It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO Foods Cause Tumours and Organ Damage - With Pictures

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The study, led by Gilles-Eric Seralini of the University of Caen, was the first ever study to examine the long-term (lifetime) effects of eating GMOs.The study was published in The Food & Chemical Toxicology Journal and was just presented at a news conference in London.

Here are some of the shocking findings from the study:-

• Up to 50% of males and 70% of females suffered premature death.

• Rats that drank trace amounts of Roundup (at levels legally allowed in the water supply) had a 200% to 300% increase in large tumors.

• Rats fed GM corn and traces of Roundup suffered severe organ damage including liver damage and kidney damage.

I urge everyone to rite to their elected representative and tell them THEY are NOT immune from this just because they are in power and have 50 million in the bank.They will have to eat this poison as well as it will mixed in all food.Tell them about dialysis machines for example.

www.naturalnews.com...

Here is the study abstract

Read the study abstract
The study is entitled, "A Comparison of the Effects of Three GM Corn Varieties on Mammalian Health." Read the abstract here:
www.biolsci.org...

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

edit on 19-9-2012 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
We're all going to die...

Everyone run for the hills..........

(waving hands in the air sporadically)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
SnF

This is what we need
Independent verifiable scientific testing ( from a country who's politicians and scientists are not in bed with the producers )

And the more that happens, the more we're going to find out just how bad messing with nature and the food chain is

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

Gotta love these folks who make fun of this info and shrug it off! Just so we can see them post and cry about how bad their health is in a year or so!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Dude, there is so many things that can go wrong in a day that will kill you anyways, might as well have your last meal and enjoy it.

edit on 19-9-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

link   

If we eat GMO foods we will be come ill...and TPTB say many organic foods are supposed to have high levels of arsenic.

There is nothing left to eat!

link   
Its an awful good thing I do not eat vegetables then.

Well they hide that garbage in other things I eat so oh well

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Dude, there is so many things that can go wrong in a day that will kill you anyways, might as well have your last meal and enjoy it.

So the question for you is, "Do you do something about it, or follow the herd?"!

I agree that there are a lot of bad things happening, but to be complacent about it and just say "Oh well, things are so bad that I will bury my head in the sand until they get their way!", isn't going to help or change anything is it? Why do we walk away from our oppressors with a defeatist attitude?

Don't you think that might be why we are living in the crazy upside down world that we are now facing?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Natural News posted the older 2009 fulltext, here is the abstract for the one published today
---

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278691512005637

dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2012.08.005

Food and Chemical Toxicology

Available online 19 September 2012

In Press, Corrected Proof

Article history
Received 11 April 2012
Accepted 2 August 2012
Available online 19 September 2012

Long term toxicity of a Roundup herbicide and a Roundup-tolerant genetically modified maize

Gilles-Eric Séralini a,
Emilie Clair a,
Robin Mesnage a,
Steeve Gress a,
Nicolas Defarge a,
Manuela Malatesta b,
Didier Hennequin c,
Joël Spiroux de Vendômois a

a University of Caen, Institute of Biology, CRIIGEN and Risk Pole, MRSH-CNRS, EA 2608, Esplanade de la Paix, Caen Cedex 14032, France

b University of Verona, Department of Neurological, Neuropsychological, Morphological and Motor Sciences, Verona 37134, Italy

c University of Caen, UR ABTE, EA 4651, Bd Maréchal Juin, Caen Cedex 14032, France

Abstract

The health effects of a Roundup-tolerant genetically modified maize (from 11% in the diet), cultivated with or without Roundup, and Roundup alone (from 0.1 ppb in water), were studied 2 years in rats. In females, all treated groups died 2–3 times more than controls, and more rapidly. This difference was visible in 3 male groups fed GMOs. All results were hormone and sex dependent, and the pathological profiles were comparable. Females developed large mammary tumors almost always more often than and before controls, the pituitary was the second most disabled organ; the sex hormonal balance was modified by GMO and Roundup treatments. In treated males, liver congestions and necrosis were 2.5–5.5 times higher. This pathology was confirmed by optic and transmission electron microscopy. Marked and severe kidney nephropathies were also generally 1.3–2.3 greater. Males presented 4 times more large palpable tumors than controls which occurred up to 600 days earlier. Biochemistry data confirmed very significant kidney chronic deficiencies; for all treatments and both sexes, 76% of the altered parameters were kidney related. These results can be explained by the non linear endocrine-disrupting effects of Roundup, but also by the overexpression of the transgene in the GMO and its metabolic consequences.

Highlights

► A Roundup-tolerant maize and Roundup provoked chronic hormone and sex dependent pathologies. ► Female mortality was 2–3 times increased mostly due to large mammary tumors and disabled pituitary. ► Males had liver congestions, necrosis, severe kidney nephropathies and large palpable tumors. ► This may be due to an endocrine disruption linked to Roundup and a new metabolism due to the transgene. ► GMOs and formulated pesticides must be evaluated by long term studies to measure toxic effects..

Abbreviations

GM, genetically modified;
R, Roundup;
MRL, maximal residual levels;
GMO, genetically modified organism;
OECD, Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development;
GT, glutamyl-transferase;
PCA, principal component analysis;
PLS, partial least-squares;
OPLS, orthogonal partial least-squares;
NIPALS, Nonlinear Iterative Partial Least Squares;
OPLS-DA, Orthogonal Partial Least Squares Discriminant Analysis;
G, glycogen;
L, lipid droplet;
N, nucleus;
R, rough endoplasmic reticulum (on microscopy pictures only);
U, urinary;
UEx, excreted in urine during 24 h;
APPT, Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time;
MCV, Mean Corpuscular Volume;
PT, Prothrombine Time;
RBC, Red Blood Cells;
ALT, alanine aminotransferase;
MCHC, Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration;
A/G, Albumin/Globulin ratio;
WBC, White Blood Cells;
AST, aspartate aminotransferase

Keywords

GMO;
Roundup;
NK603;
Rat;
Glyphosate-based herbicides;
Endocrine disrupting effects

edit on 19-9-2012 by wujotvowujotvowujotvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What about eating things that eat GM foods

Most of the meat products we get in the grocery store have some GM in their food stock.

That's what I'm wondering about....

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by seeker1963

edit on 19-9-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Look there are some things that we don't have much control over in our lives, so I'm there with you that any day could be your last.

Thing is, we can develop lifestyle choices that increase the probability of living another healthy day, and healthy year. It would seem wise to develop a strategy

...like based on the EROEI. Energy return on energy invested...healthy eating seems to have a high EROEI rating as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 19-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
SnF

This is what we need
Independent verifiable scientific testing ( from a country who's politicians and scientists are not in bed with the producers )

And the more that happens, the more we're going to find out just how bad messing with nature and the food chain is

you are the only one to make a sensible contribution.the others are probably industry shills to make light of it.

i want to live.

i want to live healthy.

Clinical studies and trials are expensive, which is why they need funding. Most funding comes from interested parties, ie clinical trials in medicines tend to be funded by the drug company/ies involved. There is always some level of bias in the way it works. What is needed is INDEPENDENT studies/trials and some sure way of funding scientists without corporate help. Until it is possible to do INDEPENDENT studies on a large scale, then those few studies that are funded outside of the corporations are a sitting target as being a minority and the usual pattern used is to claim that there are hundreds of studies that show a positive result/aka the way the funders want it shown. The plethora of Industry-funded scientific data, with its ghostwritten articles and its conflicts of interest are being used to make us sick by allowing this toxic crap into the food chain.

Best thing is to send these pictures and articles to all the government officials.

Tell them they and their families are not immune to GMO poisoning no matter how much money they have.

edit on 19-9-2012 by beckybecky because: plea.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This can't be true, i witness a media article and watched a media news claiming that there was no difference between the two

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think you are describing two studies in your OP. I didn't read the natural news link - but the "abstract" (the link actually contains the full study) you linked too describes something different than you described in your OP.

The linked study contains no new laboratory research, but it does describe how scientists used the existing data Monsanto used to say the GM varieties were safe to show that, indeed, they are not safe. They show Monsanto used some extraordinarily half-assed statistical tools (different than described in their protocol even!) as evidence for safety, and how Monsanto blatantly ignored some concerning results. They describe how the study design - insufficient number of subjects, only a single species of subject, only two feeding levels, only 3-months of feeding - was wholly unsatisfactory to show safety for human consumption. And the Monsanto study is what gets presented to the USDA, FDA, EPA, etc... to prove that is fit for use and fit for consumption. And when your ex-employee, whom you've set up handsomely is the one reviewing your "scientific study to demonstrate safety" you can be sure that not much scrutiny will be given to your poor-excuse for scientific research.

S&F! Thank you!!!
edit on 19-9-2012 by UdonNiedtuno because: (no reason given)

ETA: 2 studies indeed - my summary above is for the 2009 study - user wujotvowujotvowujotvo above has posted the abstract for the new study - thanks for that!
edit on 19-9-2012 by UdonNiedtuno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
to get rid of this stuff there is one solution that will definedly work:

Don't buy it !

now you can start saying: .. i get no information... i have no plan .. other still buy it, so it does not matter...
nonsense

You as a customer are the most powerful figure in this game, cause every time you grab into the shelf in your local supermarket you VOTE for the stuff you buy.
If you simply buy what is cheapest you get what you deserve.

The trick is developing a specific knowledge what all these declarations on food tell you, and you taking your time to select, cause if its your health at stake every minute you spend with doing so contributes to a longer life.

ok, as you see it requires some time and knowledge, but the price is: you get what you want, this way, or the other way.

For an example that this is a sort of voting and that it'll work:
Shell oil decided to sink its old platform 'Brant Spa' into the sea because it was old and they thought they have no more use for it.
An alternative plan was towing it to some scrapping zone and dismantle to avoid oil spills and stuff.
This alternative was no option, according to shell, for cost reasons.

So millions of car owners starting to avoid shell and bought there gas somewhere else.
So they noticed .. oh well... bad decision .. we better tow it in.

Problem solved ... the public has voted.

If you think you cannot stop something happening and you have no options in this democratic political system ..
YOU HAVE ...your democracy happens with your money in the supermarket.

Don't buy this fancy stuff and you see, we all gonna get rid of it.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

thats alarming,
Unfortunatley while this looks like it could lead to significant change but it probably wont,

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

What about eating things that eat GM foods

its possible that chemicals and dna fragments from the gmo will make their way into the animals flesh, it would be less dangerous but still dangerous

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

• Up to 50% of males and 70% of females suffered premature death.

• Rats that drank trace amounts of Roundup (at levels legally allowed in the water supply) had a 200% to 300% increase in large tumors.

• Rats fed GM corn and traces of Roundup suffered severe organ damage including liver damage and kidney damage.

Yep! It seem's like ingesting "Roundup" is a pretty bad idea. But hell fire, I already knew that!

Do you have any statistics on rats that eat genetically modified food that hasn't been laced with Roundup? That's what I would be much more interested in seeing.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
We're all going to die...

Everyone run for the hills..........

(waving hands in the air sporadically)

Nobody objects to a quick and painless death except the money men with their stolen wealth and their coat tail riders.

It is the slow dying and the pain and the lifestyle choice.
When you become ill or have tumors you will appreciate it.

I don't mind you dying slowly or painfully.that is your choice.

I do mind dying and especially painfully and slowly.
so this for those people who don't want end up in hospitals and be in pain.

edit on 19-9-2012 by nobodysavedme because: SPELLING.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

you mean this one?

Long term toxicity of a Roundup herbicide and a Roundup-tolerant genetically modified maize

Abstract

The health effects of a Roundup-tolerant genetically modified maize (from 11% in the diet), cultivated with or without Roundup, and Roundup alone (from 0.1 ppb in water), were studied 2 years in rats. In females, all treated groups died 2–3 times more than controls, and more rapidly. This difference was visible in 3 male groups fed GMOs. All results were hormone and sex ...

www.sciencedirect.com...

i suggest everyone write to their representative as becky suggests and emphasize they and their families are not immune to illness and disease from GMO foods.

look at steve jobs .

$9 billion in the bank and he dies of cancer at 43.

Tell your representative that steve jobs had $9 billion in the bank and that he died from cancer.

just imagine $9 billion in your pocket and getting snuffed out by cancer painfully.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$9000 000 000 in the bank.

repeat at least 5 times.

richest man in the cemetery.

tell your representative that and to stop Mansanto/Merck FROM POISONING US ALL.

edit on 19-9-2012 by nobodysavedme because: spelling.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

All food you eat is genetically modified. What do you think selective breeding and planting is?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join