It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China rounds up and CAGES beggars ... so they didn't spoil the view at town fair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Beggars at a religious folk festival in Nanchang, Jiangxi China have been ordered to stay in purposely built cages, or be removed from the festivities.

The zoo-like cages are so small adults are unable to stand and although they are free to leave at will, they are immediately banished from the festival area and have to leave the town if they do so.

‘This year we decided we would no longer accept beggars wandering everywhere, distressing our guests and spoiling it for everyone else,' explained one organiser before adding that no one is forcing them to beg and that they have voluntarily entered the cages.

‘Over the last few years we have had increasing numbers of beggars turning up at the festival and it was becoming very intruding for our visitors. They were being harassed and made to feel uncomfortable.

‘We had no choice but to ban them from the grounds. We found the cages a good solution for everyone. People can still give them donations if they desire too but are not harassed and followed around the festival when they are having a day out with their families.

Daily Mail

The beggars are allowed to leave the cages but if they do, they must leave the city.

This is just so non Politically Correct.

You have to take your hat off to the Chinese.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Looks like they are practicing for their eventual take over of the US.

I hope I can fit a TV inside one of those things.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Stop the talk about a U.S. takeover. Try to put an American in that cage you better have 5 or 6 guys and some chains, or you'd better kill us. Don't underestimate our people because our Government is full of cowards.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Dude they should imPliment this in Santa Monica! Ever been to china? The beggars are annoying and aggressive. They do follow you around for at least two minutes per beggar . I don't blame the Chinese for implanting this practice. They aren't being forced to stay in the cages. They can leave. So what if Part of the leaving thing involves going to the next town over.

Now in resPect to the beggars on china. They did create one of the few atually function able southern Kung fu styles called beggars/ wanderers/ vagabond style. It's still practiced in south china and is a no nonsense street fighting style. Check out the kuen sil sek ( sek sze- sup Ji-bak ) to see some of their techniques.
edit on 19-9-2012 by BASSPLYR because: Stupid iPhone autocorrect posting gibberish!!!

edit on 19-9-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
reply to post by tvtexan

Stop the talk about a U.S. takeover. Try to put an American in that cage you better have 5 or 6 guys and some chains, or you'd better kill us. Don't underestimate our people because our Government is full of cowards.

To be fair, those cages would have to wider to fit in your average american. And they probably wouldn't have to force it either, lay down a track of M&M's, tell them theirs an xbox or cable tv in there and they'll probably go willingly.

Thats not to say you will - But there is around 350 million people in america who probably will.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Instead of spending the money and time to erect the cages ,why not just give them a broom or rake and pay them to walk around cleaning up the fair. I came up with this idea in less than 30 seconds and spent $0 on research and development .???

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Instead of spending the money and time to erect the cages ,why not just give them a broom or rake and pay them to walk around cleaning up the fair. I came up with this idea in less than 30 seconds and spent $0 on research and development .???

Geesh you have just solved the North American Welfare problem! Bravo!

Maybe you should get into politics

On a more serious note, how much do you think a white monkey like me could rake in a day working one of those newfangled cages in China? I bet I could score quite a handsome lump of change

edit on 19-9-2012 by BrianG because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

Enough to buy your freedom or a bowl of rice.But you have to act like you really want Change.

new topics

top topics

join