It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim cartoon of September 19th

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
So to question the number of deaths during the holocaust makes you a neo-Nazi nowadays ?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Can someone please blow that picture up so we can see it better and translate all the captions?

Heck, if they were clearer, I'd use it for my avatar.
edit on 20-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
I think the French are trying to make a point about free speech ~ that the rest of the world is not going to be silenced by a group of barbarians.

A few of your soldiers in the middle east might be silenced though...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphaskunk

I think it is pushing the limits of freedom of speech and only seeking provocation. Also an attempt to capitalize on the current crisis.

It think is also way more offending then the movie.

Do you speak french?

Do you understand the exact meaning of the cartoon?

Are you able to understand what sarcasm or satire is?

It is MY understanding (from the little i read) that this magazine is actually not explicitly depicting Mohammed, in fact they did not make this clear and its open to the reader.

It also my understanding that the PRESS (and likely also you, right here, with your post!) just form an opinion, entirely out of context. For example, when the press says "they make fun of Mohammed, depict Mohammed" - while the cartoon in reality is NOT a mockery of Mohammed but a satirical, cynical piece making fun of the entire situation with the movie.

This situation is indeed as absurd and bizarre (and now with all its ramification with people crying to censor FREE SPEECH, for god's sake) that it very well justifies a satirical piece.

What can be more abstruse and worthy a satire than some pathetic movie appearing and Muslims rioting about it?

Also..do me a favor and explain your "limits of free speech" please and also your opinion how offending the cartoon is. Of course, i strongly anticipate you understand french and know the meaning of this cartoon! Or did you just form your opinion seeing the picture and the naked butt? This would not be enough to form an opinion, i am afraid.
edit on 20-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

But isn't a huge gamble? a bomb already exploded and they are closing embassies and school in 20 countries. What if people die on France soil regarding that cartoon ?

Then TPTB get their excuse to start their war.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
What, so if some extremist in Paris takes offence at these cartoons and decides to blow himself and several innocent, random strangers up 'France' would have asked for it and by extension deserve it?

It's only a bloody cartoon.

Yes it it, but those who created it knew full well what was going to be the reaction. Debating whether the reaction if justified is pointless.

It's only a cartoon. That is designed to spark a war.

I don't understand why so many people can't see that.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

What, you acually believe this cartoon was drawn and published with the specific aim of starting a war?

Would you go to war and be prepared to kill someone, or be killed, because of a cartoon?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
What, so if some extremist in Paris takes offence at these cartoons and decides to blow himself and several innocent, random strangers up?

Then it would be about time we change laws - and I can tell you, those laws would NOT be in favor of Muslims and Islam.

What do we do here in the West with murderers, killers, terrorists?

Go, take a hypothetical group of people who are known to go around and kill others for whatever reasons...what do you think would happen with such a group?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

So Kate can sue, it is her breasts, it is against the law to photograph someone in the nude on their property without their consent.

So is Mohammed going to come back from the dead and start a lawsuit?

Is everyone in the world going to agree to never tease anyone and play nice all of the time? Could you possibly get everyone to behave in this manner? Who should police them? It should be against the law to draw satire? I see cartoons in the paper mocking our politcal figures, some are mean. Should they stop? Where does this end?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by artnut

So is Mohammed going to come back from the dead and start a lawsuit?

Wrong question to ask in context.

The proper question is:

"Was there a topless picture taken of Mohammed, on private property in a private setting, while he was on vacation with his husband?"

Which immediately highlights the insanity of the situation and the insanity of the people that make those arguments.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

So to question the number of deaths during the holocaust makes you a neo-Nazi nowadays ?

In my view it makes you either:

1- Confused by conspiracy theories. This because of disillusionment of your own government's ethical or lack of ethical conduct You could be an intelligent person who has been swayed by highly emotionally charged unintelligent reasoning and illogical argument propositions. This has to do with you, psychologically and only you can think your way out.

2- An idiot: you could have been swayed by conspiracy theories but you wouldn't remember, neither do you care to remember. In fact, you don't think much, you just parrot most of the time. Pray you don't fall victim and get used as a "useful idiot".

3- An infiltrator: This one is quite sinister and I surely would not accuse you of this, however there are people spread such insidious propaganda because they want option 1 to happen.

Have you ever asked yourself why you would question "the number of deaths during the holocaust" in the first place? First of all, the holocaust happened - the numbers are a non-issue to contest and show that you can be considered one of the three options above.

Second of all, do you have any idea about the tens of millions of people that were murdered during world war 2? 30 million in the far east alone out of which 24 million ethnically Chinese at the hands of the Japanese under Hirohito. Over twenty six and a half million of Soviet Russia's people, gone. And you have trouble believing 6 million Jewish were murdered at the hand of Germans under Hitler(for crying out loud)? A fraction of the close to-if not over a hundred million people murdered in world war 2.

I hope that, in retrospect, you decide to properly research your sources and snap out of that disillusionment.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
this tweet just went out from a radio broadcaster :
Ben Fordham‏@BenFordham

Text and Facebook messages being sent around encouraging violence in Sydney this weekend... Cops are arresting people sending them on.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
O.k., it's been over a full day since these cartoons have been released and I have not seen One news report about the same extremists who rioted and committed murder over that silly film, even toss one rock in the direction of any French Embassy.

Don't you all find that a little strange.. a little telling perhaps that those actions came from some phoney agenda against the USA and not really because they were really upset at the film?

We'll see what the next few days brings. Friday, ( today) Is called on to be some new holy show your respect for Muhammad day in Pakistan. If nothing happens today then the whole world will KNOW you terrorists were full of Crap.

Anyone got a detailed list of all the people that were killed, who they were, what job they did, and what nationality they were? Perhaps we can find the reason why these terrorists may have invented this situation.

Update: This could be part of it. Proof as to who re named the 14 minute film Innocence of Muslims from it's original name - A company that contracts out to the US Military. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join