It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 4 injured after explosion at kosher store. (France.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hi.

www.businessweek.com...

PARIS (AP) — A French news agency is reporting that four people were injured when a small package bomb exploded inside a kosher grocery store in a Paris suburb.

The attack took place in Sarcelles, a suburb about 20 kilometers (12 miles) north of Paris.

A French Jewish umbrella organization, CRIF, said in a statement that "it fears this attack" is connected to the days of violent protests from Asia to Africa against the U.S.-produced film "Innocence of Muslims," which ridicules Prophet Muhammad.

I think it may have been an attack in response to the cartoons published by Charlie Hebdo but it could be the movie thing. To be honest I think people just want an excuse to kill.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think you may be right that groups of people are capitalizing on this questionable release of media, the movie and cartoon, to justify their attacks.

The credibility of the sources is a red flag for me, Jewish organization seems quick to blame Muslims...

Need to reserve judgement untill more information comes to light. Thanks for the quick post.

edit on 19-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

A French Jewish umbrella organization, CRIF, said in a statement that "it fears this attack" is connected to the days of violent protests from Asia to Africa against the U.S.-produced film "Innocence of Muslims," which ridicules Prophet Muhammad.

im confused. i thought it was coptic christians in egypt that made the movie, not US produced.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Could this be how it starts?

I mean, I think we can all see that this entire "deface Muhammad" push (movie trailers, cartoons etc) is to increase tensions and aggressions with Muslims but with I$rael basically doing cartwheels in trying to get support for warring with Iran, wouldn't a terrorist act against something seen as "Jewish" be the perfect preface?

Just a thought..

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

I've been confused about it since the day I was born!

When murder and war start making sense please let me know.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

You might be onto something there, since the prescedent has been set, everyone may feel they are free to make light of a once taboo topic.

What we have seen though thus far is more like hate speech, compared to free speech...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by TXRabbit

You might be onto something there, since the prescedent has been set, everyone may feel they are free to make light of a once taboo topic.

What we have seen though thus far is more like hate speech, compared to free speech...

Define hate speech? If I call a fat girl large marge..is that hate speech? or free speech?

Oh I get it...its only hate speech if someone gets offended...hmm yea that makes sense...

In that case I can't stand klingons.....they smell bad and they look like they have a pelvis on their forehead.....damned pelvis heads......

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

In that case I can't stand klingons.....they smell bad and they look like they have a pelvis on their forehead.....damned pelvis heads......

"There he is.......he called you a pelvis head!"

"Well he said you smell bad!"

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
it did not take the half-humans long to strike...

these strange species demonstrate remarkable speed

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I think it may have been an attack in response to the cartoons published by Charlie Hebdo but it could be the movie thing. To be honest I think people just want an excuse to kill.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there. Funny I was just reading about the cartoon then bumped into this post. I was already thinking they were connected as soon as I read the tread tittle. Feels like the fuse has been lit to kick off WW3.

top topics

join