It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists with too much time on their hands.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It looks like the battle to cure cancer is over and all the world's problems have been solved through the miracles of science becuase these guys have found the time to invent a contraption that feeds you popcorn hands-free.

The Popinator voice-activated popcorn launcher: because greasy hands are just so 2011 (update: yep, may become a product)

Before you ask: it looks like the real deal. Popcorn, Indiana has decided that it's just too much trouble to reach into that bag or bowl and has devised the Popinator, quite possibly the world's only smart popcorn launcher. A binaural microphone array on the machine's front listens for a clear "pop" command -- say the magic word and the Popinator will aim one of its many corn projectiles at your mouth, no hands required.

Engadget

It looks like a really cool invention. They made it to only be an in house gadget for their own amusement but the interest generated in this thing may make them have to put it out on the market.

I could just imagine the military applications of something like this; it could be used as a voice activated assasination machine. Just leave it in a room and when it recognizes its target's voice, a gun pops up and shoots his head off.

A co-worker of mine suggested they hook one up to his car with a camera to detect people flipping him the bird so it could shoot paintballs at their cars. Me, I woulda gone with an RPG though...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

....are...you...****ing...kidding...me?

What the [censored] kind of piece of [censored] world is this? Son of a [censored] god [censored] really want to [censored] and [censored]... Sorry.

But seriously. Famine, disease, politics, deception, the death of democracy, materialism, nuclear threats, religious warfare, and the best we can do is a popcorn machine for people too fat to lift a finger...LITERALLY?!

I no longer desire to live in this world. To quote the infamous Eric Cartman: "Screw you guys, I'm goin' home!"
edit on 19-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I guess you are assuming all Scientist are in human biology?

Scientist could do in any science field. some have multiple names, you could have multiple scientist in biology.

a Microbiologist, would have no idea how to cure cancer.

Since i can't watch the video and if this some sort of sarcasm, i'm sorry!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Haha, the title immediately reminded me of the rubbish I used to read in... wait for it....The Sun.... you know, in my sheepish days...

One that sprung to mind was many years ago when 'scientists' had created the perfect sandwich. I'm pretty sure it consisted of cheese, ham and butter but I could be wrong. What a bloody joke.

What I want to know is who pays for it?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Who eats one popcorn at a time

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I'm not 100% serious about the OP, otherwise I would have posted it on the ATS side instead of in BTS.

Originally posted by SilentE

One that sprung to mind was many years ago when 'scientists' had created the perfect sandwich. I'm pretty sure it consisted of cheese, ham and butter but I could be wrong. What a bloody joke.

That sounds like a mighty tasty sandwitch. I'll have to try it sometime.

But, yeah; scientists spending time on something like that is a bloody joke.

top topics

join