It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you get negative ATS points?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
While reading several threads and associated posts, I noticed that one individual was repeatedly penalized for T&C violations and I got curious. I checked out his/her profile to discover that his/her ATS point rating was in excess of -1,700 pts. while my own are approaching +90,000 which led to the following questions.

How does an individual end up with negative ATS points?
How many negative ATS points are allowable?
What is the real value of ATS points?

I mean, why would I care if I'm continually penalized, (provided I keep from getting banned) if their is no bottom to the cost?

Thanks,
Flatfish

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You get negative points by garnering T&C infractions.

Points were part of an older system and now are mostly just to denote ATS members who contribute quality content and don't get into trouble with the mods.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Be proud of your points!! Continue to take the time to think twice before posting a comment (something that will become a major problem in the weeks to come in the political forums.) The mods already have their hands full...

I like the points. Its a good incentive for those who wish to make positive contributions to ATS and its members.

Furthermore, seeing negative points on the profile of a new member is a good indicator of a potential troll... Bye Bye Trolls...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Make a joke or a statement that a mod doesn't understand.

Simple.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Negative points = naughty poster.
Positive points =
poster.

Congrats on all your points.
I still don't know what we can do with all these points.
We can't buy anything with them.
Turn them in for a bumper sticker or free T shirt or something .. that'd be nice.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Since there is no longer anything to spend your points on, I tend to save mine for when I have a severely differing opinion on a topic and then it is worth it to lose 500 here and there.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
ATS points are now pointless - oh the irony

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Like this, look below...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
#, hit #

That didn't even work
edit on 20-9-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

Yeah, ATS has auto censors...That said...OP,as has been said, basically,the way to negative points is through negative behavior. But that's no fun anyway. All it does it make you and everyone around you miserable.

edit on 21-9-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Even awesome and wonderful chitenz like me get a post ban from time to time.... I've only had one, but they took points away

....and have taken points away when I get my feathers really ruffled and post before I think....

But all in all, I'm a pretty awesome chiten!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

What the hell is a Chiten?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
i like to think the point actually still hold some merit. thay are almost a measurement of "ATS" credibility if you will

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
so how do i know how many points i got....where are they???

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Go to your "profile", on the left side....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

oh ok....i got 25,308 ... i have no idea how i got them and what they are for....at least im not in the red lol

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

How does an individual end up with negative ATS points?

I found to my great regret that drinking myself starfished then spewing bile all over the boards and getting banned works quite well. This is only my 101st post and I'm running at -2057, the points don't matter but getting banned hurt like hell.
It might sound corny, but the ban was just the slap I needed and caused me much self-examination and navel-gazing
so much fluff
but thanks to the kind moderator who heard my petitions and un-banned me, I might once more write that killer thread that wipes out my points overdraught overnight.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by freebornman

I've always been a strong believer in new beginnings myself.

You're no longer in the negative.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

I don't quite know what to say. I know they're just numbers, but that was very kind, and gave me a smile and a warm feeling inside. You didn't need to do that, but you did it. Thank you so much.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebornman
reply to post by Djarums

I don't quite know what to say. I know they're just numbers, but that was very kind, and gave me a smile and a warm feeling inside. You didn't need to do that, but you did it. Thank you so much.

DJ is a pretty awesome lil feller.

Sooooo, how about that epic thread? Get to workin'.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join