It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am ready to Baptize Extra-terrestrials

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Every Christian can administer that sacrament. If the extraterrestrials believe Jesus is the Son of God, what stops them from being baptized with water? As the Ethiopian eunuch asked Philip on the road. After that Philip was transported supernaturally (or extraterrestrially) to Azotus.
We don't know the whole history of humankind, and why there should be human bones dated 100,000 years if Adam is only at 6000 y ago. It will pass time until we are told more. Meanwhile, some extraterrestrials may desperately want to be included in Jesus' flock and church. They may be even approaching main churches and being delayed or refused. They approached in 1950s the Vatican, from Eisenhower meeting. Is this the condition for them to help us out of a world that sees no end of its existential problems, despite its tech achievements. I don't know. But if they want to be baptized, I am a volunteer to do it together with others. As Fr Funes said he would do it too.
edit on 19-9-2012 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
ATS Thread Title of the Year. Other than that, I have Noooooo idea what to say.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

If the extraterrestrials believe Jesus is the Son of God, what stops them from being baptized with water?

Two things.
1. I know you said "if", but I'm assuming the ETs got to Earth before you'd do it (rather than you traveling), and in that case they would be far too intelligent to believe in that.
2. They might dissolve in water?

Also you said "You are ready".. How does your readiness differ from the time you weren't ready?
edit on 19-9-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

What if they melt in water, like the wicked witch in the wizard of oz......

Des

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Okay, I'll bite. If extraterrestrials want to get baptized I don't have a problem with it. However, there are some considerations with this.

Provided extraterrestrials exist, what makes you think that they would physically be able to tolerate water? I know it's just a movie but in "Signs" water severely burned the extraterrestrials. If that turned out to be the case, would you use an alternate substance? Also, would baptism really even be necessary? Jesus said that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Also, what if the extraterrestrials had their own established religion? Why would they convert? Most of us wouldn't dream of giving up our religious beliefs- especially for one that is completely alien to our own. Or maybe their religion is so completely different than ours that they find ours childish. Or maybe they worship a giant rock and think worshipping an invisible guy in the sky is ludicrous.

I will give you this: your post has given me something new to think about,

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wow how ridiculous. If aliens do come here what makes you think they will be stupid enough to believe in our superstitions and illogical beliefs?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What if they don't believe in Jesus?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What if they are missionaries...

What if they came to baptize us, into their religion....huh....

Des

edit on 19-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

If the power of god compelles you then go for it, but what happens if they multiply ?
then ull be compelled to be there all night lol .i can just picture you dunking there heads
in the water all shrouded up - with the saucers parked up on the river bed..

edit on 19-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Crack is a hell of a drug bro, i get u...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012newstart
We don't know the whole history of humankind, and why there should be human bones dated 100,000 years if Adam is only at 6000 y ago.

Have you thought this through? It sounds like you're right...there...on...the...edge of figuring it out. Come on, jump into the 21st century with the rest of us. You'll get there.

And closer to the topic, why couldn't the extraterrestrials baptize each other? I mean what specific authority do you have or Fr Whoeveryasaidthere have that make a baptism from either of you any more valid than what they can do themselves?

You realize God is extraterrestrial, no?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
LOL

This should be made into a movie, I would add it to my queue.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
Crack is a hell of a drug bro, i get u...

Are you talking about the op or other posters?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

As you can clearly see I didn't reply to anyone specifically, so it was referred to the OP obviously. You MAD bro?

ETA: Why you want to jump in the crack wagon, be my guest~~~

edit on 19-9-2012 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

It seems you are making a couple of assumptions that have me curious (No, not the "it's safe to dunk them in water, assumption" (Although, if you want I'll tell you about my experience with a one-pound can of metallic Sodium.))

First, do we know that they need baptism and salvation? Perhaps they made the right choice in whatever their Garden of Eden was. They may not be fallen creatures, as we are.

Second, if they are fallen, how do we know what provisions God has made for their redemption? We know baptism is important for us, but is it for them?

Honestly? I would rather greet them with a sign that says "Go away, we are a sinful and violent people. Do not let us infect you."

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

As you can clearly see I didn't reply to anyone specifically, so it was referred to the OP obviously. You MAD bro?
Not at all son .. just asking bro you could of been replying to anyone couz.
Being not specifically and all dude .

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
When Extraterestrials arrive...

I will gladly take them to the local church.......

The same local church that runs a evangelical school...that has a ban on books mentioning aliens...or anything else we mention on ATS.

I would love to see their faces....

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I do believe this was covered in south park. Starvin Marvin haha.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You have got to be kidding. How will you baptise this guy?

Remember, they are said to stand 12 feet tall. Going to wrestle him down before he eats you alive? What's the plan here?
Seriously, when ET does come, they will set you all straight on your religions.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

What if they melt in water, like the wicked witch in the wizard of oz......

Des

Des, that is one post that made me laugh. We might not be in agreement in many things, but I think this is the funniest one I have heard from you. Kudos.

That was a very good point. And he never specified which aliens, the Reptilians, Greys, what?

Maybe they were already baptized on the planet they came from and perhaps there is some religion on other planets. We don't know.

I think you inspired a new thread...What is the Religion of the Individual Races of Aliens and What Are Their Sacraments...

Surely with all the people who have been abducted by aliens, they might have some clue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join