold temperature sensation). Doctors are often at a loss to explain these symptoms and ciguatera poisoning is frequently misdiagnosed as multiple sclerosis.
wiki
Still want to ingest poisons?

Can you see any problem with this?

Well, yes I do! Non of that addresses the reality of genetically engineering a plant to be pest resistant.

The most popular way of doing so, at this time, is to genetically modify crops to produce their own Bacillus thuringiensis. These are known as "Bt. crops". The "poison" that Bacillus thuringiensis produces only affects insects with alkaline digestive tracts. That makes mammals and most other types of organisms immune. That's good! Mkay.

Nice try, but no cigar this time.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

You can't and that is a very valid point. It is wrong that farmers can be sued for crosspollination of their non GM plants and the corporate plants. After all, as it was correctly said earlier, it is almost impossible to prevent that from happening. The company want to protect its intellectual property, I can get that, but that does not sit well with me that I could buy something but still not "own" it. I don't have much of a choice with computer programs and end user agreements, but I don't think this the greatest business practice. The answer is, of course, not to buy the products. If I buy a corn seed and grow corn from it, I should be able to test it all I want as I would consider it my ear of corn. Likewise I should be able to take apart my Iphone all I want. If is steal their secrets and start making profit off their patent, then they might have a case, but not just for investigating the stuff.

I'm in total agreement with that statement!

What I don't understand, however, is why those that are SO AGAINST GM FOODS are rallying around the farmers. Hell, they're the one's that ACTUALLY PRODUCE the genetically modified food. Especially considering most of Monsanto's lawsuits seem to be centered around "RoundUp Ready" products, I would tend to think that they would LOVE to see these farmers SHUT DOWN. I suspect many of them just have an "ax to grind" with Monsanto, and don't understand diddly about genetically engineered food, and digestive processes.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

there are certain ailments that are popping up in the livestock that is fed gm. still births, deaths, a who list of problems. they will pop up in the human population more than likelly also.

Damn! That seems like a real setback for the "Chemtrailers". They claim it's "chemtrails" that cause that! I wonder who's correct...

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
No words can describe the bad deeds of those corporations.

The killer sponsors of No to Prop 37 shamefully out themselves below, shocking long list of corporations

www.noprop37.com/donors/

Donors

Abbott Nutrition
BASF Plant Science
Bayer CropScience
Bimbo Bakeries USA
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC
Bunge North America, Inc.
C. H. Guenther & Son, Inc.
Campbell Soup Company
Cargill, Inc.
Clement Pappas & Company, Inc.
Clorox Company
Coca-Cola North America
ConAgra Foods
Council for Biotechnology Information
CropLife America
Dole Packaged Foods Company
Dow AgroSciences LLC
E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co.
General Mills, Inc.
Grocery Manufacturers Association
H.J. Heinz Company
Hero North America
Hershey Company
Hirzel Canning Company
Hormel Foods Corporation
House-Autry Mills, Inc.
Idahoan Foods, LLC
Inventure Foods, Inc.
Kellogg Company
Knouse Foods Cooperative, Inc.
Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
Land O’Lakes, Inc.
McCain Foods USA, Inc.
McCormick & Company, Inc.
Monsanto Company
Nestle USA, Inc.
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
PepsiCo, Inc.
Pinnacle Foods Group LLC
Reily Foods Company
Rich Products Corporation
Richelieu Foods, Inc.
Sara Lee Corporation
Smithfield Foods, Inc.
Solae, LLC
Sunny Delight Beverages Company
Syngenta Corporation
The J.M. Smucker Company
Tri-Cal Inc.
Vroom
Ware

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As much as I despise GMO foods, I cannot verify the facts but I think there is more damage by GMO foods than cancer. So, I began to look up the statistics of cancer by country and amazingly, here is what I found:

Are GMOs safe?
Most developed nations do not consider GMOs to be safe. In nearly 50 countries around the world, including Australia, Japan, and all of the countries in the European Union, there are significant restrictions or outright bans on the production and sale of GMOs. In the U.S., the government has approved GMOs based on studies conducted by the same corporations that created them and profit from their sale. Increasingly, Americans are taking matters into their own hands and choosing to opt out of the GMO experiment.

Are GMOs labeled?
Unfortunately, even though polls consistently show that a significant majority of Americans want to know if the food they’re purchasing contains GMOs, the powerful biotech lobby has succeeded in keeping this information from the public. In the absence of mandatory labeling, the Non-GMO Project was created to give consumers the informed choice they deserve.

Where does the Non-GMO Project come in?
The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit organization with a mission of protecting the non-GMO food supply and giving consumers an informed choice. We offer North America’s ONLY third party verification for products produced according to rigorous best practices for GMO avoidance (for more info, click here). Our strategy is to empower consumers to make change through the marketplace. If people stop buying GMOs, companies will stop using them and farmers will stop growing them.

Do Americans want non-GMO foods and supplements?
Polls consistently show that a significant majority of North Americans would like to be able to tell if the food they’re purchasing contains GMOs (a 2008 CBS News Poll found that 87% of consumers wanted GMOs labeled). And, according to a recent CBS/New York Times poll, 53% of consumers said they would not buy food that has been genetically modified. The Non-GMO Project’s seal for verified products will, for the first time, give the public an opportunity to make an informed choice when it comes to GMOs.

How common are GMOs?
In the U.S., GMOs are in as much as 80% of conventional processed food. Click here for a current list of GMO risk crops.

Why don't American's BAN GMO's. What the heck is stopping us? Other countries do it.

Here are some more statistics about cancer Sorry the table is distorted but you can view it here: www.guardian.co.uk...
:

All cancer rates by country (SOURCE: WCRF.ORG - cases per 100,000 people
Click headings to sort
Country Overall rate Male rate Female rate

1 Denmark 326.1 334.7 325.3
2 Ireland 317 355.9 285.1
3 Australia 314.1 360.5 274.4
4 New Zealand 309.2 337.6 287.1
5 Belgium 306.8 351.3 275.7
6 France (metropolitan) 300.4 360.6 254.9
7 USA 300.2 335 274.4
8 Norway 299.1 338.4 270.3
9 Canada 296.6 325.9 275
10 Czech Republic 295 348.8 259.1
11 Israel 288.3 303.7 280.4
12 The Netherlands 286.8 306.3 276.5
13 Luxembourg 284 324 254.4
14 Hungary 282.9 352.3 235.6
15 Iceland 282.2 305.5 265.6
16 Germany 282.1 330.7 245.7
17 Uruguay 280.3 354.4 230.7
18 Italy 274.3 310 251.6
19 French Polynesia 269.6 289.7 256.8
20 Switzerland 269.3 313.2 236
21 Slovenia 267.9 319.6 232.9
22 United Kingdom 266.9 280 260.5
23 Croatia 263.1 315 229.3
24 Republic of Korea 262.4 309.4 234.4
25 Slovakia 260.6 320.2 223.4
26 Sweden 252.1 269.6 241.2
27 Finland 249.8 271.3 239.8
28 Lithuania 244.4 316.5 207.8
29 Chinese Taipei 244.1 282.3 208.5
30 Mongolia 242.2 281.5 210.8
31 Spain 241.4 309.9 187
32 France (Martinique) 234.9 315.4
33 Austria 232.7 275.4 200.6
34 Estonia 230.4 285.7 203.7
35 Latvia 230.4 304 193.4
36 FYR Macedonia 225.1 262.1 196.5
37 Bulgaria 224.7 252.9 206.6
38 Portugal 223.2 266.8 190.8
39 Poland 222.9 280.5 185.5
40 Serbia 218.9 238.5 205.2
41 New Caledonia 218.5 208.4
42 Belarus 213.1 269 186.7
43 Malta 211.4 199.7
44 Barbados 207.9 251.3 189.1
45 Armenia 207.5 260.4
46 Argentina 206.2 193
47 Romania 205.1 240.6
48 Montenegro 204.3 185.2
49 Albania 202.8 196.6
50 South African Republic 202 254.8
51 Japan 247.3
52 Russian Federation 247.1
53 France (Guadeloupe) 245.9
54 France (La Reunion) 252.9
55 Puerto Rico 253.6
56 Honduras 181.6
57 Jamaica 205.1
58 Uganda 186.8
59 Singapore 188.4

Con't on next post
edit on 23-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's not just the cancer rates we should be worrying about. It's about EVERYTHING else. It’s about Autism, Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy , Crohns disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Celiac Disease and all the new, rare diseases that are cropping up.

It's about the WHOLE package. Our health IS our welfare. Without it, we are weak and dependant. Getting rid of GMO is one factor.....a large factor.

And BTW, our vaccines didn't use to be so deadly. Why can't we DEMAND pepole friendly vaccinations, without known poisons and toxins that have nothing to do with "vaccines". Please view this video if you're on the fence about vaccines. vactruth.com...

How To Find The Poisons In Vaccines In 5 Seconds Or Less

I will be back to show some other statistics. Gotta do a few chores.
edit on 23-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc..........
Actually, the truth is, that selective breeding is genetic modification. The hysteria over GMF is not based in any fundimental science. Let's take the OP, all of the plants in the study were treated with chemicals. Think that the chemicals were the actual cause of the deformations? Agent Orange anybody? Please explain to the class how the genetic makeup of a food when the proteins are denatured and destroyed by the digestive process, can alter the genetic makeup of the consumer and change the DNA/RNA replication process and thus cause a tumor. Basic cell biology here.

What chemicals?

Where did the chemicals enter the picture?

If you grow the GM foods on your own plot of land, would the chemicals play a role?

And btw, some 200,000+ people died every 10 years in the US from coal power plants. Due to cleaner more stringent rules in place, it's reduced, but it's still 100,000+. Worldwide, it's terrible. Basically, there're so many ways this world can kill you. GM food is just one possible factor.

Lately, I wonder about this crossbreeding or GM crops. There're apple trees now that simply cannot survive because they grow too many apples and their branches break off. The person who plants them is forced to tie the branches or let it kill itself. How did this happen? A smart apple tree wouldn't grow so many apples. I can only think that humans have encouraged the trees to do this by helping the apple trees that produced excessive apples. This is also reflected in planters who remove and discard low yield producers. This was a selection pressure. It means that, if this hypothetical is true, more and more apple trees are reliant on the planter for their own survival. In effect, this reminds me of breeding overly muscled bulls and cattle that are so big they wouldn't survive in the wild. Or by artificially producing the effect by feeding them hormones and other things. Broadly, it also reminds me of forestry activities. If we start thinning forests and clearing brush then trees and bushes will REQUIRE our assistance in the future. This is true with forest fires too. If we always try to stop them then the trees that survive better without forest fires will be encouraged to dominate, whereas the trees that survive forest fires will dwindle. What this means is that without human help, forests in the future will be unable to survive. They'll be reliant on us just as cattle are. And I'm also reminded of Dachshunds. They were breeded to be long. Yet, they have many back problems. Evolution would not have produced them without our help. Evolution doesn't exist outside us, it exists alongside us. Another example is our increasing dependency on hatchery fish and the loss of wild populations. We're always toying with evolution and co-producing things that're not surviving on their own.

Our dominance of earth is destroying its ability to preserve its life systems on its own.
edit on 23-9-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ban GMO's from foods consumed in America: Sign Petition @ WhiteHouse.gov

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join